The online racing simulator
GVRteam UMC S2 2010
(4 posts, started )
#1 - migf1
GVRteam UMC S2 2010
Hello guys, hoping that this section is not restricted to international leagues only, I would like to announce the start of the GVRteam Unofficial Mini Championship S2 2010.

Since 2006, UMCs are traditionally organized by GVRteam twice a year, once with the demo version (autumn) and once with the licensed version of LFS (spring). It's our local, internal "mechanism" of both spreading LFS to Greece and attracting new racing members for our team. UMC Demo spreads the word about LFS, while UMC S2 focus on familiarzing the participants mostly with the international racing ethics and standards.

In its 3rd iteration, UMC S2 2010 consists of 8 races, in 4 tracks, with 2 cars: FXR and FOX. The league starts on Wed, April 7th. Races will take place every Wednesday night (22:30 GMT+2) and will be broadcasted live on GVRteam webTV. For each race, quals last from Thu to Tue on our quals server, where you can do as many laps as you wish, with your most recent best lap recorded automatically. The best 32 laptimes qualify for the race, with the next 10 getting in a waiting list. Skins and setups are provided by GVRteam via our custom-made tool, for anyone wishing to use them (optionally). Tonight the qual server will be opened for the first race (FXR@AS3). Here's the promo video we've prepared for the UMC S2 2010.
The league is of course open, with per-race participation and will be fully covered in the Greek language, on both our portal and the forum.

Live the Thrill & Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I may, I'm repeating the above in Greek (if its against the forum rules, please remove it).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Θέμα: UMC S2 2010 από την GVRteam

Υλικό προώθησης:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb9BZZ3bdfI (βίντεο)
http://i612.photobucket.com/al ... eonidas360/UMCafisa-1.jpg (αφίσα)

Η Greek Virtual Racing Team πιστή στο ραντεβού της κάθε άνοιξη από το 2008, διοργανώνει για 3η συνεχόμενη χρονιά το Unofficial Mini Championship S2 για το Live For Speed.

Στους αγώνες μπορούν να συμμετάσχουν όλοι οι Έλληνες που διαθέτουν την πλήρη έκδοση του παιχνιδιού (S2). Tα UMC αποτελούν τους θεσμούς που έχει καθιερώσει η GVRteam με στόχο την διασκέδαση αλλά και την εκπαίδευση των νέων οδηγών, με κυριότερο την τήρηση της αγωνιστικής δεοντολογίας, χωρίς καμία περαιτέρω υποχρέωση (δεν είστε υποχρεωμένοι να συνεχίσετε στη GVRteam, ούτε καν να τρέξετε σε όλους τους αγώνες).

Όσοι συμμετάσχουν θα έχουν την δυνατότητα να συνυπάρξουν στην πίστα κι έξω από αυτήν με πολλούς από τους καλύτερους Έλληνες οδηγούς, να μάθουν και να ζήσουν την ένταση!

Οι αγώνες θα γίνονται κάθε Τετάρτη στις 10.30μμ ξεκινώντας στις 7 Απριλίου. Θα είναι οκτώ στο σύνολο και θα γίνουν στις πίστες της Aston, Fern Bay, Westhill και Kyoto. Τα αυτοκίνητα που θα χρησιμοποιηθούν είναι, το FXR (GTR) και η FOX (Formula XR). Setups και Skins θα παρέχονται μέσω του File Manager Tool (η χρήση τους είναι προαιρετική).

Περισσότερες πληροφορίες, κανονισμούς, τρόπο βαθμολογησης, προκριματικά, κλπ θα βρείτε στην σελίδα του αγώνα.

Τέλος θα υπάρχει ζωντανή κάλυψη όλων των αγώνων από την Web TV της GVRteam με σχολιασμό, συνεντεύξεις και νέα από τον κόσμο του sim racing. Έτσι, όσοι δεν έχουν την δυνατότητα να τρέξουν, θα μπορέσουν να ζήσουν από κοντά την μαγεία των εξομοιωτών οδήγησης (δυστυχώς υπάρχει ανώτατο όριο 50 ταυτόχρονων θεατών).

Ζήστε την ένταση και καλή σας διασκέδαση!

GVRteam Portal
GVRteam Forum
So, it´s a league for Greek LFS drivers only, right ?
#3 - migf1
Quote from R.Kolz :So, it´s a league for Greek LFS drivers only, right ?

Mostly yes, I'm afraid. That's why I asked initially if it was OK for me to post about a domestic league here.

It's not that we are chauvinists or anything, on the contrary. It's just that UMCs have always been targeting to the local potential sim-racers, with a dual target: spreading the word about LFS in Greece and hopefully motivate some to stay with us afterwards, in a more "formal" way, willing to follow some more procedures in order to eventually represent us internationally, being regular GVRteam racing-members.

Personally, I'd welcome non-Greek simracers in any of the UMC races, as long as there's room left to be filled up to the 32 available racing slots of the server (which is highly probable, btw). But in the way UMCs are planned & organized, we cannot cover the league in Engish. Everything is set up in the Greek language (sites, forum, broadcast, news, etc).

Another thing I should point out is that UMC's nature is educational. So chances are that most of the participants are inexperienced sim-racers (unless our regular racing-memebrs do not have international races and they also join UMC) and that after every race there will be extended talks in the forums, analyzing incidents, answering questions, pointing new guys to the right direction according to the racing ethics, etc... and all this talk will be in Greek.

Nevertheless, providing there's room in any of the races, I'd be more than happy to see non-Greek people joining... even just for the fun it.
#4 - migf1
A little update...

5 races have been taken place already, with 3 more left until the end of the league. All races have been broadcasted live with commentary in the Greek language. For most of them we saved the broadcasts and we have prepared short videos with highlights.

Enjoy

1st Race (FXR@AS3)
Recorded Broadcast: Livestream.com (select ON DEMAND->Recorded Broadcasts->UMC 2010 S1, 1st Race)

2nd Race (FXR@FE3)
Recorded Broadcast: Livestream.com (select ON DEMAND->Recorded Broadcasts->UMC 2010 S1, 2nd Race)
Highlights: Vimeo or Youtube

3rd Race (FXR@WE1)

Recorded Broadcast: Vimeo (commentary in Greek)
Highlights: Vimeo (improved version) - Youtube

4th Race (FXR@KY3)
Recorded Broadcast: Vimeo (commentary in Greek)
Highlights: Youtube

5th Race (FOX@AS3)
Recorded Broadcast: JustinTV (commentary in Greek, next week will be moved to Vimeo)
Highlights: Vimeo

-------------------------------------------
Next race (FOX@FE3) is on Wed, 12th of May

GVRteam UMC S2 2010
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG