The online racing simulator
Hotmail Account Hacked
(16 posts, started )
Hotmail Account Hacked
So, my hotmail account seems to have been hacked, and the password has changed. Somehow, I'm too stupid to find a Microsoft Support Page that I can send an email to. Also, my alternative Email that I entered doesn't work anymore. What can I do now?
if your fallback account doesn't work, chances are you're boned. but telling them would let them suspend the account. sorry to hear about your luck.
I don't care so much about my hotmail account as much as WoW hangs on this email. And that's what worries me.
#5 - AMB
Hacked or forgotten password?
Are you sure you didn't check the option that makes you having to choose a new password every 72 (IIRC) days?
Login to Battle.net and change your email address?
Quote from Stefani24 :I don't care so much about my hotmail account as much as WoW hangs on this email. And that's what worries me.

You do know you can change your WoW login email, don't you?
Guess what, my WoW Account also has been hacked. I already renewed my antivirus, still it's annoying.
Gold or eBay account?

But basically: if your WoW account has been hacked, and your password reset email account has been hacked, the chances are you won't get your email account back since there's no way to prove you created it. Contact WoW EU by webmail/email/phone, you'll need to be able to provide a copy of a legit ID and proof of purchase to get any help. If you can't do that, it's game over.
The universe is trying to tell you to stop playing WoW.
The bigger problem is: My WoW account has been hacked already and they changed my email addres by requesting it via support already. So chances are, they won't change my email account again. The weird thing was, they didn't take anything from my wow account last time; all the gear, the characters and the gold (which isn't much anyway) was still there.

@above: Probably.
Quote from Stefani24 :The bigger problem is: My WoW account has been hacked already and they changed my email addres by requesting it via support already. So chances are, they won't change my email account again.

that depends on if you can prove that you are the owner of the account, and if you can prove that someone other than you has had access to the account... but chances are, they'll do what hotmail will, disable the account.
I just can't help myself but laugh at the stupidity of some people. Surely you would say that after leaving the keys to your door in the lock from the outside only to find your house empty that your door has been "hacked".

Use a better password next time and keep it somewhere safe, preferably in your head only. Chances are somebody has guessed the password to your hotmail account or to your secondary email account. It's not bad luck...you know what it's called.

Also, having keyloggers, trojans and other similar shit in the computer is only the user's fault. Some people need to learn the ways of the internet.

You have just been taught a hard lesson, but at least you'll be smarter next time.
Of course the real smart thing to do, for password recovery email address purposes at least, is to run a local mailserver that
  • only permits local access and/or
  • is only running when you need it (thereby rendering brute force attacks impossible)
oh lol, suddenly can lock in again, wow Password already changed. Weird things are happening

Hotmail Account Hacked
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG