The online racing simulator
TWENT FOUR PLAYERS!?!?!!

*rifles through wallet for credit card*

Quote :There are already COUNTLESS movies folks have done in S2. They are posted in the movie section here on the OFFICIAL LFS forum and at the Movies Pit, which is stickied in the movie section here on the forum. If you can't get an idea of what S2 is like from the movies listed below, you'll never get it.

As i posted that i had only just discovered the was an LFS movies thread (i actually edited that post because i asked if there was a section for LFS movies lol) and have only watched one of the battle between two cars. Now that i know which ones are the good ones, i'll give em a whirl.

Cheers
Quote from lalathegreat :whats with the sudden need for the demo guys to have to buy the game.

So everyone here can make a profit. Haven't you realised by now.. LFS isn't Scawen, Eric and Vic's game, the rabid fanboys own it! and if people don't by licenses, they can't eat (or something).

Tbh, I don't know why some S2 licensed users constantly try and ram a license down other people's throats.. I've seen it in the renders thread "I'll render a fullsize version of you buy a license".. my simple answer to that would be 2 words, 3 Fs. It's sickening to see the number of people with large brown noses. I'm all for supporting developers, but I don't wanna get into bed with em.. but here, when you buy a license, you don't just buy a license to play the game it seems, oh no... what you _really_ buy (from the impression I get from some) is shares in LFS!

Regards,

Ian
#78 - SamH
There's absolutely NO correlation between LFS "fanboyism" and the people who are determined to condescend to non-licenced players.

An LFS enthusiastic is someone who, loving LFS and being enthusiastic about the product, will present LFS in the best light possible, will encourage other people who are NOT licenced to look at the content, to try it, to feel it, and.. IF they feel the same, buy it.

That's different from what I'm mumbling about, which is an increasing trend in people who have some weird idea that the people who are NOT as enthusiastic about LFS as they believe they should be, and haven't bought a licence, or don't intend to buy a licence, or are happy with the very generous and extremely neat demo for now and perhaps even forever, or simply have different priorities than to invest £24 for something they only get to use on a Friday night, when it's THEIR night for the communal PC.... are in some way inferior or are cheapskates, or lamers or secret offline game hackers.. who knows. Whatever it is they believe has nothing whatsoever to do with being a "fanboy". Whether they are ALSO fanboys is completely irrelevent.

Ian, I've seen quite a few posts from you here and on RSC, and you obviously have a huge issue with "LFS fanboys". I don't know what's happened in the past that's got you to where you are, but it looks disproportionate in your posts. I'm a fanboy by most definitions, but I find it quite an insult to have someone tie my enthusiasm for LFS into ass-kissing, or some strange sexual reference.
Consider me encouraged!
Look SamH, I agree with you, it's of course totally their decision to buy LFS or not, but... they're* still cheapskates

As far as I understood it, the idea of this thread is to attractively present the S2 content, so that the demo users see more of a reason to buy S2 and I do understand that making the demo shitty is not going to do that. I still think the suggestion of S2-content-movies or viewable replays (if it's not a security risk) is the best way to archieve that. The argument that "there are countless S2 movies" doesn't count, because you can't expect someone to actively go looking for such movies and then somewhere hidden in the forum find a link. IMO someone talented should take parts from the best movies and compile it into an awsome promo trailer that is included in the LFS download, or atleast directly linked on the download page.

* they = people who play the demo for ages and still somehow end up at the forums, demanding more things because the demo content is getting boring to them. In my mind it was all directed at those people, sorry that this wasn't clear.
Quote from Shinanigans :Consider me encouraged!

Welcome to S2!
I have a problem with _any_ fanboys.. but does seem to me that LFS has the most rabid ones (granted I don't look at any of the $limebin forums).

I never try to discourage people from trying / liking LFS. I have my gripes with some issues of it, it also has a lot of potential too and I commend 3 people taking on such a task of developing something like this.. but this is just my general impression of many and it only seems to have gotten worse.

There's a thread here somewhere I was involved in recently _discussing_ (for a change) the pros and cons of mainly LFS and rF, but this was a mature and pleasant discussion and comparison of the areas of the games, not just titles and / or developers. A few days later another thread showed up with the usual "rF is crap, LFS iz teh bestest!!111one". Obviously this is an LFS forum so people here are going to be more inclined to like LFS, but so many unfortunately seem to think that LFS is it, there is no other anything and god help you if you criticise it in any way! These are the same people who were telling me back in S1 days that "LFS has perfect physics! STFU!".. but seems funny how they get a little more "perfect" with each patch _Nothing_ is perfect, damn.. even the devs know this, but you can't tell that to some here unless you're wearing teflon undies.

As for anything said on RSC, that must have been some time ago as I've long had my account revoked by the so called "admins" (hah) not that I care.. but it's nothing particularly recent.

I feel the same way about rF fanboys too and how rF is oh so perfect. Sure, it's my sim of choice right now mainly because of the modability and me looking more into 3D work.. but it's far from perfect and I replied to a mail the other day to someone complaining about the state of their releases atm (with the beta patches with some incompatibilites with the current stable release).. while ISI are providing pretty good support IMO in some areas (one of the devs has helped me out via PM / mail with some issues).. LFS still has customer support bagged IMO, as I said in the mail I sent.

Maybe it's my fault again by trying to see things through logical eyes.. I just don't get how people can become so obsessed over a computer game.. whether it's LFS, rF or Joe Schmoe's Smoking Guns.. it's a game, no more, no less. We all joke about about that "outside place".. but damn, sometimes i think some people should seriously consider investigating it.

As always, just my £0.02 worth anyway, take it or leave it

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Spudster :*COUGH*BF1*COUGH*

also, you get to use all the cars, unless you crack the game which is a naughty thing and shouldnt be done!!!!!!

They day it came out i was on the verge on buying it. lol but i remembered my wheel was broken and there no way i could control it with keyboard.

I am personally waiting for the full version before i buy it. I am kinda dissapointed in the past months of developement. Even though the Update to the Tire physics was a god send. It seemed as though that was the only major update, Besides BF1 ofcourse. Am not trying to say the game isnt worth it. But i would of expected more from version P to current.

i would of expected a few new tracks 1-3 maybe.
#84 - joen
There was a big aero update and 2 new aston configs as well
If you're planning to buy it anyway, why wait? The price will be the same, and you'll have more fun before we reach final

disclaimer: not trying to push you into buying it, just trying to be helpfull
Quote from joen :There was a big aero update and 2 new aston configs as well
If you're planning to buy it anyway, why wait? The price will be the same, and you'll have more fun before we reach final

disclaimer: not trying to push you into buying it, just trying to be helpfull

i didn't think the aero update was that big. maybe because of the cars am driving why i havent noticed it.

Aston thats the track everyone always races in the videos.

If it was a new blackwood config only availible in full i prob would of bought it.
Would of love to seen some sort of crazy technical course and i emphisize illepallcrazy illepall
Quote from lalathegreat :i didn't think the aero update was that big. maybe because of the cars am driving why i havent noticed it.

The aero update is very different, even in the demo cars. Again without trying to be repetitive you really should try and buy S2. Good Stuff.
#87 - joen
Quote from lalathegreat :i didn't think the aero update was that big. maybe because of the cars am driving why i havent noticed it.

Aston thats the track everyone always races in the videos.

If it was a new blackwood config only availible in full i prob would of bought it.
Would of love to seen some sort of crazy technical course and i emphisize illepallcrazy illepall

Well, I would say that Aston GP and Aston Grand Touring are definitely more technical than Blackwood.
But like you I would also definitely like to see a new long Blackwood config
Quote from joen :Well, I would say that Aston GP and Aston Grand Touring are definitely more technical than Blackwood.
But like you I would also definitely like to see a new long Blackwood config

would not call those technical but all tracks are in some way

I was thinking of a Tire Eating 10 mille montser
- With slight hills
- Tight corner section
- long Corners
- Long straight away
- Constant right and left turns.

Basically a Track with a high level of contrast between sections from sweeping turns to multiple back to back "S" corners into Chicane or something.
No offense, but how can you say anything about any track besides Blackwood at all? You don't have the slightest idea how driving them feels like. You want a tyre eating track? Try Westhill or KY GP Long. A technical track? SO Long comes to mind. We have already so much variety yet you "would've bought if there was such and such track". How do you know there isn't? From looking at the 2D track overviews??

:doh:
#90 - Jakg
Quote from lalathegreat :would not call those technical but all tracks are in some way

I was thinking of a Tire Eating 10 mille montser
- With slight hills
- Tight corner section
- long Corners
- Long straight away
- Constant right and left turns.

Basically a Track with a high level of contrast between sections from sweeping turns to multiple back to back "S" corners into Chicane or something.

how do you know that there isnt a track like that in S2? KY GP and FE Black fill those criteria
Quote from Jakg :how do you know that there isnt a track like that in S2? KY GP and FE Black fill those criteria

because they are maps of them on the site. Using Blackwood as a sort of guide to give me reference as what the turns and distance look like. Ive also seen count less movies of some of these tracks so i know there nothing like what i described

Black is filled with mini Straightaways.
its also 4.1 miles which is a little off 10 miles and that makes a big difference.

The other one i can't comment on cause i am not sure if ive seen it before.
Am sure it isnt 10 miles though

u must of mis understood what i was trying to convey. i wasnt looking for a track with those specific criteria, just giving those as an examples.
was susjesting a track that was high in contrast for serveral reasons
major one being it would require a little more strategy in all areas to be succesfull on it.
You really have no idea
Quote from AndroidXP :You really have no idea

even if i don't know the track as u two say. whats the point in getting so deffensive when i suggest a track.
Quote from lalathegreat :even if i don't know the track as u two say. whats the point in getting so deffensive when i suggest a track.

lala has a point, i mean its not like they've cracked the game to see the tracks.
Quote from lalathegreat :even if i don't know the track as u two say. whats the point in getting so deffensive when i suggest a track.

Because most of the things, you wanted a track to have, exist already on the current S2 tracks.

Only, they are not 10 miles long (which is IMO too long anyway).
Quote : Only, they are not 10 miles long

which was sorta half the point. the track is supposed to be challenging on every level possible level.

mmm put it this way take all the most complex corners in s2 times it by 2 and stick it in a track thats 10 miles long.
But whats the sense of a 10 mile long track? Already FE Black is almost not used at all. The only times, I see it in the server list, is on a drift server. Nobody would drive this track and the big work in making such a track would be useless.

It would be the same as with the BF1 with such a track: the first weeks, everybody drives it and after that, it only is used for league races once every 3 or 4 months.
#98 - joen
Exactly. There's a topic about how people want Nordschleife (or a track similar to it) so bad, but there is no doubt in my mind a big percentage of the people (not excluding myself) would not be able to be competitive on a track like that. And it certainly wouldn't give good close racing mainly because of it's length. People will drive it a lot first and after getting frustrated they can't really handle it they will abandon it.
Seriously, if the absence of a 10 mile track is making the difference in considering a game not worth it...well . It's not like those tracks are all over the world, and are the standard.
Like i said before black is far from what i had in mind. The point of my original post in regards to The track was add something that would bring people towards buying the full version. was not meant to please people with full version, to be blunt. Even if including such a track only made 50 people buy the game it would still be good. might create a domino effect

In order to get more people to buy the game, it will have to cater to different people IE Drifting,Rallyx,different types of cars,tracks,astestics. just because you don't see the merit in a certain addition, dosent mean 100 people who don't have the game won't.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG