The online racing simulator
#1 - vane
Unlocking S2 without master server
The network at my college blocks the master server. I have LFS installed on my memory stick but it only shows it is unlocked on the computer i unlocked it on until the memory stick is removed. i was under the impression there was a file with the information in that told lfs i have an S2 account, somewhere in the files.

Also when lan'ing, all the other computers do is time out, we have no access to firewalls or anything like that.
As far as I remember there is an .xyz file somewhere in the LFS directory structure which holds the unlocking info. Unfortunately, LFS generates some sort of hardware key when it's unlocked to make simple copying of the unlocked version impossible. When the hardware changes enough to make LFS think it's running on another computer than it was unlocked on, it reverts itself to the demo mode. Right now it's not possible to legally unlock LFS without Internet access, but one of the possible workarounds would be using a cell phone as a GPRS modem. There are guys around here who did it that way and it works fine.
#3 - vane
How much data is sent? i think there is a 25mb limit on GPRS on virgin before they start charging loadsa money

Edit: Just thinking, i would have to individually unlock all computers on the college network i go on otherwise it would just lock them :s
Never tried that myself, but I guess that there is only some verification of the username/pass taking place. I'm pretty much sure that only few kB/s are transfered. If you're up to do it this way, I suggest you make a copy of the .xyz file for each computer you unlock so they won't get screwed up by some accident.
#5 - vane
Hmm, i think it would be simpler and less unlock greedy to just mess around on demo while there.

Off topic, i got a college mate addicted enough to buy an S2 license + a G25 when he reaches his payday and about 5 of us were doing hotlapping sessions as a group at the back of the class
Dont forget, sharing s2 license is against EULA, so be carefull
So if friends come to visit, i cant let them play (unlocked) LFS?
@ru7 : Of course you can. I don't see any reason why would this be considered "sharing".

@Inuova : But don't forget that you are allowed to unlock LFS with the same account on several PCs to play LAN with friends or family... or even strangers if you like.
Quote from broken :@ru7 : Of course you can. I don't see any reason why would this be considered "sharing".

You may not share the login credentials, but the EULA does not cover letting someone play an already unlocked copy.

Quote from broken :@Inuova : But don't forget that you are allowed to unlock LFS with the same account on several PCs to play LAN with friends or family... or even strangers if you like.

On 2 computers, with a friend or a family member. Singular there.

Quote from morpha :[..]
On 2 computers, with a friend or a family member. Singular there.

Ah, that kinda sucks.

Hmm... Btw, are you spying my account and tracking my replies?
#11 - vane
Psst, I know my brother's racer password

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG