Corvette ad that didn't last long
Apparently only aired during the Olympics:

vtdrm.wmv

A classic here, VW Polos are tough:

vwbmbr.wmv
Hmmm nothing special about the Corvette one

VW one is a classic though

EDIT: This thread didn't last long --- see below
Wow, an American car that is Manual... never thought I'd live to see the day.

The VW one rocked. Wonder why thats never been on TV...
wow, an american car with enough grip to hold itself upside down

note it doesnt feature corners...

lmao that polo one is great!!!!!!!

now we know what to get osama bin laden for his birthday!
Funny how you Brits will be so 'wow'ed' by an "American car", when I was quite amazed that you came up with this stupid contraption

Inventive name too!
at least that car had suspension that wasnt made of treacle nor wood nor non-existent suspension. and at least it could go round a corner at more that 2 mph.

also the only reason that the american cars are so big is so that they can fit the average (fat) american.
Good one archie :rolleyes:
Quote from Spudster :at least that car had suspension that wasnt made of treacle nor wood nor non-existent suspension. and at least it could go round a corner at more that 2 mph.

No they couldn't. They'd roll. The Plastic Pig rocked. Then it rolled onto it's roof.
The cars weren't upto much, but the engines in them are reliable, rarely break down. On a plus side, they was cheap as chips.

But come on Tweaker, an American car with manual. How often does that happen? [/stereotype]
Manual gearbox option is just as common as any other manufacturer??? and same goes for Auto

My point is... how can your cars be any better, or ours any worse? I mean, you could always put a tea kit for the backseat drivers in the Mini also!!! Bout as equal as cloned sheep.
Prehaps. But I know very few Americans who drive manual. That said I only know around 100, which is a very low number in comparason. But even on TV and such, they always use auto.

A guy I talk to a lot who got a car second hand which was manual had to get a new clutch and gearbox because the old owner didn't know how to drive manual. Which just cracked me up. To think someone would buy a manual, and not notice that they couldn't drive it before they left the lot.

I never maid suck claims. Though you guys need to work on getting better MPG. ;p
Not even going to fall for your idiotic baiting....

A president doesn't represent his citizen's beliefs, you'd be surprised how many cannot wait to get a dunce cap on Bush and vote for a new President.
I agree with that so much, as Blair is a douchebag, as is the whole of the labour party. If people started saying all Brits were douchebags because our PM is so far up Bush's ass crack he brushes his teeth in the morning, I'd have to knife them with a fork!
watch the video and you'll see why bush is 100 times worse than blair
Not really, as Blair follows Bush around like his some sort of God, which means his too stupid to notice that Bush is a damn idiot.
#16 - SamH
Quote from Tweaker :Manual gearbox option is just as common as any other manufacturer??? and same goes for Auto

My point is... how can your cars be any better, or ours any worse? I mean, you could always put a tea kit for the backseat drivers in the Mini also!!!

Truth is there aren't any truly British car manufacturers in existence these days that don't depend heavily, if not entirely, on money and technologies from outside Britain.

It's a tradition in the UK to regard US cars as being unfamiliar with corners, which comparitively speaking they are. Horses for courses. After driving for 5 years solidly in the US without driving once in the UK, when I DID return to the UK I found the experience similar to wading through thick mud. It takes so long to get anywhere over here. The traffic is abysmal, the road system is attrocious, the cost of it all is unforgivable and the whole experience sucks.

I went from driving 30K miles/year in the UK mostly for pleasure, to driving 50K miles/year in the US, 40% of it for pleasure, and then back to driving at the most 3K miles/year in the UK, and barely a single mile driven being considered a "pleasure" at all.

The ONLY place I derrive pleasure from driving these days is LFS. I'm afraid, for me, that really is no exaggeration
if i'm not too wrong you had your chance in elections already...

And don't get me wrong, even that the elections were close i didn't expect his contrahent to win (forgot his name, sorry).

Anyway, for how many periods can your president stay until he has to go?
#18 - SamH
Quote from Spudster :watch the video and you'll see why bush is 100 times worse than blair

Give it a rest, if you would be so kind. All this anti-American/anti-Bush nonsense is beyond boring.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Wow, an American car that is Manual... never thought I'd live to see the day.

The VW one rocked. Wonder why thats never been on TV...

It's funny listening to all of the modded cars in the US with tuned exhausts and Auto trans' lol.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Prehaps. But I know very few Americans who drive manual.

i know few people that drive automatics (and.. the people that do drive with auto usually are driving things you cant get in manual like SUV's and trucks [like me..not that i enjoy my jimmy])

and hell.. i live in atlanta.. known for.. well.. traffic, and yet people still have manual cars.. i wish i had one, but my family doesnt even own a 'car' anymore we just have trucks now.. 4 of 'em
Quote from Spudster :at least that car had suspension that wasnt made of treacle nor wood nor non-existent suspension. and at least it could go round a corner at more that 2 mph.

also the only reason that the american cars are so big is so that they can fit the average (fat) american.

you dont watch top gear do ya
#24 - th84
Quote from Gabkicks :you dont watch top gear do ya

His mommy wont allow him too.

Quote from SamH :Give it a rest, if you would be so kind. All this anti-American/anti-Bush nonsense is beyond boring.

He has a big EMPTY forum that he could use for that, he'd rather make a fool of himself here.
I find it quite entertaining but a little scary that he gives out the IP address of anyone that he disagrees with on his forums.

The best part is that not a single other person has made a thread on the forum
This thread is closed

Corvette ad that didn't last long
(33 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG