The online racing simulator
you bought the product without them spiking. a real technician will see this as a problem and will offer a refund or replacement.
Had the same problem and got on to logitech and they sent me a G27.. Today I was bored, opened it up and cleaned it and works 100%
I had my Momo pedals for about 3 years, during which I never cleaned the pots despite spiking. Instead, I used DXTweak2 to change the pedal response, such that 90% actual throttle input was the equivalent of 100%. Sorted it for me without having to open anything up.
Quote from aobrien :Had the same problem and got on to logitech and they sent me a G27.. Today I was bored, opened it up and cleaned it and works 100%

Obviously different support center there and different approach to customer satisfaction
Quote from Makinen :Obviously different support center there and different approach to customer satisfaction

Approached them directly at their site and they were cool about it.
Update:
I contacted them again directly at their greek office and they were happy to send a G27 as replacement, even covered the postage costs! I am waiting for it either tomorrow or the next day, I'll report what happens. Seems like they are pretty unmatchable in terms of customer service after all
hey guys, my g25 is doing the same...i had my pedals upside down and the clutch started spiking when it wsnt pressed at al...so i burn clutches and cant really go...

it would be my gas pedal like everyone else..i vaccumed all the clumps of dust out, and i just need to know what i can use instead of electrical components cleaner...can i use wd-40? brakleen?

You can see a small rectangular slot under those three prongs, like a letter box slot. This is the hole to spray your cleaner into, you will need a can with a tiny straw nozzle. 1/10th second squirt once or twice. Then move the pedal in and out about 20-40 times to clean the pot.
Then recalibrate in LFS.

I've seen people report that they used CRC/WD-40 without problem, but I have also read that those oil cleaners can melt some plastics. So I used electrical contact cleaner, which is the same price.
i know hat theya re, and look like..and even have a are just like it

but i am unsure if its a bad idea to use wd-40 or brakleen...i have all automotive stuff like that, but no electric component cleaner....

how bad of an idea is it to just replace the pot with my spare?
Quote from Feffe85 :I had the same problem with my pedals a couple of months ago.

Took them apart and removed all dust and cathair, then sprayed them ALOT with 5-56 (same thing as wd40 tbh, but doesnt do anything to plastic). Now they work like new

Changing pot requires reconnecting wires and there's a chance the one you have spare is a different ohms rating to the logitech pedal pot.
Quote from JasonJ :Changing pot requires reconnecting wires and there's a chance the one you have spare is a different ohms rating to the logitech pedal pot.

Yes i know, i meant i took the pedals apart and then sprayed the pots
Tho its easy to check the resistance with a multimeter, but thats nothing i wanna do tbh.

The pedals have worked like new since i sprayed them, so i'm happy with it
You'd answered logitekg25's post so that's why I was quoting you.
I was answering logitekg25's post about changing his pot. Sorry you misunderstood me.
oh, so changing the pots has a risk of not working? so thats out of the question

but whats the safest liquid to use that isnt electrical component cleaner....is it wd-40, brakleen, dry lube, chain lube, vodca (not a joke look it up)
What about rubbing alcohol?
would that be a good idea?
Quote from logitekg25 :hey guys, my g25 is doing the same...i had my pedals upside down and the clutch started spiking when it wsnt pressed at al...so i burn clutches and cant really go...

it would be my gas pedal like everyone else..i vaccumed all the clumps of dust out, and i just need to know what i can use instead of electrical components cleaner...can i use wd-40? brakleen?

Try to clean the pedals as much as possible and then spread WD-40 all over it especially into the potenciometres properly. I always opened only the back part of pedals and did everything from there... then waited like half a hour or a hour and it was working well again. Dunno, maybe dont need to wait at all, but I just wasn't sure. The WD-40 is made for those things as electrical contacts etc. and it cleans plus it's a lubricator.
Quote from Drift King CZ :Try to clean the pedals as much as possible and then spread WD-40 all over it especially into the potenciometres properly. I always opened only the back part of pedals and did everything from there... then waited like half a hour or a hour and it was working well again. Dunno, maybe dont need to wait at all, but I just wasn't sure. The WD-40 is made for those things as electrical contacts etc. and it cleans plus it's a lubricator.

It's neither of those things, to be honest. It's a water displacement agent so it just prevents rust basically
WD-40 selling points:

FIVE PRODUCTS IN ONE - THE 5 FUNCTIONS

CLEANS: WD-40 gets under dirt, marks and grease making it easy to wipe away. It also dissolves adhesives, allowing easy removal of labels, tape, and stickers

PROTECTS: WD-40 protects metal surfaces with corrosion-resistant ingredients to shield against moisture and other corrosive elements

LUBRICATES: WD-40's lubricating ingredients are widely dispersed and hold firmly to all moving parts

PENETRATES: WD-40 loosens rust-to-metal bonds and frees stuck, frozen or rusted metal parts

DISPLACES MOISTURE: Because WD-40 displaces moisture, it quickly dries out electrical systems to eliminate moisture-induced short circuits. Turn the power off before you spray
I thought it was mostly designed to displace though. hence it's name. I'd rather get a contact cleaner to get it done right.

Sure you can tow a car with a Ford Fiesta, but I'd rather get a truck if I had to do that.
Quote from MijnWraak :I thought it was mostly designed to displace though. hence it's name. I'd rather get a contact cleaner to get it done right.

Sure you can tow a car with a Ford Fiesta, but I'd rather get a truck if I had to do that.

but what if you on have a fiesta?
Quote from dadge :but what if you on have a fiesta?

Rent xD

I doubt contact cleaner costs very much
i probably wont be able to go out to get some...so il just say my situation.

i got a deal with logitech because i complained before my g25 was out of warranty and they will give me 50% off my next wheel WHENEVER i want, as long as i return it. i asked if that means i can try to fix my problems myself, and the guy said it is out of warranty so i can do whatever i want to it and still get the 50% off.

so i can take it apart and rub it in their faces. if i use wd-40 and risk the plastic becoming less strong, how long before i notice a problem...i will have my g25 for another year probably before i get the g27/9.

so is it worth the risk of wd-440
Quote from aobrien :Had the same problem and got on to logitech and they sent me a G27.. Today I was bored, opened it up and cleaned it and works 100%

Same here, just reveived my New G27.

G25 was already 5 months out of warrenty! (2 years, 5 months old) If you play it nice they will get you a new one... (though it can be different on where you live)

Anyway, not a big fan of the G27 yet...
There is most definately no risk when using WD40 to clean the pedal pots. Never have I experienced WD40 weakening plastic. I have cleaned my pedal pots 3 times using WD40, takes about 20 minutes..including vacuuming the dust and fluff.
Use the correct tools and be careful with the wires when pulling the case apart and putting it back together are the only major points. The wires fit into little prongs in the upper casing and take care to get them located before pushing the upper and lower parts together.
oops bump...

had this problem for a while now, occurs at full throttle, hasnt really bothered me but i've emailed logitech in hope of a replacement (as i've seen others in this thread receiving g27's)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG