The online racing simulator
#101 - AMB
I wasn't, but 90% of the Spanish spectators (not your country) are, look at the reaction when he went off, just sad because your precious Alonso got beat by a rookie in the same car and equipment.
Do we really need that "discussion" again?

It is NOT racism.

The reason a lot of Spanish fans don't like Hamilton is NOT because he has a dark skin colour. Maybe it is for some idiots but certainly not for the majority.
Quote from JPeace :You think Button was being a puss?

Yes, when he came out of the pits on the inside of shumi & half a car ahead @ the crucial moment which would settle 4th or 5th position he wussed out.

A few laps before two other cars did exactly the same except the pit lane joiner actualy fought for his position & won instead of just giving up. It was funny how neither commentator mentioned it again & no replay.?
Hmm, I think Hamilton made the correct call at t1 lap 1, giving the fact, that if he would have forced his way into t1, they would have been 3 wide and it would most likely result in a collision for Webber, Vettel and himself. He just didnt have the overlap to even try to attempt a move on the inside of Webber.
Quote from JPeace :Yes he was being a puss, but not as much as Hamilton. Hamilton was funny alongside, on the inside. Button just kept trying the outside, which is never going to work on schumacher. You cannot expect someone of schumacher's experience to outbreak themselves. Was stupid, dont know what Button was thinking, should have known better.

How was Hamilton Funny exactly? Were you listening to his radio? Must be a good driver to crack jokes on the first lap of an F1 race.

Anyways he made the right call to stay in 3rd and drove a good race.

Driver with the most balls was imo Alguersuari. He had a manic start and passed a load of cars and then did Hulkenberg round the outside into T1. Just a shame he ruined it with that HRT. He is becoming one of my favourite drivers though this season.
Quote from AMB :I'm not English, nice try, but anyway how's the butthurt?

Why would you sign up to LFS as English if your actually not, that seems clever...

Anyway, I actually thought the race was alright. Having said that, I actually enjoyed Bahrain(I'm biased, I support Alonso ) Was disappointed after the first corner that nothing much had changed and I thought the Red Bull's would drive off into the distance, but Vettel didn't manage it and got jumped at the stops - a good bit of driving from Hamilton imo to react to the Virgin being there and not let it stop him holding the position and he drove a brilliant race to be in 2nd ahead of Vettel when in qualli that looked impossible.

Also Schumacher vs Button was fun to watch. I felt Schumacher was just covering the line perfectly and didn't give Button a chance. However imo as much as the dirty air makes overtaking harder, drivers would still overtake if drivers didn't move to defend their line like they do now and that's why overtaking has got less frequent recently.

I don't think that Spain as a country has a particular problem with Hamilton. Some British people are filled with hate towards him and its only because they're spanish and the same nationality as Alonso that its really given any coverage. All I take from 2007 is that Alonso and Hamilton are very evenly matched, sure Hamilton was in his rookie season but excluding the last 2 races he made hardly any mistakes and no-one in F1 could have dealt with that, and his consistency and lack of mistakes isn't neccisserily something he carried with him in 2008 and 2009.
He is British.
#108 - AMB
Well it depends whether you class me as British if I was born in Britain or lived most my life in Britain, I've never said I was born here.
Oh, my bad. I just assumed this as there is a FB group "I am not English, I'm British". I tried being smart....
Quote from JPeace :Yes he was being a puss, but not as much as Hamilton. Hamilton was fully alongside, on the inside. Button just kept trying the outside, which is never going to work on schumacher. You cannot expect someone of schumacher's experience to outbreak themselves. Was stupid, dont know what Button was thinking, should have known better.

he was too much on the inside and would of got overlapped easily, that and he would pretty much have to hit Webber still.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I was a little taken aback by Hamilton's message to Charlie Whiting on the radio, saying that the Virgin car was dangerous. What more could he have done? It was an impossible situation.

That's what I felt, and Hamilton seems to be abit similar to Maverick when it comes to danger, so why the hell is he complaining?!
Quote from DevilDare :He is British.

...and a card-carrying member of the British National Party.

Now seriously, generalising about the racial prejudices of an entire nation based on the minority actions of one demographic group is absurd.
Quote from JPeace :funny = fully

My bad typo. But yes, he wss alongside and in hindsight it's better to have finished the race (well...?) than go out on 1st corner. Dont think webber saw him anyway.

yeah Lewis should have stick it down the inside, which would hopfully take the two Red Bulls out along with himself...

then Alonso would have an easy cruise to a victory~!!!
that would goes down very well with the Spainnish, and would probably improve Lewis' popularity there too~!
Quote from adamlfs :From crash.net

If anyone was paying attention while watching the crash, you could see the rim explode and metal flew off over Hamilton's head.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/h ... t/formula_one/8671198.stm

If you watch that video 31 seconds in you see the rim blow then the tyre deflates.

so that explains it...

didn't really watch a replay of it cos I pretty much turn my TV off as soon as I saw a McLaren crashed into the wall... lol
Yeah I was gutted to see that happen He drove an amazing race, I was worried after the jump in the pitstop that Vettle would have ended up catching him.
Quote from adamlfs :Yeah I was gutted to see that happen He drove an amazing race, I was worried after the jump in the pitstop that Vettle would have ended up catching him.

I was worrying when Lewis was pulling away from Vettel and catching Webber immediately after his pitstop... (which prob explains my earlier remarks...)

but nah, if they both didn't have their problems, Vettel can't find a way pass a McLaren with the best developed f-duct and the best engine...
Vettel aint the best overtaker in the world any way.
Quote from JCTK :I was worrying when Lewis was pulling away from Vettel and catching Webber immediately after his pitstop... (which prob explains my earlier remarks...)

but nah, if they both didn't have their problems, Vettel can't find a way pass a McLaren with the best developed f-duct and the best engine...

Yeah he pulled a few tenths on him after then webber pulled out another 5 or plus seconds on him.

I thought Redbull had the F-Duct for that race, apprently its coming in Turkey, i feel worried for the competetion.
Lol sorry, I thought that it was only the live shows that you can't watch over sea's.
Quote from adamlfs :Lol sorry, I thought that it was only the live shows that you can't watch over sea's.

It says UK only under the vid :dunce:
Yeah, sure... Blame the mechanic dude.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG