The online racing simulator
My Euro Audi project.
(52 posts, started )
#26 - Jakg
Quote from sinbad :Anyway, why on earth you'd want to remove the Audi emblem on the grill I have no idea. It just shouts "I ran out of ideas and money but modifying=improving right?", nothing much cheaper than ripping a badge off. Whilst you're at it, put "Lexus" rear lights on, that will look reet-classy.

Because the car is covered in sleek, smooth lines and the badges ruin that. Its not to everyones taste, but I *hate* badges. The ones that suit the car, and fit in with the lines are fine, but the ones that are just slapped on anywhere look awful.

Example - before and after pic. Ignoring "after" is covered in dust, are you honestly saying it looked better before?
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :I'm using 8000k hid's

In which case you'll probably need almost-purple lights to make it look right.

6000k versus halogens - they look stupid by comparison:

Quote from e2mustang :sell it and buy an rs4,done.

Not that easy mate, recession still hitting Ireland hard.
Quote from Jakg :
Example - before and after pic. Ignoring "after" is covered in dust, are you honestly saying it looked better before?

It's only better now because nobody knows it's a diesel :rolleyes:

Although the exhaust pipes are still a bit of a giveaway :P
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :Not that easy mate, recession still hitting Ireland hard.

well than stop spending money. instead of wasting money,collect it,put it away and when the day comes,do it.
#30 - Jakg
Quote from JO53PHS :It's only better now because nobody knows it's a diesel :rolleyes:

LOL. Trust me, if you get near you can hear it's a tracto- I mean, err, diesel.
Lads yer all coming too a conclusion that I'm changing the car too a space shuttle off some sort im only doing a few small mods nothing spectacular, suggestions like no tints or tints I know it's a diesel I'm not trying too hide it why would I if i wanted a performance car i would off got one, I do lots and lots off mileage so a diesel is most sufficient...

also the car has a factory fitted Quattro kit not some sh*t plastic aftermarket bumpers it's pretty much a standard car besides wheels,suspension,HID conversion and lowering springs

I'm not trying too make it look like a RS4 either why would I ? the RS4 badge is gone ! still has front and back audi emblems and I don't plan on taking them off the wheels are not some cheap Halfords sh*te there original BBS split rims. Another thing I'm not putting neons, lexus lights or any off that on the car so stop with the stupid suggestions if you do not like the car thats your opinion so dont try and be funny with the stupid suggestions,as I said the car is staying pretty much the way it is now but I'm just asking for a few small affective mods no stupid cheap stuff just genuine stuff.

@Sinbad you don't seem too be familar with "euro style" and no I'm not a drug dealer, If I was I wouldnt be driving a 1.9 tdi Audi A4 worth about 4 or 5 pounds would I so less off the smart crap talk.. not very funny.

@Jakg you seem too know what I'm talking about, the rs4 badge was actually on the car when I bought it and pretty much took the pics straight away and wanted too get the badges removed properly without damaging the paint work, my 8000k bulbs seem too be a bit bright how do you find the 6000k ?
Attached images
020.JPG
Quote from Jakg :Because the car is covered in sleek, smooth lines and the badges ruin that. Its not to everyones taste, but I *hate* badges. The ones that suit the car, and fit in with the lines are fine, but the ones that are just slapped on anywhere look awful.

In that case it has made little difference imo, the badges are not particularly fussy or ruining any lines, but then removal of them has not left too large a space glaringly obviously devoid of any accent or punctuation (as would be the case with removal of Audi grill badges.

Hasn't that car got a tow-bar on it anyway? I think "debadging" for sleek, smooth lines is a bit like pi$$ing in the wind

Only kidding, if it's yours you have a nice looking car, I like that colour. My brother used to have one in that blue, and it looked pretty mean at night
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :
@Sinbad you don't seem too be familar with "euro style" and no I'm not a drug dealer, If I was I wouldnt be driving a 1.9 tdi Audi A4 worth about 4 or 5 pounds would I so less off the smart crap talk.. not very funny.

Maybe then you could afford a sense of humour and realise I was not actually suggesting that you're a drug dealer. Still, German saloon, phat wheels, blacked out windows, riding really low, over defensive attitude. If the boot fits.
#34 - Jakg
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :
@Jakg you seem too know what I'm talking about

LOL

6000k's are ok but still a little too blue (looks cool but reduces overall light output). OEM Xenons are 4300k for a reason.

The higher you go, the more purple it gets - the most usable light is around 5000k, higher and you can see less.
Quote from sinbad :In that case it has made little difference imo, the badges are not particularly fussy or ruining any lines, but then removal of them has not left too large a space glaringly obviously devoid of any accent or punctuation (as would be the case with removal of Audi grill badges.

Hasn't that car got a tow-bar on it anyway? I think "debadging" for sleek, smooth lines is a bit like pi$$ing in the wind

Only kidding, if it's yours you have a nice looking car, I like that colour. My brother used to have one in that blue, and it looked pretty mean at night

No towbar only badge that I took off is the RS4 badge thats what i plan too stay at. colour does look really well when clean but hard too I'll have too get a few more recent pics up. everything inside the car is standard seats,radio everything the only thing thats not is my "TOM TOM" lol

And yes we finally did get snow in Ireland . @ jakg ya I get alot off people flashing at me thinking it's my full beams, I would like too get the white light rather than blue/purple that I have, you know off any good kits ?
Attached images
022.JPG
021.JPG
019.JPG
002.JPG
Car looks well as it is Sully.. You coming back into lfs?
Quote from sinbad :Maybe then you could afford a sense of humour and realise I was not actually suggesting that you're a drug dealer. Still, German saloon, phat wheels, blacked out windows, riding really low, over defensive attitude. If the boot fits.

he's probs got the typical stereo too..see what i did there?
Quote from aobrien :Car looks well as it is Sully.. You coming back into lfs?

Cheers mate, ya doing a small bit at the weekends haven't been on in a week or two again with racing and just started new job. Lads this thread isn't about rants or raves just about suggestions my apologies sinbad for going a bit over the top. It's not all about the " euro style" either lads just trying too make my car a bit different from all the others there's alot worst out there.
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :Cheers mate, ya doing a small bit at the weekends haven't been on in a week or two again with racing and just started new job. Lads this thread isn't about rants or raves just about suggestions my apologies sinbad for going a bit over the top. It's not all about the " euro style" either lads just trying too make my car a bit different from all the others there's alot worst out there.

We have(had) ish irish championship up and running with me keith eoin niki richie niall and a few other lads!
Quote from aobrien :We have(had) ish irish championship up and running with me keith eoin niki richie niall and a few other lads!

Ah I missed out, niki is pretty much a IRacing
man now lol you haven't been at a kart race in awhile ?
Oh no! Another perfectly usable car made worse and less usable!
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :Oh no! Another perfectly usable car made worse and less usable!

Yes! That audi would be much better with some higher-than-stock springs and 15'' rims with baloon tyres!

sarcasm=on
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :Ah I missed out, niki is pretty much a IRacing
man now lol you haven't been at a kart race in awhile ?

Was in athboy with Eoin testing there and was in cork before that.. Since then I havnt been anywere cause Niall isnt karting anymore
Quote from aobrien :Was in athboy with Eoin testing there and was in cork before that.. Since then I havnt been anywere cause Niall isnt karting anymore

Were you out testing ? Whats niall doing now ?
BMW is the way to go.
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :Were you out testing ? Whats niall doing now ?

Nope .. Niall just finished the junior rallycross season.. Won his class and 2nd overall and this summer he is doing the Ginetta's
Quote from aobrien :Nope .. Niall just finished the junior rallycross season.. Won his class and 2nd overall and this summer he is doing the Ginetta's

Fair play too him ! you on lfs much ?
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :Fair play too him ! you on lfs much ?

Yeah .. though i have exams this week :@

My Euro Audi project.
(52 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG