The online racing simulator
Celebrate LOST being over in this thread
(70 posts, started )
#51 - AMB
Good riddance, pile of horsey love juice.
Better ending:

#54 - AMB
not going to lie but i didnt watch lost but its still crap sfrom what people ive heard tells me, so good riddance
Good ending, double end with the real world and the Arc life

Now stick with Flashforward and start to watch Fringe , and of course the big bang theory
A summary of the unanswered questions in Lost! Another classic from Collegehumor

BTW I watched the first 1,5 seasons but then the number of weird random events just seemed to increase exponentially so I quit. Since then I've vowed never to watch another series which hasn't been finished yet.
Quote from AMB :not going to lie but i didnt watch lost but its still crap sfrom what people ive heard tells me, so good riddance

I don't understand how a show that you never watched has inconvenienced you. Do you celebrate the end of every TV show (that you haven't watched) when it goes off the air?
#59 - AMB
Quote from Danke :I don't understand how a show that you never watched has inconvenienced you. Do you celebrate the end of every TV show (that you haven't watched) when it goes off the air?

Ignore that post I was drunk.

Edit: Think I watched one episode ages ago.
Watched the final episode yesterday and spent over an hour to browse the internet tonight, to find everyone's theories.. From this thread I think I'm in the minority here, when I say that I believe there's a lot more to the meaning of the ending of the show.. For me the show has been absolutely brilliant all along and I think 90% of the answers are actually in the show, only to be seen if you think / look well enough. With the intelligence the writers have shown in the past 6 seasons, I can't honestly believe they would make an easy and meaningless ending to their show.
I'm tending towards saying that the comments in this thread are just very short-sighted..

Edit: just read the story from the link fujiwara posted above.. if that doesn't clear things up....?!

Edit2:
Wikipedia on the number 108:
Quote :The number 108 is considered sacred in many Eastern religions and traditions, such as Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism and connected yoga and dharma based practices.

The sum of "The Numbers" in the American TV show Lost (4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42). It is also the number of minutes within which these numbers must be entered into the computer and the button must be pushed. 108 is also the number of days the Oceanic 6 spent on the island. Jacob tells Hurley to rotate the mirror in the lighthouse to heading 108.

That's why I love Lost. (source)

Edit3: LOL, only just noticed the dharma in that description.. :lovies3d:
Amazing, it ended. The most 'ilikedtowatchitinthebeginningbutgotboredafterwards' show.
Quote from traxxion :
Edit2:
Wikipedia on the number 108:
That's why I love Lost. (source)

Edit3: LOL, only just noticed the dharma in that description.. :lovies3d:

The numbers thing in Lost was probably one of the best 'riddles' of the show, but I think it's safe to say that they were only mainly there to add a ton of drama and mystery to the first season, and to connect up disperate elements which had trouble being connected up any other way. A bit like the protagonist of the movie '23' who sees 23 everywhere but by the end of the movie had worked out that it was just a bad case of selective focusing playing havok with his mind. Doesn't Hurley reach the same conclusion at some point in Lost?

PS, 23 is one of the numbers in the Lost sequence! Another connection!!

PSS, I'm not saying that the 'dharma' connection wasn't intentional on the part of the writers. I'm sure it was- that is what helped get people's imaginations racing, looking for all of the metaphors and becoming convinced about the importance of small details. These things were definitely purposely placed. But they were not ultimately important. I think that's what a lot of people missed out on and why the finale was disappointing for some, or atleast from some particular point of view.
-
(traxxion) DELETED by traxxion
Quote from Electrik Kar :PSS, I'm not saying that the 'dharma' connection wasn't intentional on the part of the writers. I'm sure it was- that is what helped get people's imaginations racing, looking for all of the metaphors and becoming convinced about the importance of small details. These things were definitely purposely placed. But they were not ultimately important. I think that's what a lot of people missed out on and why the finale was disappointing for some, or atleast from some particular point of view.

Fair point about that being the reason for people's disappoint, but as for the "not ultimately important" I personally think you're wrong. Imagine you had noticed that the sum of that sequence of numbers was 108 and that you would have known 108 is a sacred number in certain religions, it would have helped you understand all the hints to the principles of those religions (and ultimately to the core question of the series). That is what is what I was trying to say with my post.. I think throughout the whole series there have been so many hints, which with a lack of knowledge seem like totally random bullsh*it events... But I bet my ass that if you find some more background information (eg. of all the references to religions), you could watch the series again from the start and be amazed by the amount of clever details that all actually do make sense..

Quote from Shotglass :totally explains why eg juliette who wouldnt even have had a storyarch if it werent for ben was in the curch
or why desmond and penny are in there

How do you mean no storyarch without Ben? How about her relationship with Sawyer? Anyway; explanation from that link you quoted:
Quote :Sideways world is where it gets really cool in terms of theology and metaphysical discussion (for me at least -- because I love history/religion theories and loved all the talks in the writer's room about it). Basically what the show is proposing is that we're all linked to certain people during our lives. Call them soulmates (though it's not exactly the best word). But these people we're linked to are with us duing "the most important moments of our lives" as Christian said. These are the people we move through the universe with from lifetime to lifetime. It's loosely based in Hinduisim with large doses of western religion thrown into the mix.

This goes for Juliette & Sawyer, and Penny & Desmond and explains why they were in the church?
Quote from traxxion : But I bet my ass that if you find some more background information (eg. of all the references to religions), you could watch the series again from the start and be amazed by the amount of clever details that all actually do make sense..

Like I said, all of these details were intentionally placed. Sometimes they were really obscure, and sometimes they were as blatant as the stained glass windows of the church in the final episode. The thing though is... on how many occasions did any of these clues ever add towards the collective knowledge or insight of the characters in the show? I think this is a really important point. Whenever someone thought they had cracked a code, it usually turned out they were wrong. Sometimes fatally so. Everyone was just blindly stumbling along. All knowing Ben turned out to be know nothing Ben- and it was like that with all of them right up until the very final moments. There weren't very many times in the show's history where the audience was made to feel that they had more information than any of the characters, so these little clues must have been put in not to reveal something to us, but to obscure something from us. Heck, the very title of the show gives the real game away.
I think it was genius. Definitely hugely ambitious, fiendishly clever and amazingly shot.

I still think it would've been stronger if it had only run for the 4 seasons they originally intended though (which I read or watched in an interview somewhere). I know that you're going to say that a couple of those seasons were short, but there were definitely some parts I feel were added in to fill space.
I'd like to watch it again, but only the 96 or so planned episodes, not to see if the end was more obvious, but just to see if the whole thing was more focused. The first season was amazing. The second was great. After that I felt they wandered a little, but that was possibly just because the network asked them to extend the story. I'd like to see it without all that.
Quote from traxxion :How do you mean no storyarch without Ben? How about her relationship with Sawyer? Anyway; explanation from that link you quoted:

maybe you should read the post i quoted
the logic that ben wasnt in the church because he wasnt a character in the original script (at first he was cast for a 3 eposide guest appearance) must be wrong since without ben juliette wouldnt even have been on the island in the first place and without ben to play off of she wouldnt have had any character development worth mentioning in the first few seaons so she would never have become a major character in the series
Quote from Velociround :

Cracks me up every time I see it .

Really enjoyed the show from first series to last.

Doesn't rate up there with "The Wire"( eg now Lost is over I'm not clamouring to find an adequate substitute), but still good TV
Ok I stopped watching @ season 3. I am not saying I hate it since then but I can only watch it straight from HDD, not waiting weeks for next episode. I guess it's really not worth to finish it. bye Lost.

Celebrate LOST being over in this thread
(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG