The online racing simulator
Green Flag didn't come out but you can overtake from the start/finish line, so err that would be a driver fail
Uhh, not sure atm and I don't care anymore since the final outcome for our team was pretty astonishing given the fact that the XRR didn't really stand a chance on that track

Overtaking yes, but if there is no green flag at all the race is not on. At least it was that way in the WTCC e.g. So what we thought was +1 formation lap and then a working green light
Quote from Commander :Overtaking yes, but if there is no green flag at all the race is not on. At least it was that way in the WTCC e.g. So what we thought was +1 formation lap and then a working green light

I think I would interpret it the same was as you: if there is no "green flag" then you're not racing - you're still under the safety car.
2.1) Drivers may overtake as they have crossed the start/finish line as indicated by the green posts but not before this point. This includes any lapped cars as well as racing for position.

that was what i thought was right, the SC had clearly left the track, pass once at the start/finish line

If that is the case one must ask what is the point of the green flag
The lead car should not accelerate to racing speed until the green flag.
The green flag may not be waved, and another SC lap needed.

Quote :
1.1) In the event that the field is unevenly spaced as it approaches the green flag, the marshals may instruct drivers to close up to or back off from the car ahead, or in extreme cases may decide to wave off the re/start. In this case the field will complete another lap behind the SC before taking the green.

2) When the SC enters the final sector, it will quickly accelerate away from the field and enter the pit lane. At this point the lead car should maintain the speed the SC had set before accelerating for the pit lane. Once the SC has reached pit lane the green flag will be shown indicating that the lead car may return to full race pace when they choose to. Once the leader has returned to full race speed they must not then slow back down again other than for natural braking points.

Seems theres a contradiction in with the rules and how i have been running the races, will clear it up for the next round.
Also, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE announce when a rule is lifted / changed (or whatever) due to any possible reason.
In the contradiction of the rules, would the first one mentioned not override the secondly mentioned rule? Then Bean0's posting of Rule 1.1 and 2) would override 2.2) (funny we have a similar incident like the F1 had in Monaco )

For a revision of the rules it might be useful to regulate the point where drivers begin to accelerate. In Aston the cars where already at race pace when the green flag was given and this is where the contradiction is because as you try to keep up you automatically start overtaking within the green poles area regardless if the green flag is shown or not.
What I would like to see is a green flag that gives the "Go" for full throttle on the initial start of the race and a separate ruling for the restarts under SC. In the SC the driver on P1 should lead the field, dictate the pace and decide when to accelerate. Green flag should be given early to indicate the race is on, safety car is in and that there will be a clean restart. Overtaking can then be done from the green poles onwards.

That I way I believe there is no way of misunderstanding the rules and it would give the opportunity to profit from a restart after the SC-phase (If the restart was initiated by the green flag, the leading car would suffer a lot if the straight was long)
Well, if the start was waved off, either the SCD message would appear or an Admin would say so. When the LEADER CONTROLS PACE message comes up, the track is clear and the SC is in pits, so the race is on once you reach the s/f. Contrary to previous years when DWB was in charge and wanted tight restarts (6.), the best thing for restarts is to have the leader decide when to go, usually resulting in a strung out field and much less carnage.

A new restart system was introduced at Kyoto, though it seems Benji didn't update the rules :o

Start of last SC lap: SC IN THIS LAP
SC pulls away, and gets to pit entry: SC CLEAR - LEADER CONTROLS PACE
Leader can go at any time, no overtaking until s/f line - when the leader has accelerated: GREEN FLAG

This is essentially what happens in real motorsport, obviously in LFS people can't see flashing SC lights etc so need to be told when it's in.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG