The online racing simulator
LFS in HD
(65 posts, closed, started )
LFS in HD
hey poeples

i'm just wounding if i could setup lfs in HD i got a window's 7 if you have lfs in HD could any one tell me your setting or would i still have to buy a good grahic card thing
Do you even know what HD means? HD means a resolution of 1080p (the most common HD resolution atm), which is 1920x1080. That's all that HD is. So if you set your resolution to that one, it will be HD.
#3 - dadge
the higher the resolution, the more graphics power you need (imo). i could be wrong though. but it does seem to make sense.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Do you even know what HD means? HD means a resolution of 1080p (the most common HD resolution atm), which is 1920x1080. That's all that HD is. So if you set your resolution to that one, it will be HD.

To be HD all you need is 720p (1280x720), to be Full HD you must be 1080p.

Pretty much all computers these days (within the last 2 years) will run LFS at 720p no problem.
PC gamers have been playing in HD for 10 years or more. Unlike console morons. Get with the times.
Quote from Dygear :To be HD all you need is 720p (1280x720), to be Full HD you must be 1080p.

Pretty much all computers these days (within the last 2 years) will run LFS at 720p no problem.

Isn't there also 360p and 480p?
Quote from Bose321 :Isn't there also 360p and 480p?

There is, but he's talkin' about HD and Full HD.
Quote from matijapkc :There is, but he's talkin' about HD and Full HD.

I meant to say, that 360p/480p also is HD, but really small, or isn't it.
what are all the resolutions for hd?
so theres 1080p (whats 1080i?)
720p (whats 720i?)

but what does the I and P mean? what are the actual resolutions?
Quote from Bose321 :I meant to say, that 360p/480p also is HD, but really small, or isn't it.

Naah, i dont think we are "allowed" to call 360/480p for HD, as the quality is rather low.. i think it is SD in that ress..

Quote from logitekg25 :what are all the resolutions for hd?
so theres 1080p (whats 1080i?)
720p (whats 720i?)

but what does the I and P mean? what are the actual resolutions?

I = Interlaced, half the image at the time is updated..
P = Progressive, whole image at once
Quote from Feffe85 :Naah, i dont think we are "allowed" to call 360/480p for HD, as the quality is rather low.. i think it is SD in that ress..

Yup... You're right there, because HD actually stands for "High Definition" and 360/480 surely isn't that.
before HD became available, the standard resolution on all telivisions was 640x480. but to say it's low quallity is really stupid. after all, we've been watching it for decades without any problems.
Dadge, we live in PAL zones

PAL: 768x576
NTSC: 720x480
i still stand by my point that 640x480 on a television is not "low" quallity. infact it's very good quallity.
Quote from dadge :i still stand by my point that 640x480 on a television is not "low" quallity. infact it's very good quallity.

Yea it was considered very good quality in the 1950s (compared to radio which had a screen resolution of 0x0). However, technology has advanced in the past 60 years giving us much better resolutions, so 640x480 is no longer considered "very good quality" (except by you). It all depends what you compare it to.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Yea it was considered very good quality in the 1950s (compared to radio which had a screen resolution of 0x0). However, technology has advanced in the past 60 years giving us much better resolutions, so 640x480 is no longer considered "very good quality" (except by you). It all depends what you compare it to.

Well... In my house there are 3 TVs... And all are SD, or how you call them, "low quality", but they are still good for us. I think they are all something between 640x480 and 800x600.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Yea it was considered very good quality in the 1950s (compared to radio which had a screen resolution of 0x0). However, technology has advanced in the past 60 years giving us much better resolutions, so 640x480 is no longer considered "very good quality" (except by you). It all depends what you compare it to.

what a pointless comment dude. i made a video of my brothers wedding and rendered it at 640x480. we watched it on a 32" widescreen and the quallity very watchable. i make videos all the time so i think i know what quallity you can get from 640x480.
threads like this remind me of the similar threads about graphics cards. alot of people would think a 8800GT is a low quallity card these days. when infact it's actually still a good card.
i suppose ignorance is bliss.
Nowt wrong with the 8800gt Had mine for 2 years, and it displays my pc on my tv fine at 720p.

I think all you need is a card with a DVI-E > VGA cable and you'll be fine for setting it up to 720p, iirc you need a hdmi cable for 1080p/i... Could be wrong though.
Quote from Xaid0n :Nowt wrong with the 8800gt Had mine for 2 years, and it displays my pc on my tv fine at 720p.

I think all you need is a card with a DVI-E > VGA cable and you'll be fine for setting it up to 720p, iirc you need a hdmi cable for 1080p/i... Could be wrong though.

Nope DVI and VGA should do fine too. I believe DVI and VGA support higher resolutions then HDMI. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Ah well it might just be my tv then (although it can have a 1080p/i output), limits itself to 1366x768.
vga is not meant for high def, and i do not believe is very good for it...i switched to hdmi and i had a better picture, and contrast ratio, and brightness.

hdmi and dvi are the same, but dvi doesnt transmit any sound
i'm running 1680x1050 via VGA (SVGA if we're being precise)quite fine. i'd like to know where you got your info from logitekg25 because you're being advised badly.
Quote from logitekg25 :hdmi and dvi are the same, but dvi doesnt transmit any sound

True, its just that HDMI and DVI are digital signal interfaces. VGA is analog interface.

Edit: Why are analog amplifiers preferred by audiohiles rather than digital ones (specially with snitchy processors & decoders in them)? You decide, but i think that the same thing is with HDMI, DVI and VGA. Im not quite sure tho. There's nothing wrong with VGA signal, except that the lower resolutions are kind of bleeding and blurry while on digital signal u get precise pixel2pixel quality. Ive been on DVI for quite some time and well, i cant say any other difference other than that ...
maybe cause hdmi and dvi is either on or off, while vga is on, faded, off.

and i started a thread a while back, and i managed to get that jumble of false information

actually that was my friend...never trusting him again :banghead:
This thread is closed

LFS in HD
(65 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG