The online racing simulator
Admin Trouble :( [admin pass in config]
You put an admin password there. You type in that password in the password box where you join the server.
what box ...? look at my image
That is the server config file. You need to make that line like look like this:

/admin=admin_pw

(Replace "admin_pw" with your desired admin pw, of course, also notice the single forward slash)

I would suggest using an admin pw without special characters.

Then, when you select the server to enter from inside LFS, put that same password in the password box.
quick question do i put admin_PASSWORD the admin ..or juste admin=PASSWORD
if your desired admin password was "server_n00b", then that line would look like this:

/admin=server_n00b
See attatchment

EDIT : Beaten to it . P.S. Surely it would be better to have some punctuation in admin PWs to stop brute force attacks? I mean no-one has ever been arsed to try one on a LFS game server but who knows.
Attached images
this box.JPG
#8 - SamH
Also don't forget, AFTER you've made your config file changes and saved the file again, to close and then restart your server.
No I Wanna Know If I Have To Put The Underscore
No, the line in the config file should be

/admin=adminpassword

Where "adminpassword" is your admin password. No underscores, nothing poncy. Just that. Punch the admin password in joining the server, and Bob's your uncle.
nvm guys i got it !!!!!!! there was // <--- and the pass was ignore but now it works ..thx for the help tho !!!
Quote from banshee56 :That is the server config file. You need to make that line like look like this:

/admin=admin_pw

(Replace "admin_pw" with your desired admin pw, of course, also notice the single forward slash)

I would suggest using an admin pw without special characters.

Then, when you select the server to enter from inside LFS, put that same password in the password box.

Read the whole posts from people that are trying to help you next time, please.

Err....also read the config file which stats: "//Lines starting with // are ignored"
Sorry to bring an old thread to the top but i guess it's better than to just create a new similiar thread.

I have the same problem. Can't login as admin to my dedicated server.

Removed the seccond forward slash in cfg file "/admin=myadminpw", restart the server, cant login.

Tried to set the password in the dedicated console, /admin=myadminpw, says unknown command.

The server is online and visible in the master server list, ppl are joining the server with no problem.

Been reading the LFS Wiki, forums and even player-made guides and there seems to be no clear guide on how to do this, quite annoying.

EDIT: Oh and yes, i did change "/adminslots=1" still no luck.

SOLVED: Seems that my adminpw was somehow not valid... lower-case 3 letter word with no special characters... Anyhow, works now that i changed to a longer one.
Post ypur setup.cfg file, remove passowrd first
Wow
Thanks guys ! I readed this tread and now I understand that // lines is ignored. I writed only / line and it works

Admin Trouble :( [admin pass in config]
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG