The online racing simulator
Ready2Roll GEN PRO?
(111 posts, started )
+1 with DmT !

New LFS ! Love that ! Let's race harder
Great idea! I like that, I hope there will be some good racing there
Quote from troy :Nice one, should be a fun server, I will surely visit it if I find the time.

Regarding the wheel turn thing, I'm running 540° for example, not because I feel like it's faster but because the forcefeeback motors are just getting too slow if I set it any higher. You can easily test this yourself, in theory the wheel should center itself out if you let it go after a slide but the motors are not strong/fast enough to do that on 720° (at least not on my g25, not sure if it's any different on other wheels). There was a nice comparison on youtube about that problem posted by Niels Heusinkveld but I can't find it right now, maybe somebody can help me out.

Not sure what I want to say with this post other then don't judge people just because the hardware is not up to the task you're asking from it. Hope I could make myself clear.

Loud and clear mate, it is controller ability vs linearity, long debate hehe...
I guess that's why logitech made the centring spring...

What I like so much from using those settings is that it reintroduce the human factor even for the best of us, everyone will miss a gear once in while, down shifting while braking has to be very precise and passing a car under braking has to be done so carefully, no dive bomb possible or you'll end up in an uncontrolled mess...even on the strait you notice that no one shift exactly the same which result in small difference in speed...

On a personal note, I suck terribly with H shifter and lost 2 sec everywhere, I guess it will take me months to get up to sequential level (if ever), but I love every minutes driving like this...
It is not do what you like, it is like what you do...small difference but it means the world to me!

THX for the great comments! it is music to our hears!
Nice server and a complete new experience.

On my first start on the server i directly crashed in T1 because i was fighting hard with manual clutch and H Shifter.
When I saw this server on its first day I was so furious that I cant race there since I'm using momo, but this gave me motivation and courage to ask my friend to borrow me G25 (as i can't afford one atm) for uncertain time since he hasn't used it for at least few months now. Eh, not everyone can understand the beauty of sim racing.
Ever since it's been a blast. I'm so in love with LFS again, because of G25 and occasionally racing with H shifter is just extra bonus. I thank you for that guys.

And yes, close racing has a new dimension. Something that I really like because no matter what kind of gearbox you've got in real life you always have to take extra care. Many seem to forget this in sim racing and therefor we have handful of crashes. But with H shifter it just too hazardous to act brainless, even for a simulation.

Oh one more thing. RWD cars are just godlike with H shifter, while I now tend to hate FWD (unlike most of RWD lovers, I normally like FWD too) because of ugly extra understeer when you miss the downshift.
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
Sounds extremely cool, im going to try this when GTAL and IGTC will get of for my road, never tryed H-shifter before
I might even reinstal LFS just to test it
Good Idea!
I think its time for new wheel for me... This sounds realy interesting!
Quote from Sir moi 407 :I might even reinstal LFS just to test it
Good Idea!

Nice, we're waiting for you....
I wish I was at home and not at work...
I always drive full manual and Im looking forward to test my skill in a server like this.
Do not feel guilty f people with different wheels or setting cannot enter; they have the whole LFS server list to choose from.

Is this server permanent or it is on only on particular times? Because I think I will not be able to try it until a couple of days.
Quote from Asphalt Scream :I wish I was at home and not at work...
I always drive full manual and Im looking forward to test my skill in a server like this.
Do not feel guilty f people with different wheels or setting cannot enter; they have the whole LFS server list to choose from.

Is this server permanent or it is on only on particular times? Because I think I will not be able to try it until a couple of days.

All public for now (24/7), but registration to the sim club will be necessary when the series start ( soon), meaning only the club member will be able to race there.
No worry it is here to stay!
Little note: for the preparation of the series, I have renamed the server to ''& R2R GEN PRO'', I'll explain later today why and what will happen...to be continued...
a surprise

I want to have a cookie !
This morning I could finally try this server.
I need lot more practice, I know but I could see other people having same problem as me during slow corners and looking at the coping with them (much better than me anyway) was refreshing.
I started to feel out of place in other servers because I was never able to outmanuever other drivers because I was forced to take different lines/braking points.
Today, instead I felt thrilled because I saw people driving like me and this made me return the will to race and to learn the tracks I never race on (like Aston).
Really a good job!
But learning to drive with realistic settings with the FZ5 is hardcore
Just gave this a try. Can definitely recommend it for people who drive in "hardcore" mode It needs more people
Not be able to register, it keeps telling me field with asterisk are required though I filled everything
Quote from Asphalt Scream :Not be able to register, it keeps telling me field with asterisk are required though I filled everything

Been having lots of problems with spam bots, so you have probably missed the question asking what is the real name of WE1? the answer is ''Westhill international''...hope this help!
No, I didnt miss that and the code at the bottom. Tried also writing in caps an writing random word in the team field though I have none. I'm trying again lets see what happens

Edit: now it worked! such a stupid thing: I didnt forgot the track name field but the answer is "Westhill International", while I was writing: "West Hill International".
Thanks, by reading you I figured out!
It amazes me to see there are so many people who have a G25 and didn't even try to use its H-shifter.

I'm saying that because when I started playing LFS a few years ago, getting realistic inputs (wheel, pedals, and shifter) quickly became a priority for me, and the G25 was almost perfect for this.

Anyway, it's really nice to see people discovering the pleasure of using clutch and shifter, while also beeing a bit fun passing them as they try to deal with the extra difficulty

Ahah, I'm not the only one missing gears now ! :icon23:
Quote from Ricou :It amazes me to see there are so many people who have a G25 and didn't even try to use its H-shifter.

I'm saying that because when I started playing LFS a few years ago, getting realistic inputs (wheel, pedals, and shifter) quickly became a priority for me, and the G25 was almost perfect for this.

Anyway, it's really nice to see people discovering the pleasure of using clutch and shifter, while also beeing a bit fun passing them as they try to deal with the extra difficulty

I love when we are side by side with someone on straight fighting for the next turn and he misses gear. xD
Quote from Ricou :

Damn, I didn't noticed you missed any! you have years of experience, but we'll catch you...when you'll get old!
I was on for a bit yesterday, just wanted to point out that forced cockpit view has some minor side effects. For some reason in LFS the eye position can't be moved backwards more than a lot, so the choice is between settling on a wider angle, or relinquishing some of your peripheral vision (on some cars this may also affect the ability to see the wing mirrors). When FCV is off I just get around this problem by switching to Custom view, click on eye position and finally setting Y to a negative value.

I got used to this driving position from iRacing and I find it to be a good compromise to avoid too much distortion and still retain decent peripheral vision.

BTW I know this is a limitation with LFS (or it might even be an unrealistic option in iR) not a server problem, and it's pretty clear why you would choose to turn it on, so do not take this as a request or a complaint, just a FYI.
I never miss any gear, the problem for me is braking with right foot
No I don't drive IRL

Ready2Roll GEN PRO?
(111 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG