The online racing simulator
Extremely Long GP
(98 posts, started )
Quote from tristancliffe :I only used the Umlaut because I did a Google search of Nurburgring to double check my spelling. This means that google is in fact at fault (slightly), and therefore I remain undefeated.

Hurrah!

It feels great to have right all the time, dosen't it? But it gets kinda lonely after a while though
I had this same idea last night. We need a huge track in a forest or something with many many undulations and no big run offs.
No, not always. I just like the game :P
When I'm bored in my class I try to draw this huge racing circuit.

I am planing to make it in three variations. Two of them is going to go in the stadium area, and the last track version will go in a wood behind the stadium area. Half of the long version will be in the woods, and the rest in the " stadium area", maybe more than half in the woods to.

the stadium section will look very new compared to the woods section, because the stadium have been renewed the last years (my imagination), while the old part is from the 60s. The stadium area will have some hard and interesting turns, while the woods section will be dominated by fast straights.

I have put in three very tight and slow turns before the finishing straight so that if you are racing faster cars (with downforce) it is easy to get the hang of the guy infront of you.

When I'm imaginating this track in my head it looks absolutely stunning. The longest version of the track will take anything between 4 and 5 mins to finish in the big GTR class cars (in my head). And did I mention that the track will have big altitude differences?

Aaaah, if I only had been a millionaire, then I would have paid to get this track in the game.
maybe S3 will only be a track update only for nuerburgring an other configs.. and...i would pay another 18€ only for the nuerburgring
or just let them build S3 and the we maybe can hope of a S4
Quote from bLaCk VaMpIrE :.i would pay another 18€ only for the nuerburgring

Me too..!
Quote from tristancliffe :Even more sadly, it's called the Nürburgring

Actually, one can score extra points by just refering to it as the Nordschleife. Most ring-heads do, in order to avoid confusing it with the modern Nürburgring F1-track.

Seriously, it would be great with a pseudo-nordschleife track. But I don't think it can be done by just adding together racetracks. It's not just about the distance, I believe the surrounding terrain is part of the magic as well. But I've never driven on in in real life so I'm just guessing.
Our heroes (the LFS Devs) have said in interviews that they would be interested in securing licenses if it is worthwhile.

As the Nordschleife currently only appears on PS2 games Gran Turismo 4 and Project Gotham Racing 2, there is no holder of a PC license for it.

Wouldn't it be a dream come true if LFS could secure a license for the whole Nurburgring complex? In keeping with the tradition of having major venues divided up into sub layouts, the Nurburgring could easily be divided into the following layouts:

Grand Prix (the present F1 track)
Sprint (using the hairpin that bypasses the Dunlop curve section)
Public (Nordschleife in public day configuration)
24H (Nordschleife + Grand Prix)

That would be worth its weight in gold!!!
As i said, i would pay the price as much ad needed, to LFS obtain that licence.. but i have no idea how much money is that..
#35 - Gunn
Would be fun for sure. In reality the Nordschleife was deemed too dangerous for racing and ambulance help was too long in arriving due to the topography and distances involved. So maybe if we could stick a few extra 3D ambulances around such a large track it would be best
Quote from reidry :This is my first post on the LFSforum. I love the game, bought S2 after the demo got me hooked, purchased a NIB Momo (red) and loving it!

I just finished watching "Top Gear" on Speedvision and they had a segment on the Nuremburgring. They mentioned the fact that the track is over 13 miles in length and has over 140 turns. I know the nature of LFS doesn't allow the purchase of rights to use the ring track configuration, but I thought a really long complicated track could add an interesting venue to S2. The statement that really got me to thinking was when they mentioned people that had raced the track for 5, 10, etc. years kept coming back because of it's unique challenge with hidden corners, very neutral non-descript marking in the various segments.

Don't be too hard on me.

VR

Ryan

hey thanks...now I know what I missed yestarday from top gear.. :irked: :Kick_Can_
lfs could also get very well-know due the nordschleife.
lol.. maybe the presenter of "top gear" can get a little more practise then

Edit: but i think nordschleife first makes sence after S3 because of the weather and hopefully night race
Theres another FE combo, you could add that hairpin thats at the chicaneish section (T2 at FE green
Quote from RacingSimFan :Our heroes (the LFS Devs) have said in interviews that they would be interested in securing licenses if it is worthwhile.

As the Nordschleife currently only appears on PS2 games Gran Turismo 4 and Project Gotham Racing 2, there is no holder of a PC license for it.

Wouldn't it be a dream come true if LFS could secure a license for the whole Nurburgring complex? In keeping with the tradition of having major venues divided up into sub layouts, the Nurburgring could easily be divided into the following layouts:

Grand Prix (the present F1 track)
Sprint (using the hairpin that bypasses the Dunlop curve section)
Public (Nordschleife in public day configuration)
24H (Nordschleife + Grand Prix)

That would be worth its weight in gold!!!

Thats a great idea. Would give some attention to LFS to just because of teh track.
This would be cool, I agree. Just rememeber that it's not just a case of obtaining a license and bang! it's in the game. A track like the nurburgring will cost Eric many hours to model...
but they would be worth it.
Just try to imagine going through the Karussel with the GTi
+200km/u through Schwedenkreuz with the FZR
Airborne @ Pflanzgarten with almost every car

hmmm pure sex
burning over the Doettinger Hoehe with the gtr`s @ 290 km/h ...

wah.. im spamming too much in this thread^^
No. really... we should suggest this to the devs.. i was SOO serious about paying for Nordschleife... i am sure that others would to.. So much better to have an official Nordschleife, then 3d party..
#45 - Vain
I will propably give any amount of money that is required. In fact the only reason not to license LFS is that it doesn't have the Nordschleife.

Vain
#46 - avih
Quote from Vain :I will propably give any amount of money that is required. In fact the only reason not to license LFS is that it doesn't have the Nordschleife.

Vain

sorry mate, not good enough reason
Quote from Boris Lozac :No. really... we should suggest this to the devs.. i was SOO serious about paying for Nordschleife... i am sure that others would to.. So much better to have an official Nordschleife, then 3d party..

How about a guy the community trists set up a donation tingy. Where we all can donate, and when we reach a given amount of money we donate it all to the devs. So they can buy the ring.

Of course we need to talk to the devs first.
Quote from Huru-aito :I'd like a long, challenging track as well. With huge elevations, off camber corners etc.

I could care less about the Nurburgring specifically. It would be fun, but it doesn't bother me to not have it. I would definitely love to see a track or two with very large elevation changes. Something like Laguna or Bathurst would be great. However; I think a few of the tracks are pretty damn long as they are, so I'm pretty content with the current LFS tracks just the way they are.
Quote from Vain :I will propably give any amount of money that is required. In fact the only reason not to license LFS is that it doesn't have the Nordschleife.

Vain

Are you kidding me? The best racing game on the planet and you won't shell out a few bucks for it because of ONE TRACK? If there's not enough content in the game already for you to pay for it, there will never be enough.
Quote from MyBoss :How about a guy the community trists set up a donation tingy. Where we all can donate, and when we reach a given amount of money we donate it all to the devs. So they can buy the ring.

Of course we need to talk to the devs first.

Wasn't it determined that licensing this track would cost upwards of $100,000? Given that there are only about 900 racers online it would take everyone donating over $100 just for this one track. I don't think there are enough donations in the world to get this track into LFS.

Extremely Long GP
(98 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG