The online racing simulator
Communism!!!
(32 posts, closed, started )
Communism!!!
why is it that any thread related to a new update or s3 is closed down, so are we not aloud to talk about these things is it forbidden like ( voldermort) im not trying to start a discussion about it, im just asking why we are not aloud freedom of speech!!!
It's because until the devs release any new information, there is nothing to discuss...

Every single thread on the subject just fills up with the same arguments, the same moaning, and the same rumours.
Quote from Antman :why is it that any thread related to a new update or s3 is closed down, so are we not aloud to talk about these things is it forbidden

This: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=63604
Feel free to talk about anything related to S3/updates/the German car etc.

Please refrain from talking about he-who-should-not-be-named!
#4 - 5haz
Internet forums cannot be democratic because the internet is full of idiots, but then again so is society in general, so perhaps democracy in real life isn't such a good idea either.

While real life matters, being able to express whatever you feel like coming out with on an internet forum is not vital at all.

Oh and by the way, communism does not necessarily have anything to do with free speech. If LFS was truly communist everyone would be a dev and the amount of content you get would be based on the amount of developing work you put in.
#5 - ZORER
Quote from 5haz :Internet forums cannot be democratic because the internet is full of idiots, but then again so is society in general, so perhaps democracy in real life isn't such a good idea either.

While real life matters, being able to express whatever you feel like coming out with on an internet forum is not vital at all.

Oh and by the way, communism does not necessarily have anything to do with free speech. If LFS was truly communist everyone would be a dev and the amount of content you get would be based on the amount of developing work you put in.

great post.
Democracy isn't a good idea - the public have no idea what they want. But they like the idea, so the pretence of democracy continues.

This forum is a privately owned forum. They can set their rules.

There is no such thing as freedom of speech.

Threads are closed because the threads are worthless, designed to encourage hate, or are just downright stupid. We need less places for the S3 Trolls (who clearly have nothing else to do in their empty, shallow lives than visit a forum for a game they don't like, don't play and have no intention of playing even when the patch is released), not more.
Stalin was a bad bad man......

....but he had a freaking cool moustache that I'm jealous off. That thing must have been fake.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :....but he had a freaking cool moustache that I'm jealous off. That thing must have been fake.

Keep telling yourself that. So maybe when you enter puberty you can grow your own. ;p

[edit: Though as you're a Jock, it won't look right having a ginger moustache. ]
Quote from Antman :im just asking why we are not aloud freedom of speech!!!

No one is stopping you* from setting up your own forum website and starting discussions on any subject you like.

*: Except for possible censorship laws in the country you live in.
Quote from Antman :why is it that any thread related to a new update or s3 is closed down, so are we not aloud to talk about these things is it forbidden like ( voldermort) im not trying to start a discussion about it, im just asking why we are not aloud freedom of speech!!!

You have no idea what freedom of speech actually is do you?

Freedom of speech is nothing to do with going on a privately owned forum and mouthing off about someone's privately owned product.

Go and start your own sim and own forum and mouth off there. Don't come onto someone else's property and expect THEM to be a slave to YOUR wishes!
#11 - aoun
Quote from Intrepid :
You have no idea what freedom of speech actually is do you?

Freedom of speech is nothing to do with going on a privately owned forum and mouthing off about someone's privately owned product.

Go and start your own sim and own forum and mouth off there. Don't come onto someone else's property and expect THEM to be a slave to YOUR wishes!

'nuf said.
FFS, if I hear one more person mention "freedom of speech" on an internet forum, I am going to tear someones head off.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Keep telling yourself that. So maybe when you enter puberty you can grow your own. ;p

[edit: Though as you're a Jock, it won't look right having a ginger moustache. ]

Oi, first of all I'm past puberty and now hit the late 20's spread of excess of Guinness and kebabs.

Secondly up until Tuesday night, I had full facial growth that had been going on since December, it has now been cut back so I no longer resemble the missing Twit.

Thirdly - Of course it was ginger, nothing better than a ginger beard.
Imagine Atnman if some hoodie wrote on your house in graffiti - "Antman is a twat". Would you leave it there because it's protecting 'freedom of speech'? I somehow doubt it.

People coming on this forum moaning is nothing short of graffiti and as the devs want to keep their property clean... AND SALEABLE (aka money for food for the children) they won't put up with nonsense threads. it's their forum, their money, and THEIR right.

mods please close this thread asap
You don't seem to have an issue spraying your graffiti all over the shop!!!!
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Oi, first of all I'm past puberty and now hit the late 20's spread of excess of Guinness and kebabs.

Secondly up until Tuesday night, I had full facial growth that had been going on since December, it has now been cut back so I no longer resemble the missing Twit.

Thirdly - Of course it was ginger, nothing better than a ginger beard.

Can't beat a nice pint of ale. Makes the world go round.

It took you that long to grow a beard? Blimey, that must suck.

There are a lot of things better than a ginger beard, a brown one for starters.
#17 - Juls
Quote from tristancliffe :Democracy isn't a good idea - the public have no idea what they want. But they like the idea, so the pretence of democracy continues.

You say that because you were born in a democracy. You know the sentence...it's ugly, but everything else we have tried before is deadly.

But anyway...closing threads or not on this forum has nothing to do with democracy. It's property right. It's their forum.
#18 - 5haz
Quote from Intrepid :Imagine Atnman if some hoodie wrote on your house in graffiti - "Antman is a twat". Would you leave it there because it's protecting 'freedom of speech'? I somehow doubt it.

T'is true, we are all guests at Scawen, Eric and Victor's party, and you just don't go round a party mouthing off about how bored you are and how shit the food is.

Quote from danowat :You don't seem to have an issue spraying your graffiti all over the shop!!!!

However, this is also true.

Credit where its due remember.

Quote from Juls :You say that because you were born in a democracy. You know the sentence...it's ugly, but everything else we have tried before is deadly.

Autocracy and repression of freedom of speech are not necessarily the same thing, at least theoretically it is possible to have a benevolent dictatorship where leaders are genuinely concerned with serving the people. Although human nature such as greed makes it near impossible.

We have a 'democratic' system here and even despite that the MPs and the cabinet who are supposed to represent us frequently go against our wishes (although it is true that most people don't know what they want anyway, so long as their favourite wins the Xfactor)
-
(5haz) DELETED by 5haz
#19 - Ori
There are no rights, there are just conditioned privileges and those are temporary.

George Carlin
you stand up for the developers like they are your friends, they said they would do something and they havnt, you can argue that its a low price etc but we have still parted with money that we have all earned for a promise that hasnt been fufilled e.g updates i would happily pay for each update but that is not the way they do it and why are you getting into the technicalities of communism it was just an example, i want this sim to do well it just seems we are forbidden to talk about these things and that everyone stands up for the developers like they know what there doing, for all we know they could of given up and moved onto something else!!
Not wanting to fill in another "LFS Forum bingo box", but you were never promised updates when you bought it.
Quote from Antman :you stand up for the developers like they are your friends, they said they would do something and they havnt, you can argue that its a low price etc but we have still parted with money that we have all earned for a promise that hasnt been fufilled e.g updates i would happily pay for each update but that is not the way they do it and why are you getting into the technicalities of communism it was just an example, i want this sim to do well it just seems we are forbidden to talk about these things and that everyone stands up for the developers like they know what there doing, for all we know they could of given up and moved onto something else!!

Quite man.....the KGB are watching you!!!!!!
Quote from Antman :you stand up for the developers like they are your friends, they said they would do something and they havnt, you can argue that its a low price etc but we have still parted with money that we have all earned for a promise that hasnt been fufilled e.g updates i would happily pay for each update but that is not the way they do it and why are you getting into the technicalities of communism it was just an example, i want this sim to do well it just seems we are forbidden to talk about these things and that everyone stands up for the developers like they know what there doing, for all we know they could of given up and moved onto something else!!

What more have you got to add that already hasn't been said? Why will you're question get answered where others haven't?

No one is standing up for anyone, you're just repeating the same ole' questions just like all the others, over and over again...which is why the threads are locked or joined together!

You brought S2, which you have. The devs could stop everything now and there isn't anything you can do about it.
Quote from tristancliffe :Threads are closed because the threads are worthless, designed to encourage hate, or are just downright stupid. We need less places for the S3 Trolls (who clearly have nothing else to do in their empty, shallow lives than visit a forum for a game they don't like, don't play and have no intention of playing even when the patch is released), not more.

my manager once told me "never argue with idiots. they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience".

Quote from Mackie The Staggie : nothing better than a ginger beard.

GINGERS HAVE SOULS!!
but seriously, no ginger beard is way better than a ginger beard. i grow a face warmer all the time. if it were ginger i don't think this would happen.
This thread is closed

Communism!!!
(32 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG