The online racing simulator
hacking is too easy
(15 posts, started )
hacking is too easy
i have noticed something. hacking is too easy in LFS. not as easy as some games, but still. all you need is the right program, a few commands, and you can get your car up to 300 MPH! i think LFS should be more secure, it shouldn't be able to let other programs get into its guts so easily (yes, i am talking about tweak). still, people will find out, but at least only the best Hex editors will be able to hack LFS, and i don't think there are too much of them on here.

EDIT: example - in about two minutes, using a cheat-o-matic, i can accurately recreate NOSmod and use it online you know, handbraking for speed?
#2 - kaynd
Cheating on line isn't that easy. LFS tweak works mainly off line and sometimes on line if all racers and the host have the same tweakd files.
It isn't possible to use lfstweak just for cheating.

It's not that easy to hack lfs, and usualy as soon as something like speedhack gets out, a quick patch comes to fill the hole.
hack and have "nozz m0d3", to proof you are l33t sk1llz , and win against other that can race Realy good, that is just a proof how idiot you are , trying to win with a hack, when you cant win in a proper way, is just pathetic
Easy to ban this crap.
#5 - herki
Quote from matseracer :EDIT: example - in about two minutes, using a cheat-o-matic, i can accurately recreate NOSmod and use it online you know, handbraking for speed?

When you're caught (and this kind of hack is easily caught), you need to pay another £24 to race online again.
That's a pretty good protection there.
Well, what do you suggest should be done about it? Memory hacking will always be easy as long as you know what to look for. Perhaps some sort of memory encryption will help, but it will definitely have impact on the performance, and you still will be able to hack it. It would be just the matter of creating a proper tool; eventually, someone would figure it out. LFS uses some sort of anticheat feature which triggers out-of-sync error if you try to use it online, so that's not really an issue here.
NAAWZ h4ck could be easily overcome by using a variable disallowing negative values to store the e-brake force, but I guess that Scawen can't be bothered to change every single function which uses e-brake value in such way.

Bottomline: Who wants to hack will do it anyway, and those who don't aren't an issue here
Quote from herki :When you're caught [...], you need to pay another £24 to race online again.

Is this really accurate? If I use a speed hack and get caught (by who?) for the first time, I'll get banned by the server admins. Then someone's going to have to get Scavier to investigate and do a global ban, and we've (I have anyway) seen "i sent this hack info to the devs and they don't reply" threads. How long, convenient and foolproof is this system atm? Legit q, I wouldn't know anything about hacking or getting banned
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Is this really accurate? If I use a speed hack and get caught (by who?) for the first time, I'll get banned by the server admins. Then someone's going to have to get Scavier to investigate and do a global ban, and we've (I have anyway) seen "i sent this hack info to the devs and they don't reply" threads. How long, convenient and foolproof is this system atm? Legit q, I wouldn't know anything about hacking or getting banned

In the past, ppl post replay of the "hacker n0zz l33t" and got baned from all server and his s2 acc in game. and other times got a ban from that server.
#9 - hp999
So tell me,if your fact is true, then why rooofL is still around in LFS, racing online?

If the systems would get enforced, then kiss LFSTweak goodbye. On that side, I'm against it, but still, it should be improved more.
Quote from hp999 :So tell me,if your fact is true, then why rooofL is still around in LFS, racing online?

He's not S2 licensed, is he?
Quote from zeugnimod :He's not S2 licensed, is he?

He's not ever set foot online according to LFS_Desktop....

And I found out there is more than 1 rooofL,well sort of....
Attached images
no online stats NA.png
rooofL.jpg
he's had dozens of demo accounts, if you search the forum, you'll find them.
Quote from hp999 :So tell me,if your fact is true, then why rooofL is still around in LFS, racing online?

If the systems would get enforced, then kiss LFSTweak goodbye. On that side, I'm against it, but still, it should be improved more.

Most servers have an anticheat banlist.
This is a list that goes round to all servers.

Point is, when someone has been seen hacking, they'll be hacked from most servers without ScaViEr having to do anything.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Point is, when someone has been seen hacking, they'll be BANNED from most servers without ScaViEr having to do anything.

Fixed it

hacking is too easy
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG