(40 posts, started )
Kyoto reworked
Kyoto Reworked

Another texturepack for Kyoto:
  • Tarmac light & dark in 2048 px²
  • Grass, sandtraps in 2048 px²
  • High-Res Curbs (new / old)
  • Green pitlane
Screenshots: (mixed from both light & dark version)

You can see the difference of the old and new tarmac textures in this screenshot: Bild

[ Download ]
nice work.
detail is very nice.
Are you going to be making a light and dark version like what you did for Aston?
the tracks don't always have to go darker hehe. Although i'm using your Dark Aston texture and loving it
Quote from alco64 :Are you going to be making a light and dark version like what you did for Aston?

Yes, it'll be the same.
hey that looks good, maybe a bit grainy, but its pretty nice
am loving your textures! cant wait for this
Skins ready, scroll up to first post.
Looking good. Some nice detail

OT: Is it just me... or do those reflection textures look horrid to anyone else here??? I mean, so bright and cartoony, ughhhh Totally unrealistic and you can hardly even see a skin
Quote from Tweaker :OT: Is it just me... or do those reflection textures look horrid to anyone else here??? I mean, so bright and cartoony, ughhhh Totally unrealistic and you can hardly even see a skin

Thats the high-res reflection pack and I think it looks more realistic than the original reflections of lfs...
I've just never seen a car that is completely bleached out by sunlight.... if anything you should still be able to see things on the car... that reflection mod is just too bright and nearly cell-shaded almost.

But anyways, good progress with your textures, I like them
AWESOME, it's released already

Just a little request though. Could you make seperate downloadable files for the light and dark version. I'm on 56k (i know i know, ADSL next week FINALLY) and 14mb i just cbf downloading lol. If that could be arranged then sweet and thanks
#11 - axus
Your asphalt textures (all over the track) bug me. They're not sharp enough... Otherwise nice work.. especially the curbs.
#12 - Don
Quote from Tweaker :OT: Is it just me... or do those reflection textures look horrid to anyone else here??? I mean, so bright and cartoony, ughhhh Totally unrealistic and you can hardly even see a skin

agreed, i start to hate them IMHO they may look "cool" from some angles, but not realistic...
Quote from axus :Your asphalt textures (all over the track) bug me. They're not sharp enough... Otherwise nice work.. especially the curbs.

Not sharp enough?! If mine aren't sharp enough, what do you think about the default textures? Do you see them as just one color without any contrast? o______O

More people said my textures were too sharp while I was working on aston... it would look more like gravel if I make the texture any sharper... I think you're someone who rather want something like this? -> http://octrin.brainsware.org/aston_edit/3.jpg

Sry, but you have to do it yourself if you want something like this.

/edit: Oh and ever noticed that you can't see the single "stones" in the tarmac while watching tv? o_O
http://www.ambri-airport.ch/gallery_file/tarmac.jpg
http://www.autoshow.ro/images/ ... 0tarmac%20spyder_1024.jpg
http://static.4players.de/lfs- ... nts/files/asphalt_122.jpg
#14 - axus
The default textures are sharper than your current ones IMO... those you posted pictures of are now are way too sharp indeed but now you've gone the other way...
I think that reflection mod is good, but you've got to turn down Car Shine in the cfg.txt to make it work. On default they're just too shiny.

The mod looks good, and at some point I'll give it a try properly. The kerbs look very nice in the screenshot, but I'm not convinced (from your screenies, and this applies to all your packs) about the tarmac. It looks a bit fake to me, but it just might be static images.
Quote from ThunderX86 :
/edit: Oh and ever noticed that you can't see the single "stones" in the tarmac while watching tv? o_O

Sure you can, all you need is a camera with a short(er) exposure time...
Quote from axus :The default textures are sharper than your current ones IMO... those you posted pictures of are now are way too sharp indeed but now you've gone the other way...

I guess you just mean those white spots in the texture... if not, I don't really know why you think they look sharper then mine...

But I'll try to do something about this...

/edit:
Quote from alco64 :Just a little request though. Could you make seperate downloadable files for the light and dark version. I'm on 56k (i know i know, ADSL next week FINALLY) and 14mb i just cbf downloading lol. If that could be arranged then sweet and thanks

I've ADSL, but I can only upload with 24kb/s... that's still slow... I'll only do that if I update the pack.

/edit2:
@axus: Please try these textures: http://octrin.brainsware.org/kyotoreworked/kyoto_sharp1.rar
I'll try these textures as soon as I'm home again

I love your Aston textures, for me they're the perfect mix between hi-res detail but at the same time the contrast is not too high, so at speed the track gets more of a dark gray mass (like seen in many RL onboard videos), but without completely losing all detail.
#19 - axus
Those look quite a bit better... one more issue now, why is the dark tarmac soooo much darker than the light tarmac? Looks a bit odd IMO... apart from that, now they look good.
Quote from axus :Those look quite a bit better... one more issue now, why is the dark tarmac soooo much darker than the light tarmac? Looks a bit odd IMO... apart from that, now they look good.

The two different texture sets or just the different parts on the track?
#21 - axus
Here's a picture. Part of the problem is that the border between the two is straight. Maybe you can make it a bit edgy on the darker textures textures and then it will look more natural?... unless there's a place where there are two re-surfaced textures next to one-anotherk, which would make it look even worse. Dunno...
Attached images
Tarmac.JPG
Nah, that's how Eric mapped the textures, you cannot change that.
Thanks, I'll try to fix this too.

/edit:
@Android: Could be that there's the real end of the texture, then it's possible to try something I have in mind..
looks good download it now

Kyoto reworked
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG