The online racing simulator
XR = Mitsubishi Starion?
(40 posts, started )
XR = Mitsubishi Starion?
I was watching an (older) episode of Top Gear the other minute, the one where the three of them buy a coupe for 1500 quid and test them.

Jeremy Clarkson got a Mitsubishi Starion, which looks exactly like... the XR!! Right down to the tail lights.

Anyone else notice this? (probably did...)

They do look-a-like....
:S i hope we dont have another "this car is this IRL!" yes; we know the XRGT looks like a starion

Quote from rob_944 :XRGT/turbo = Mitsubishi Starion/Mazda RX7/Mk2 Supra
RB4 = Toyota Supra/Celica
FX0 = Vauxhall Astra Coupe
LX4, LX6, = Caterham/Westfield
MRT5 = A real life FSAE car
UF1000 = Mini
FZ50 = Nissan 350Z(rough shape)/Porsche 911(engine,rough shape)/Ferrari 550(or 575)(rear)

FV8 is obviously an F3000
FOX is a formula renault

and.. ya
And the RA is a RA
Yeah, I know. It's just that the other road cars seem to be pieces of other cars stuck together (like the fz50) and the XR and Starion are almost completely identical.

Anyhoo, not all topics need to be useful
Yeh, that's what it is. There was this Starion parked in the area, so I went and examined it and it's pretty much the XR as we know it. No doubt.
Except the starion is a dsm, fwd based chronic understeer car, and the xr is a rwd chronic oversteer car..odd indeed
We're talking about strictly looks... At least that's the impression I got.
Quote from DodgeRacer :Except the starion is a dsm, fwd based chronic understeer car, and the xr is a rwd chronic oversteer car..odd indeed

isnt the stock starion a rwd 140hp turbocharged car? atleast that's the description of the one that jeremy got in top gear
As far as I can tell, its a fwd based car with some select awd models with a 2.6L turbocharged 145hp motor (which is a little low for a 2.6l turbo car but ot :P)
I was just looking at the price on one of those, and the car I saw had 290 hp :-O
Quote from DodgeRacer :As far as I can tell, its a fwd based car with some select awd models with a 2.6L turbocharged 145hp motor (which is a little low for a 2.6l turbo car but ot :P)

The Mitsu Starion is, and always was, RWD. In Germany it was avaliable as the Small Body with a 2 Litre Turbo with 170hp(1982-1985) or 180hp(1985-1987) and later as Wide Body with a 2.6 Litre Turbo with 155hp(1987-1990).
Yeah I always thought it was a RWD car... FWD? doesn't seem like it?
You can tell by the shape of the car that it wouldn't be FWD as well.
Ah, auto trader is incorrect, you guys got it right (as always :P) it is RWD, guess i should email them about that
Quote from DodgeRacer :Except the starion is a dsm, fwd based chronic understeer car, and the xr is a rwd chronic oversteer car..odd indeed

you are an idiot. the starion is a RWD chronic oversteer car, with a 2.6 I4 Turbo. the XRT is a 2.0 I4 Turbo. they are almost the same car just with slight engine differences. I own a 1988 Chrysler Conquest/Mitsubishi Starion, so get your information straight before you go running your mouth on the forums.

Also, even though it makes only 188 hp in the 1988-89 versions, it makes a nice 223 ft-lbs of torque
Quote from El Conquestador :you are an idiot. the starion is a RWD chronic oversteer car, with a 2.6 I4 Turbo. the XRT is a 2.0 I4 Turbo. they are almost the same car just with slight engine differences. I own a 1988 Chrysler Conquest/Mitsubishi Starion, so get your information straight before you go running your mouth on the forums.

Also, even though it makes only 188 hp in the 1988-89 versions, it makes a nice 223 ft-lbs of torque

Nice bump to a nearly 5 year old thread.
Quote from El Conquestador :you are an idiot OH MAI GAA

PROTIP: When replying to a thread, be sure the thread is not five years old. Thank you for your cooperation.
-
(Silverracer) DELETED by Silverracer
Add to an old thread orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr create a new one.... hmmm....
Either way, you should put your flame suit on for both cases.

Creating an new thread - Use the search, dumb-ass!
Posting in an old thread - No need to bump an old thread, idiot!

Quote from Thunderhead :PROTIP: When replying to a thread, be sure the thread is not five years old. Thank you for your cooperation.

Why? Do threads have expiration dates or something?
Quote from PMD9409 :Add to an old thread orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr create a new one.... hmmm....

C) None of the above
Quote from obsolum :Why? Do threads have expiration dates or something?

I was wondering too btw
Quote from pik_d :C) None of the above

Result: Flaming or a dead forum.... Great...

XR = Mitsubishi Starion?
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG