iphone 4g promo video
(58 posts, started )
iphone 4g promo video
idk if you guys already saw this but its funny as hell
apples promo vid for iphone 4g is geting voted down so much
Attached images
Untitled.png
4chan...
Also disliked. I bet the iPhoon can't play that video on it.
Quote from Bose321 :Also disliked. I bet the iPhoon can't play that video on it.

It can. I watched the video on my iPhone... Sadly I couldn't dislike it. Did rate it 2 stars though.

It's not a revolutionary step forward, I'm going to do what I did before and skip a generation.
Quote from Becky Rose :It can. I watched the video on my iPhone... Sadly I couldn't dislike it. Did rate it 2 stars though.

It's not a revolutionary step forward, I'm going to do what I did before and skip a generation.

You're saying it can play flash?
lol everyone thought they would hugely change it after the whole gizmodo thing.
#8 - oli17
"in 2009 the 3GS, with video recording", wow, you mean like the phone i had in 2005?? one small step for man...
Quote from Bose321 :You're saying it can play flash?

iPhone has ha you tube support since the first release. You can knock a product if you want, but knocking it for the sake of it without knowing the product that's just abut silly
Quote from oli17 :"in 2009 the 3GS, with video recording", wow, you mean like the phone i had in 2005?? one small step for man...

Phones have been able to make calls since they were first invented too, but people still get excited about a new phone.......

No, Apple isn't first with video recording. It isn't first with multi-tasking. It isn't first with a lot of things. But they will be easy to use and good quality.

I'm getting one on released day hopefully. The iPhone is objectively the best mobile phone I've ever had.
:sadbanana
Attached images
oO.png
Quote from hp999 ::sadbanana

haha how does that work? unlesstheres a way to dislike with facebook or something and views on facebook don't count
I have no idea myself.

I don't like the fact that they changed the shape of the phone itself, but the stuff in there is impressive.
Quote from dollarek :There wasn't multi-tasking on iPhone.

Corrected. Please, inquire yourself before speaking. Don't use only clichés and stereotypes.
Quote from dollarek :There is no multi-tasking on Iphone.

My mistake. I must have accidentally dreamt it whilst watching the Keynote presentation, or all the previews of iOS4 over the past 5 months or so...
I love my iPhone (3G) to bits, but their reluctance to embrace one of the most prolific web media technologies makes me boggle. Lack of Flash support is one of the things that makes me want to go with a rival next time. Not everyone can or wants to create an entire app to stream stuff. I love the Weebls Stuff website, but I can't see them releasing an app. And yes, I know the animations are on YouTube as well, but that's not the point.

I'm not even that bothered about most of the new features. I only use one thing at a time on my phone (unless you count apps and music, which this one already does) so I don't need multitasking.

And the Quattro marketing thing is a massive turn-off from OS4 too. I don't want them tracking everything I'm doing. I don't buy PC games that do targeted adverts, why would I want to have no choice in the matter on my phone?
For sure is a nice device (despite of the stupid limitations that every Apple product has) but the thing that amazes me is how enthusiasted they announce all the new features when there's actually nothing new. They haven't invented anything this time, it's like they live in a cavern not taking care of what competitors do
There is sound reasoning behind the flag thing Dajmin, although I agree it can be frustrating.

Flash video is decoded in software, whereas other video sites are moving o H.264 which mobiles have a hardware decoder for. This meens flash video drains the battery about 3 times faster than you tube.

Additionally flash is a bloaty product so sites with it are less responsive on little mobile cpu's, it's used less and less on the web as flash sites don't google index either, and it offers nothing that apple and googles favoured HTML 5 solution doesn't do.

Apples argument is why hamstring themselves supporting antiquated technology like flash, an in so doing create a scenario where more apps are coded in flash which will reduce battery life as it's so bloaty, when you can focus on newer technologies that don't have all the historic baggage.

The only reason to support flash is because it is still in use, but there's a lot less of it on the web then there used to be - and that's something I'm personally in favour of.

soon summry Apple feels that If we can put up with lack of flash now, then longer term the net result will be better. Then again, it's not Apple who are trying to visit Weebl's site is it
I've never really liked flash that much. Sure YouTube and Vimeo rely on it (although Youtube works with the iPhone), and a few sites have comic animations made in flash, and a few companies still insist on using flash for stuff like e-learning. But flash websites are horrid, and I make a point of not using them - always have, always will. And as Becky says, nobody in their right mind would set up a new site using flash, would they, as it's old fashioned and out of fashion.

So although miss being able to access Vimeo and silly animation sites, overall I don't miss flash itself. Vimeo are converting to alternative video formats anyway, and any funny vids are on Youtube now...

Yes, there are some limitations to the iPhone that are 'silly'. And yes, some of the hardware isn't as good as the opposition in terms of raw numbers. But the competition can't out do the whole experience. Just like no single personal music player has managed to be as nice to use as the original iPod, let alone future versions (in my opinion - and I never owned an iPod, my iPhone is my first ever Apple product, and for now that's enough).
I get Apple's thinking where that's concerned, but their thinking is too much like a developer and not enough like an average user. When I want to look at websites and get that lovely big empty space where a piece of Flash might be, all it does it point out a limitation of the product.

As a user, my first thought is not "thank you Apple for protecting my device from that battery draining bloated piece of pointlessness", it's "well damn, I wonder what I'm missing out on this time". I can't use shortened URLs to YouTube videos because they'll try to open in a browser which doesn't support them. Which is very clumsy on a device which has so many Twitter apps you'd get tired shaking a stick at them.

It's all about user choice. Even if they disabled it by default and made me check an option in the system settings to gain access to it I'd be happy. It seems that this is Apple showing their heritage. They've always been about being good at making stuff rather than using it.
If you click on a shortened URL to a Youtube vid, it opens a page in Safari for that video. Clicking on the video opens it in the Youtube player. I don't believe I've had a problem with that, either from twitter, forums or Facebook.
Quote from tristancliffe :If you click on a shortened URL to a Youtube vid, it opens a page in Safari for that video. Clicking on the video opens it in the Youtube player. I don't believe I've had a problem with that, either from twitter, forums or Facebook.

+1, the problem is with other video sites that use flash. But I've been on a site that used HTML5, and it's faster on PCs and usable on iPhones.
(EDIT: it was the Apple site btw)

Flash just keeps creating problems, even on my Athlon X2 4200+ with 3GB RAM: on Firefox it said that "a plugin is slowing down the system". Which plugin? Flash of course.

HTML5 FTW.

@ Becky: that's AWESOME xD
I just fell asleep while reading this thread. :sleep2:

I'd like an iphone tho, they look nice.

iphone 4g promo video
(58 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG