The online racing simulator
West Hill - Turn 2
(39 posts, started )
#1 - 65D
West Hill - Turn 2
Just simple suggestion. The second turn of West Hill International is very tricky: you can't stay behind others bumper through the turn, because you will get bad air and causes against understeering and then you will cut the grass. And otherwise, you can't be with 2-wide because it's quite tough turn though.

So, I just got the idea, this change to turn would be awesome, I'm sure it will be awesome overtaking spot, because before turn you have driven long time with full throttle and under draft. So maybe that would create better overtaking spot than current. Of course the walls should be pushed farther.

Discussion, ratings, what ever.

Sorry the quality, accidentally I saved it in .jpg

If you find a turn hard, don't push that hard and learn

Also, Westhill is being updated, according to one future progress report.
It should stay like it is. The whole track has flowing wide corners and thats the character of the track. No need to change that.
#4 - 65D

I was just thinking. Actually I really hate the WE1.

But can you agree that my suggestion would give one good overtake spot more?
You want a corner changed because you find it too hard to drive?
#6 - 65D
Quote from zeugnimod :You want a corner changed because you find it too hard to drive?

Partly yes. I can drive it properly alone, but when I find myself with someone approaching the T2, I dont know what is the best way to drive it without loosing too much time. I can say, I think it's not proper overtaking spot but the change would give it doesn't it?
Quote from ATHome :It should stay like it is. The whole track has flowing wide corners and thats the character of the track. No need to change that.

+1

As for overtaking.. what car are you talking about? SS cars (winged) will always be tricky in high-speed-corners. And in tbo cars for example, you can definitely overtake there. Reverse, that corner is quite fun and challenging.

And a big -1 to wall pushed further away, because modern track safety areas are already enough in LFS. As long as the tracks are fantasy they could be "dangerous", IMHO. The feel of speed is hard to transport in a sim, obviously, so close objects are in the end more fun.
#8 - 65D
This is definately first and extremely sure last time when I suggest anything.

:doh:
Quote from 65D :This is definately first and extremely sure last time when I suggest anything.

:doh:

Just because you can't drive some corner doesnt mean it should be changed.. I find it as a perfect corner and it should not be changed.
#10 - 5tag
There are only two relatively tight corners there on Westhill that make a contrast to the general high speed driving providing good chances to overtake. If Westhill is slowed down any more it will eventually become a second Aston.
I agree Weshill needs changes; but not to the track itself. I think some of the walls should be moved in (this is a simulator, to hell with FIA safety regs!) and there needs to be a lot of atmosphere added. Wide open flowing tracks like Westhill are only interesting to drive when you can feel the sense of speed. We need closer visual reference for that sense of speed to carry through (being in the middle of a forest, etc). Hopefully that is something that will come with the update.
Quote from 65D :Partly yes. I can drive it properly alone, but when I find myself with someone approaching the T2, I dont know what is the best way to drive it without loosing too much time. I can say, I think it's not proper overtaking spot but the change would give it doesn't it?

Well, then you should learn how to take that corner, i`be racing several times this week in Westhill with a XFR ( YEs a low Downforce car ) and never have problem taking in 5ft gear the turn or be draffting with other car and taking that corer.

Maybe is you ( To noob to take that corner ) or your setup.
I've seen single-seaters battling it out side by side on that corner, yes you have to pay attention to the dirty air, but I think some improvements in the aerodynamics model of LFS could help a lot in that regard. I like the corner as is, especially in reverse with the LX6... <3

But really, challenging corners is what makes racing fun, least for me. There are other elements of fun as well, but well thought out tactics sometimes need to come into play with corners like that one.
All your suggestion would do is create another situation on various other tracks where people go piling into the back of others rather than braking safely. You would then come on suggesting some other change because you keep getting smacked.

Nobody can drive side-by-side through a corner if both drivers attempt to take it as if they were hotlapping, you have to adapt to the conditions/situation you find yourself in.
#15 - 65D
It was just totally mistake to suggest. I'm dickhead - I can't drive that corner and I can't suggest anything properly.

:grumpy:
#16 - 5tag
Quote from 65D :It was just totally mistake to suggest. I'm dickhead - I can't drive that corner and I can't suggest anything properly.

:grumpy:

Oh you poor little thing.
do you want us to remove the other cars on the track do they get in your way
Once again, the community spirit here is strong.

It's fine, don't worry. Most of the guys in this thread have posted far more useless suggestions in the past (I have no evidence of this but I am pretty certain).
I agree westhill needs some changes, and i know its in development, but still i would like to share my vision of how i would see westhill like. There would be 3 track combos, 1 short for fun TBO and STD racing, 2 mid for TBO, LRF, NGT and 3rd combo is a long track for SS or GTRs, perhaps endurance racing.
Attached images
zongtehhidaeawd.png
#21 - 65D
Or if slow corners are not allowed what most of guys here is saying when I suggested just one more little corner ...

... then this would be great new West Hill for those guys! I can play this game if you want !
Attached images
we1.png
Don't mind the haters, it's not their word that the devs are going to listen to when it comes to suggestions. All suggestions are welcome.

Anyway, the current WE is a very peculiar track, and it's very different from the rest of the tracks. It was meant to be like this, a fast track with a lot of fast corners.

Your idea is not bad at all, but the thing is not changing the current Westhill, but adding new track configurations. The classic WE must reamin unchanged, but sure they could add a couple of variations.

They could add an "F1 like" config by adding a couple of slow corners like the one you proposed, or even a slow chicane. Would it change the spirit of the track? Partially, the key would be keeping some of the very fast corners and adding a couple of strong braking points.

Also a shorter version would be nice, but I can't think of anything right now.

I think it's a shame that Westhill only has one possible config. I'd like to see a couple more with slightly different flavours, but always keeping the fast flowing spirit of it.
#23 - 65D
Quote from MaKaKaZo :Don't mind the haters, it's not their word that the devs are going to listen to when it comes to suggestions. All suggestions are welcome.

Anyway, the current WE is a very peculiar track, and it's very different from the rest of the tracks. It was meant to be like this, a fast track with a lot of fast corners.

Your idea is not bad at all, but the thing is not changing the current Westhill, but adding new track configurations. The classic WE must reamin unchanged, but sure they could add a couple of variations.

They could add an "F1 like" config by adding a couple of slow corners like the one you proposed, or even a slow chicane. Would it change the spirit of the track? Partially, the key would be keeping some of the very fast corners and adding a couple of strong braking points.

Also a shorter version would be nice, but I can't think of anything right now.

I think it's a shame that Westhill only has one possible config. I'd like to see a couple more with slightly different flavours, but always keeping the fast flowing spirit of it.

The very first sober respond to thread ...
It would break the whole character of the track. Period.
I can't defend every post in this thread by any means but you are only seeing what you want to see in terms of the replies.

You have been ridiculed to some degree because instead of suggesting "I think Westhill could do with at least one very slow corner to break up the fast sweeping nature of the entire circuit", you may have had more luck.

What you did however was to suggest "I cannot drive a particular corner when amongst racing traffic like I can when I am on my own, so my solution is to change the track to make it easier for me".

The more general discussion of Westhill is a good discussion to have, however.

So... suggested alterations to a circuit = good / no problem to anybody I don't think
suggest alterations because it's currently too difficult for you = leaving yourself open to mickey-taking.

All mho, of course.

West Hill - Turn 2
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG