The online racing simulator
[tsr.] Blackwood Texture Update
(56 posts, started )
i like the grass as it is. I dont think it needs to be brightened. Not all grass is the same colour/brightness.
The grass will be brightened somewhat, but will be kept fairly close to what it is now. Games tend to look unrealistic because of the brightness (high saturation levels) of their textures, making them look like something from a comic book.

In real life your eyes don't capture images with such high saturation, unless false (man-made) elements are added.. such as high-intensity light.

Don't worry, we'll work until we have the perfect product. You can rest assured on that.
Well, u just see this now...

Really great work of u guys, im gonna wait for this texture pack.

Good job!
Haha, hello Lep! It's Damo.. from INS

Glad you like them

We're still working on them, everything is looking mighty good. Update soon.
Did you click on the thumbnail? The pics are HUGE*

*not actually huge
Yeah clicked on the thumbs their not active, both in Firefox & Internet Exploiter, and have cookies set, no pop up blockers etc etc that's why I complained can you send me the actual links the thumbs refer to pls?
#33 - joen
just remove the .th from the URL
They look reasonable, I'm wondering how the dark tarmac sections will display tyre marks and racing rubber, will they be too dark? Have you any shots of tyre marks on the dark sections?

(My preference is for dark tarmac not the anaemic looking 'concrete' we're used to racing on)

I would use them happily if the dark tarmac shows skid marks as per expectations. Good work guys
Tyre marks show up fine. Haven't got any screenshots on this PC but I'll take one tomorrow for ya.
Quote from Ryanry64 :Tyre marks show up fine. Haven't got any screenshots on this PC but I'll take one tomorrow for ya.

I'm looking fwd to skid marks and burnouts wheee
That looks pretty nice guys, even in the current phase. And what makes me more happy is i've read u're going to release it on 1024x1024. Thx
Keep up!
Skid marks

Again remove .th if you see links
#39 - Don
#41 - Naix
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if there is no shiny effect when you are riding on this tarmacs (even if it is darker) ?? (I may be wrong just a simple question).

Thank you.

Cheers
Because that shader effect is not implemented? The main graphics updates come with S3, S2 is supposed to finalise the biggest part of content.
#43 - Naix
You must be right.
If there is no shader effect, the result should be very 'eyes touchy' (very tiring and shiny).
Anyway, I will give a try. Thank you Guys for make it real on LFS
I don't think screenshots really do it justice to be honest. I'll make a quick video and try and compress it as best I can
Quote from boxer :Haha, hello Lep! It's Damo.. from INS

Glad you like them

We're still working on them, everything is looking mighty good. Update soon.

ahah hey Damo!

I can't wait for the update! ;D

You guys are doing a great work with this textures. The skid marks shots are awesome! ;P

New textures for this classic track... priceless! ;D

Quick update...

Since those screenshots were taken we've worked on and improved the following..

Curbs - look much more realistic now, very pretty

Tarmac - closed the difference in colour of old and new tarmac
added more detail including wear and tear - but not too much

Grass - Stopped the 'tiling effect' so it doesnt look like its been used over and over
DECREASED saturation but brightened it slightly, looks great

- -

Screenshots coming later tonight
Release it already :smash:
thank god you fixed the curbs. They looked very cartoony in the screenshots.
Come on man, get some updated pics out the door!

Seriously though I hope you guys take all the time you need to get the textures "just right", its annoying when quality gets compromised due to time pressure.
We'll make sure the textures are the best they can possibly be before we release them. Then we'll do the other circuits too.

I know other people have made texture packs for LFS, but it's nice to give peple a choice and hopefully ours will be of such a quality many people will use them.

Screens to come later..

[tsr.] Blackwood Texture Update
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG