The online racing simulator
The, "Damn, feel like a dick now" moment.
(78 posts, started )
Quote from Syfoon :My own "Damn, what a belm" story is DJ related.
I haven't played any more hardstyle sets since

ROFL

I suffered similar embarrassment not too long ago, while doing a guitar+vocal solo at church. I'm a guitarist for my church band, and although we usually perform as a group, each band member has to take turns to do a solo or duet on a given week. Well, on that week it was my turn, and I did a solo, choosing to play my own music on an acoustic guitar.

The song was a modern country/folk rendition of this oldie. I started off nicely, then after the first line my brain went for a twirly and I forgot the chords. I was like, 'WTF??!', but kept singing a capella for a few moments until our drummer clued in on the problem and started playing the beat, and our incredibly talented pianist chimed in with an improvised backing piece. I managed to recall the chords when I hit the chorus and the rest of the solo was solid, but the my ego had sunk beneath the Earth's crust.

Oh the shame!
#53 - aoun
Talking about being a dickhead, ive got one.. that might shut some people up thinking they are cool to street race.

Im not talking myself up here, but around my area, from experience, im known be the driver. By the age of 13 i used to joyride in my mums car and race Sti's and Gtrs and id still manage to keep up or beat them around turns..i had built up a reputation, and you can think this is all bullshit, but if anyone here is from sydney, come around and ill show you around, simple. I race on the track in karting, and am currently building a 9sec car which will be due very soon, (there will be vids and pics to share with this community)..

Once apon a time, in my first car i was driving along a main road. Road was damp. Speed limit was 70kph. (princess highway, if anyone from sydney is reading).. and i was doing roughly 160-170kph, which is nothing compared to what i would normally go at. So i already know how to control a road car well beyond 200kph no problem one hand bla bla bla..

Lights went yellow at the traffic lights about 200m ahead. at 160kph on a road car, your going to go through yellow, you wont make the lights braking, especially in damp weather. So, i kept going, everything was clear...

..until about 50m a car runs the light in the other direction. There was 1 clear lane for me to travel through by the way.. My estimation was i slowed down to about 120 from my "super duper reflexs" So i guess you can guess what happened.

The love of my life, my best friend who is more than a brother to me and his mate ended up in hospital that night with minor injury... to top it off, a baby was in the other car. Dont ask how, but the baby had no injury, the mother had neck pains and a headache, and the father was in shock.

But because i can handle a car, i was able to prep myself, had no shock, felt like i was never in an accident and was unharmed.

Call me a dick all you want, because even though THEY ran the red light, im a ****ing dickhead and ill never forget that moment. If i was really such a good driver i was made out to be, i wouldnt have been doing that speeds in the first place.

and why was i speeding? my ego grew bigger than my brain and my balls..

What if the situation was different and my passengers and the others were killed? i would have been labled as a killer to 6 people.. Im a great guy nice heart, yet.. look what happened?

What kills me the most, because i still refuse to let go what ive done, people have shown respect to me because of learning my lesson, but at the end of the day, it makes me feel nothing but a dick.

All in all, personally it hasnt effected me, i dont feel that fear or shock from impact, but that doesnt mean others wouldnt feel fear either..

Im only 19 years old, and ive been doing that since the age of 12. Take it from a guy that been there done that.. your one hell of a flop if you speed like that...

..especially if you must record it and put it on youtube.. gtfo!

and i was no better, heck, if i get flammed right now, id deserve it. I just thought there are some guys here who think theres no harm.. well if you read my story.. theres ****ing harm.
Quote from Dajmin :The one thing that jumped out at me about that collection of idiocy is highlighted. Got it back? Did you lose it for driving like a total moron?

And only 150hp from a 3.6L V6 engine? In the name of all that's holy...

nope, i meant that i got it last december... -.-''
Quote from Dajmin :

And only 150hp from a 3.6L V6 engine? In the name of all that's holy...

If you look at most american cars, they manage to get literally no power out of some HUGE, really thirsty engine
Quote from aoun :Talking about being a dickhead, ive got one.. that might shut some people up thinking they are cool to street race.

Im not talking myself up here, but around my area, from experience, im known be the driver. By the age of 13 i used to joyride in my mums car and race Sti's and Gtrs and id still manage to keep up or beat them around turns..i had built up a reputation, and you can think this is all bullshit, but if anyone here is from sydney, come around and ill show you around, simple. I race on the track in karting, and am currently building a 9sec car which will be due very soon, (there will be vids and pics to share with this community)..

Once apon a time, in my first car i was driving along a main road. Road was damp. Speed limit was 70kph. (princess highway, if anyone from sydney is reading).. and i was doing roughly 160-170kph, which is nothing compared to what i would normally go at. So i already know how to control a road car well beyond 200kph no problem one hand bla bla bla..

Lights went yellow at the traffic lights about 200m ahead. at 160kph on a road car, your going to go through yellow, you wont make the lights braking, especially in damp weather. So, i kept going, everything was clear...

..until about 50m a car runs the light in the other direction. There was 1 clear lane for me to travel through by the way.. My estimation was i slowed down to about 120 from my "super duper reflexs" So i guess you can guess what happened.

The love of my life, my best friend who is more than a brother to me and his mate ended up in hospital that night with minor injury... to top it off, a baby was in the other car. Dont ask how, but the baby had no injury, the mother had neck pains and a headache, and the father was in shock.

But because i can handle a car, i was able to prep myself, had no shock, felt like i was never in an accident and was unharmed.

Call me a dick all you want, because even though THEY ran the red light, im a ****ing dickhead and ill never forget that moment. If i was really such a good driver i was made out to be, i wouldnt have been doing that speeds in the first place.

What if the situation was different and my passengers and the others were killed? i would have been labled as a killer to 6 people.. Im a great guy nice heart, yet.. look what happened?

What kills me the most, because i still refuse to let go what ive done, people have shown respect to me because of learning my lesson, but at the end of the day, it makes me feel nothing but a dick.

All in all, personally it hasnt effected me, i dont feel that fear or shock from impact, but that doesnt mean others wouldnt feel fear either..

Im only 19 years old, and ive been doing that since the age of 12. Take it from a guy that been there done that.. your one hell of a flop if you speed like that...

and i was no better, heck, if i get flammed right now, id deserve it. I just thought there are some guys here who think theres no harm.. well if you read my story.. theres ****ing harm.

tldr lol
#57 - aoun
Quote from Klutch :tldr lol

ok, well read if you want.. and if you still want to "lolz", come to sydney and do so... dont "lolz" on here mate, thought the story might make people think twice bout speeding.
Quote from aoun :

been in so many cars riding with guys needing to show off. I guess having only 50hp kept me from doing similar stuff.
A guy from my former school killed a pedestrian showing of his in his 350Z ... never recovered from it, is in a closed ward now ...
#59 - aoun
Quote from ACCAkut : been in so many cars riding with guys needing to show off. I guess having only 50hp kept me from doing similar stuff.
A guy from my former school killed a pedestrian showing of his in his 350Z ... never recovered from it, is in a closed ward now ...

Thats sad to hear mate. These are the kind of things where, you feel its no harm, and sure, its your own life, if you want to risk it, go for it. I love skydiving, i love racing, i love adrenaline. im not going to be sad if i die (if you get what i mean though that makes no sence), but the problem is how will it effect the people around us. How would my mum feel when the police knock on the door saying your son is dead from street racing..How would i explain to some parent, "your son is dead because i did a burnout in my ferrari.."..etc..

I guess thats why theres this thread, sharing stories where you feel "oh shit man, im a dickhead!"
Indeed.

People need to remember that not only do they waste their own lives, in a lot of cases they damage those close tom them. (Parents/Relatives).

Really a selfish thing to do IMO.

#61 - aoun
Quote from DevilDare :Indeed.

People need to remember that not only do they waste their own lives, in a lot of cases they damage those close tom them. (Parents/Relatives).

Really a selfish thing to do IMO.

Spot on there mate, that sums up how i would feel.
thats some deep stuff aoun

isnt there anyone to comment on my story and make me feel better
Quote from aoun :Talking about being a dickhead, ive got one.. that might shut some people up thinking they are cool to street race.

Good post.

"A burnt hand teaches best. After that, the lesson about fire goes to the heart", as a grey-bearded wizard once said.

I witnessed a four-person fatality when I was about 11 years old (red-light runner). It makes an impression.
every time a person from myy family comes to do something for our house, or give us something tht involves carying somethin heavy on the highway (first furnace, then bobcat) something unforgettable happens. the furnace, i really dont remember but something happened

the other day they were lending us a bobcat, a few cars ahead of them, a motorcyclist bounced off a guardrail, and then a car, they both lost control, the bike was in the middle of the highway, the guy crawling away, then them with the trailer. if they went any different direction they would have killed the guy, or T-boned the car, and gotten in a big wreck...instead the trailer ran over the handlebars of the bike and bent the left of the front axle of the 2 axle trailer.

not sure how this adds

not sure if the guy survived

and the next night right at the top of my driveway, at about 2:00 AM a drunk/overtired guy came down our street, fell asleep at the wheel, accelerated down our street. he bounced off one tree, then got wrapped around another in his toyota. nobody in the neighborhood heard the sirens or the crash...weird

now that i think i am not sure how the cops got there...they had to use the jaws of life to get him out, and would have MED flighted him if it wasnt foggy, and filled with trees
Quote from aoun :ok, well read if you want.. and if you still want to "lolz", come to sydney and do so... dont "lolz" on here mate, thought the story might make people think twice bout speeding.

no u lol
Maybe Klutch should get the first spot on my ignore list?

GG to those being around this douche all day.
No i dont feel like an dick right now.

i hardly ever do, but i think its because i dont like being in situations that might make me a dick later on.
Quote from Dennis93 :Maybe Klutch should get the first spot on my ignore list?

I'm sure you're not the first (Or last) person to do that.

Knarly bro! did you do a drift?
clearly the stupid epidemic has reached australia in full force
Quote from R34king :Knarly bro! did you do a drift?

LOL, nicely done.
Quote from Shotglass :clearly the stupid epidemic has reached australia in full force

The only stupid person here is you because you can't tell the difference between an Australian flag and a NZ flag.

The, "Damn, feel like a dick now" moment.
(78 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG