The online racing simulator
Help with Max Laptime Manegement?
I'm running a demo server for a small group; a few times a day the server becomes busy and exceeds the 12 car demo max. I would like to use the license system to spectate players above a certain lap-time when the server is over full. Is this possible? Right now I gather it kicks players off the server. And idealy I would rather base the decision to move to autorization on the number of cars in the race not the number of players on server; there are often spectators!

In the same vein; I would like to be able to rotate tracks and classes. but currently I don't see a way to make sure the FBM is not selected for BL2. Is it possible to make sure FBM isn't selected for BL2 and also alternate between XFG+XRG and FBM on BL1?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Also - If someone could please help me set /laps and /qual. Lapper seems to override LFS on these and I've looked through every file in lapper; I can't find where to set laps and qualification time.
Quote from GobLox :Also - If someone could please help me set /laps and /qual. Lapper seems to override LFS on these and I've looked through every file in lapper; I can't find where to set laps and qualification time.

CASE "!laps":

cmdLfs( "/laps " . $argv . );
cmdLFS("/msg ^7»Laps Changed By " . GetCurrentPlayerVar ( "NickName" ) . "^7!" );
BREAK;
CASE "!hours":

cmdLfs( "/hours " . $argv . );
cmdLFS("/msg ^7»Hours Changed By " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "NickName" ) . "^7!" );
BREAK;

CASE "!qual":

cmdLfs( "/qual " . $argv . );
cmdLFS("/msg ^7»QualTime Changed By " . GetCurrentPlayerVar( "NickName" ) . "^7!" );
BREAK;

u need to set ur own admin rights

Quote :I'm running a demo server for a small group; a few times a day the server becomes busy and exceeds the 12 car demo max. I would like to use the license system to spectate players above a certain lap-time when the server is over full. Is this possible? Right now I gather it kicks players off the server. And idealy I would rather base the decision to move to autorization on the number of cars in the race not the number of players on server; there are often spectators!

try this
i didnt try it yet
its an idea

Event OnLap( $userName ) # Player event
IF(getLapperVar( "ShortTrackName" ) == "BL1")
THEN
IF(GetCurrentPlayerVar( "Car" ) == "FBM")
THEN
IF(NumToMSH(GetCurrentPlayerVar( LapTime )) >= "X.XX.XX")
THEN
cmdLFS("/spec" .$userName);
ENDIF
ENDIF
ENDIF
EndEvent

sry i dont use rotate track in lapper
i cant help u with that
Quote from Bass-Driver :
u need to set ur own admin rights

I'm afraid I don't quite follow. !Laps exists as a non-admin command already - it would be pretty easy to separate what happens based on admin status but it seems like the code you have there would just be overidden the next time the server is reset, wouldn't it?

With regards to my car car rotation question; What would happpen if I inserted code in the Onrotatetrack event that checked the track (Would it have to be current or next track at that stage of execution?) and then set /car to -fbm if track = BL2.

EDIT* Ah - I see you had a similar idea. If I'm not mistaken setting /car that way would still allow people to keep the wrong car if they already had it selected though wouldn't it?
Hi,

In lapper you can change number of laps , qual time and can change a lot of other things like type of cars with !gui

Be sure that your username is in the admin.txt and type !gui
Quote from Tim NL :Hi,

In lapper you can change number of laps , qual time and can change a lot of other things like type of cars with !gui

Be sure that your username is in the admin.txt and type !gui

Oh cool. I had admin setup but had never noticed !gui. Thanks

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG