The online racing simulator
Ready2Roll GEN PRO?
(111 posts, started )
Ready2Roll GEN PRO?
Update: Due to some confusion about the server settings, the server has been renamed to & R2R GEN H BOX

Little post to tell you that we are testing a new server dedicated to the H shifting cars, the server will be restricted to Manual axe clutch, H shifter and incar view and no button clutch, no shift macro and no auto gears will be possible… because not everyone has a G25 or similar those servers never have much success, but we think times have changed and many of us have one of those wheels by now, and there is no reason why sim racers shouldn’t have a place dedicated and restricted to those settings. Most importantly, you will be able to race and compare yourself to other racers with equal tools…

Only one thing, and I hope dev read this , the wheel turn can’t be restricted, it would be great if lfs could report some info on this (insim info)… and even then it would never be reliable because ppls would always have the driver settings to play with… We hope sim lover will have the fair play to respect this part of the settings, we can’t control or restrict it.

We are planning to build a ‘’sim club’’ around this server with a little series, so registration will be necessary, but in the mid time the server is public for everyone to play with…So I thought lets warn everyone J. At the moment we are trying the 12 cars (H shifter) we have, so expect combo’s to change often in the coming days.

THX to EQ Worry and Airio for giving us the tools to do this!

PS: To all racers without that kind of wheels, I know this is not friendly to you guys, but understand there are no reason for us to be punished, braking with H shifter in a pack of sequential is just mad… and believe me I am racing on lfs for a while and since two weeks that I have changed settings, I have the feeling I am rediscovering it all over again, this will get me by before S3 arrives and Hope others will share that with me!

More soon….Have fun!

Edit: The server has been renamed to ''& R2R GEN PRO''
Framaris and Eq Worry, You just did what i hope since years... THX a lot guys you did what LFS miss.
Now we can fight in realism mod, such great for fun. And drivers can also use all the benefits that LFS give compared to other "sim"
THX again, u will see me often on this serv ..
Would also be nice if you could force cockpit movement too....
Much more realistic.
Quote from z-ro 8 :Would also be nice if you could force cockpit movement too....
Much more realistic.

Actually I disagree on this one. That is more a preferable choise, nothing you can gain by that, like macros and such.
Was meant to go along with the "realism" idea TVE, not
to even up the competition.......
#6 - arco
Sure you can gain by using custom view. You have a better view of the front side of the car, and can go closer to the corners, especially on SO. At least for those skilled with using custom view. I would fail miserably on it though, since for me it looks totally weird.
Quote from z-ro 8 :Was meant to go along with the "realism" idea TVE, not
to even up the competition.......

Then I get you, and might agree to some level
#8 - A3rox
Quote from bobbyfish :Framaris and Eq Worry, You just did what i hope since years... THX a lot guys you did what LFS miss.
Now we can fight in realism mod, such great for fun. And drivers can also use all the benefits that LFS give compared to other "sim"
THX again, u will see me often on this serv ..

I can't say better!! Thank you so much guys!!

See you on R2R Gen PRO!!
Quote from A3rox :I can't say better!! Thank you so much guys!!

See you on R2R Gen PRO!!

Just great to use realistics settings for LFS... Hope that evryone who joins, will enjoy...

EQ Worry just did a very nice tool : airio... Framaris and him have made such great job to open a simracing server... Thxs mates...
Would love to join. But only have DFP GT.
Too many responsibilities for G25 or 27.....

Shame.
I applaud you for setting up a server with these restrictions, good job! I hope it becomes popular.
Now I feel a little less lonely

Thanks Fram !
O my dear Friend Fram well done mate.

But now u have to fix tha last big (CHEAT) LFS problem, the REAL DEGREES of rotation.

Fixed that, your R2R PRO will be perfect !
THX for the your enthusiastic answers guys!

@mc: like I said, even if we manage to control the wheel turn with a filter based on insim info, ppls will still have the possibility to set the game at says 720 (the info which will be reported) and set the driver setting in windows to 320 or 360...so sadly not much we can do there.

That said, taking corners with one hand with a small wheel turn is a lot harder than with two hands ...
Is there a way to fix the speed of steering ?
An uman that using 720° with XFG cannot do the same steering speed of a 200° steer, or not ?
Quote from michele0676 :Is there a way to fix the speed of steering ?
An uman that using 720° with XFG cannot do the same steering speed of a 200° steer, or not ?

Yes you're right I think, reduce the original wheel turn by half and you double the speed of your reflexes...
No insim info is reported by lfs about the wheel, that said if you watch someone driving you can see if he uses small wheel turn...

It is a long time I want to do something like this, but because we couldn't restrict the servers I've waited, but now I feel we can do enough to make it interesting and if someone is stupid enough to chose our GEN PRO server to use the only arcade setting we can't control...so be it... nothing more to say than ''sad for him''...
Quote from Framaris :(...) and if someone is stupid enough to chose our GEN PRO server to use the only arcade setting we can't control...so be it... nothing more to say than ''sad for him''...

Exactly my thoughts.
It's very good server

H + 720° Good :P

Traffic :P, Fight !

Go server is very Hard and Very Fun
Had a good fun afternoon racing, highly recommended to anyone interested in a hardcore LFS experience
#20 - troy
Nice one, should be a fun server, I will surely visit it if I find the time.

Regarding the wheel turn thing, I'm running 540° for example, not because I feel like it's faster but because the forcefeeback motors are just getting too slow if I set it any higher. You can easily test this yourself, in theory the wheel should center itself out if you let it go after a slide but the motors are not strong/fast enough to do that on 720° (at least not on my g25, not sure if it's any different on other wheels). There was a nice comparison on youtube about that problem posted by Niels Heusinkveld but I can't find it right now, maybe somebody can help me out.

Not sure what I want to say with this post other then don't judge people just because the hardware is not up to the task you're asking from it. Hope I could make myself clear.
#21 - Dmt
Well done Framaris. Its like new LFS in there. I like!
Sweet! I'll join the club!
Wish I could join, need an extra pedal and a shifter though...
new motivation, awesome server framaris!
I can't race there > Logitech Momo Racing :'(
But I'll spectate for sure ! Very good server.

Ready2Roll GEN PRO?
(111 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG