#04: DT for avoidable contact
#23: DT for chat
#24: DT for avoidable contact
#28: DT for overtaking by cutting the track

Include the following in your protest
• The correct lap
• The cars (/teams) involved
• The lap/sector/time
• And a short description from your point of view.
• Lap 16
• 28 - Team unified & 04 - Sonicrealms Racing
• After Sector 1

Car 04 spins car 28 after Sector 1
Quote from petric_10 :• Lap 16
• 28 - Team unified & 04 - Sonicrealms Racing
• After Sector 1

Car 04 spins car 28 after Sector 1

#28 had the line coming out of the hairpin but was a bit slower in the next corner however #04 did not have enough overlap to overtake at all yet continued to try the pass.

DT for #04, avoidable contact.
Car #05 against Car # 11

Lap 29 - First Turn

" Coming out of the last turn, Fischer made a mistake which made him lose speed for the straight so Jörn tried to pass him on the outside. After Jörn left him space Fischer hit him until he pushed him on the grass. Jörn spun as a result of that. This is the second incident with us and him and it cost us a position and of course caused major tyre problems "
Lap 1/2 after restarted race.

Cars involved: 05 and a couple of others

05 Krönke waited for the green flag which never appeared and was overtaken by 7 drivers which did not have the permission. From 3rd pos. to 10th.

We think it's not fair to be punished by obeying the rules....
• The correct lap 3 after race restart
• The cars (/teams) involved #24 and #25
• The lap/sector/time just after Split 1
• And a short description from your point of view : #24 forget to brake on time and hit #25 (3rd time) causing us to spin and drop back.
Sorry for posting again :-x

Lap 16 28-P.Mante cut the entry of the corksscrew gaining several positions against 33 and 05 and never returning it. Same incident as with us in Kyoto where we were given a DT
Quote from baSh0r :Car #05 against Car # 11

Lap 29 - First Turn

" Coming out of the last turn, Fischer made a mistake which made him lose speed for the straight so Jörn tried to pass him on the outside. After Jörn left him space Fischer hit him until he pushed him on the grass. Jörn spun as a result of that. This is the second incident with us and him and it cost us a position and of course caused major tyre problems "

While it maybe indirectly caused a problem for your driver i deem it as fair racing. Dombrwoski was quite clearly in the mirrors of Fischer so Fischer took the line, although from onboard Dombrowski it may seem a bit unfair.
Quote from Commander :Lap 1/2 after restarted race.

Cars involved: 05 and a couple of others

05 Krönke waited for the green flag which never appeared and was overtaken by 7 drivers which did not have the permission. From 3rd pos. to 10th.

We think it's not fair to be punished by obeying the rules....

There is nothing i can do other than apologise for this. A similar thing happened at Round 1 where Race Director did not work also.

Quote from MoMo92i :• The correct lap 3 after race restart
• The cars (/teams) involved #24 and #25
• The lap/sector/time just after Split 1
• And a short description from your point of view : #24 forget to brake on time and hit #25 (3rd time) causing us to spin and drop back.

DT for car #24, avoidable contact

Quote from Commander :Sorry for posting again :-x

Lap 16 28-P.Mante cut the entry of the corksscrew gaining several positions against 33 and 05 and never returning it. Same incident as with us in Kyoto where we were given a DT

DT for car #28, overtaking by cutting the track

Dubious one as you went in 3 wide so he went off in avoidance, however he should of given the position back.
Quote from BenjiMC :There is nothing i can do other than apologise for this. A similar thing happened at Round 1 where Race Director did not work also.

Accepted It sort of seems to have regulated itself...^^
We (#28) were in a fight with 3 other cars and got kicked into grass, in that situation it is impossible to estimate which pos was given to who..! we do not accept this..
Quote from phoenixIlooka :We (#28) were in a fight with 3 other cars and got kicked into grass, in that situation it is impossible to estimate which pos was given to who..! we do not accept this..

i understand your point but it's quite clear you were at the back of that pack of 3 cars.
TDRT Lap 40/sector 4 / ca. at 2h
R.Kööts spinned us in last turn.
Quote from TURBO3000 :TDRT Lap 40/sector 4 / ca. at 2h
R.Kööts spinned us in last turn.

This was at 59:25 replay time; although car 02 did hit car 11 in the final turn, this was the result of both cars losing control into each other. Car 02 let off the throttle straight away, while car 11 kept his foot down and could not control the slide. Warning for car 02.
Quote from BenjiMC :i understand your point but it's quite clear you were at the back of that pack of 3 cars.

Watched the replay of Paul's stint now and I see that, after we went through the grass (where we just gained 1 pos.), #05 nearly got the position back till the last turn. Directly in/after the last turn in lap 16, #05 and #33 make a mistake and THROUGH THIS we gain the 2 positions, which is not forbidden.

In our opinion, the DT was not justified, it was a race incident...
Well here it goes. I have spoken to Benji at the time about this, but yeah it sucks and I didn't get anywhere talking to him. About the red flag situation in my point of view.
Timo was finishing his stint and went to make his pitstop when the server/lfs started acting up and he lost connection, for the next 10 minutes approximately nobody could join the server, which resulted in us loosing 6 LAPS! Now I am lucky enough to be heavily involved in real life motorsport in real life. I have traveled throughout Europe at motorsport events from Ireland,England,Scotland,Wales,Italy,Spain,Portugal and beyond, and each and every track rules varied between 2 ways of dealing with red flags. Some of them had, if the race under 50% complete, it is a full race restart, with race length shortened if necessary, and if the race is over 70/75% complete, the last lap positions from the lap previous to the red flag are the official results.
Yesterday, the race wasn't even beyond 25% of the way through and therefore I think the race should have been fully restarted with the race distance shortened as it was. The variant in real life motorsport that I have witnessed was grid positions for the restart, whether you take qualifying positions or else positions from the lap previous to the red flag.
So yesterday upon the restart, we had lost six laps and Benji had carried our 6 laps deficit forward with us on the restart, which is a horrendous decision in my view. Not only that we lost out dramatically, but if anyone else was in this position I would support them to the ground as I'm sure some people who are involved with real life motorsport and understand how it's run will agree with me.
So as much as I would like our six laps back, what is done is done. Championship points are what we wanted from this race and we all feel hard done by through nobody in our teams fault. So I would ask you guys to really review this rule as it is not a good one.

As I'm sure mainly British people here know of the cars "Ginetta". There is a brand new Irish Junior Championship being introduced this summer, and today was the first official test session which I was at. Niall Murray who plays LFS here too, is driving in the championship and his dad is a class co coordinator. Eoin Murray, Nialls brother is a racing driver too, and races in Europe in a support series to the WTCC(Seat Leon Eurocup). When I described the incident to him today, I asked him what he thinks of this decision. He responded saying "That is a f**king stupid way of doing it, and I have never ever ever heard of any track doing it like that. It is a lottery on who wins/looses on the restart, but everyone starts from scratch again with a possible race reduction if needed."
Another difference with real life is that there is no technical problems...so no cars have problems but disconnections work as technical problems. Last race 9 cars were disconnected in the same time (including ours)but it is part of the race. Of course you are not responsible of the failure of server so I think it could have been fair to discount the laps you lose because of that but maybe not the one you lose because of Timo timed out.
The laps were carried over as is done in real life. The only difference is that in real life you can't time out, but an equivalent to real life would be a car suffereing from electronic failures for example. Would a team in that situation get the laps they HAVEN'T completed back? I think not. Did sebastian vettel get his win at melbourne because a part that has nothing to do with him or redbull failed? no.
With all due respect Andy, I don't think you have been involved in endurance racing or actually read the rules of major FIA series. A short BTCC or Ginetta race is not comparable to a 4 hour race, with a suspension of the race in the middle. As in real life, the cars were stopped before the start/finish line. As it was a server problem, it had to be restarted. The resumption was essentially these cars just starting their engines again and going again behind the SC as if the server hadn't been restarted.

That said, it may be fairer to take the results of the first part of the race, back to the lap after the time when Timo could not join. This would also eliminate some of the unfairness of the pitting and people staying out, and also anyone else who planned to make a driver swap and could not through no fault of their own.
Will be the 70% rule lifted for this race or not? Or only tolerated a bit?
it will be lifted.
Quote from boothy :With all due respect Andy, I don't think you have been involved in endurance racing or actually read the rules of major FIA series. A short BTCC or Ginetta race is not comparable to a 4 hour race, with a suspension of the race in the middle. As in real life, the cars were stopped before the start/finish line. As it was a server problem, it had to be restarted. The resumption was essentially these cars just starting their engines again and going again behind the SC as if the server hadn't been restarted.

That said, it may be fairer to take the results of the first part of the race, back to the lap after the time when Timo could not join. This would also eliminate some of the unfairness of the pitting and people staying out, and also anyone else who planned to make a driver swap and could not through no fault of their own.

Okay, I understand where you're coming from.. Sorry if I was over the top or anything, it was just bugging me..
In 2007 the 24h race on the nurburgring was suspended due to heavy fog during the night, the cars just stopped and continued as conditions improved later (It was quite a funny moment though as I woke up lying in a tent 10m away from the track. With all the silence around me I thought my mates had carried me away into the trees while I was drunk/asleep )
I think the same thing happened at the 24 hours of Silverstone where TG took part.

As mentioned earlier it would also be "unfair" to take away the track position every team has reached in the first hour. It's just been unfortunate that Timo had a disco, quite uncommon, he used to have a very stable connection!

@ Boothy, the gains / losses by pitting late where crushed when the green lights failed, I pitted late and gained 3rd from 10th, Martin took over, stuck to the rules and didn't pass / accelerate and fell from 3rd to 10th again
Selffulfilling something I'd call that

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG