The online racing simulator
Kyoto reworked
(40 posts, started )
#26 - Gunn
Quote from AndroidXP :Nah, that's how Eric mapped the textures, you cannot change that.

But perhaps you could put some of the light texture onto the edge of the dark one and create the illusion of an overlap?
No, the problem is that the textures must still be tile-able. If you put the soft overlap between bright and dark fixed on the texture, then you'd have it all over the place ingame. It would be like:
■■■■■■■■■■■■
#28 - Gunn
But it wouldn't have to be so apparent. Just not as straight and clinical as it is now.
But you already see the slightest imperfections on a texture as repetitive and annoying marks. Now imagine a slightly darker line every few metres. It wouldn't work.

E: I just realised you might not know this, but the change you see now is NOT on the texture. It's a complete texture change between two polygons. That both bright and dark texture are on the same DDS file is pure coincidence.
I just use the same colors now, all other ways looked ugly... I'll post the updated pack this night or tomorrow...
#31 - Gunn
Quote from AndroidXP :But you already see the slightest imperfections on a texture as repetitive and annoying marks. Now imagine a slightly darker line every few metres. It wouldn't work.

Hmm, I see. Somehow Eric's original tarmac still looks more realistic to me because it doesn't look painted on, the light and dark don't clash as much as most custom textures I've seen. Most of the custom tarmac I have seen lately is too uniform in texture and just looks too neat like it has never been raced on.
Looks real nice!! I will give it a try tonight.Thank you!
I think this will do it... but sry, updated download's not comming today.

one of the best road textures i've seen
The road texture looks really, really good. But the pavement in the pits looks odd. It looks like the stones that make up the pavement are as big as boulders. I'm not sure why the two look so different, but the first two pictures look GREAT!
Quote from Cue-Ball :The road texture looks really, really good. But the pavement in the pits looks odd. It looks like the stones that make up the pavement are as big as boulders. I'm not sure why the two look so different, but the first two pictures look GREAT!

Eric mapped the pits like this, textures are the same exept of the brightness.
Have to look if it's the same with the Ky GP Long Pits... I can only change this if it's also wrong there.

And thx!
#37 - Gunn
I think the new tarmac texture that you made is getting much closer to the goal. It is still a tad too uniform for my liking but otherwise I would say that your tarmac experimentation is starting to bear fruit. A good effort.
#38 - axus
Spectacular effort on the road textures!
Quote from ThunderX86 :Eric mapped the pits like this, textures are the same exept of the brightness.
Have to look if it's the same with the Ky GP Long Pits... I can only change this if it's also wrong there.

And thx!

I see. In that case, you may want to split the difference and make the stones look a bit smaller. That way the pits won't stand out so much, but the road texture will still look good. I also prefer the red/white or blue/white curbs over your red/white/green versions. But things are looking good! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Nice work, i prefer to keep the originals but it's nice that all of the LFS community can appreciate the "product" but at the same time, give constructive criticism!

Kyoto reworked
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG