The online racing simulator
Post your wristwatch!
(76 posts, started )
Quote from jibber :Post you car, your bike, your desktop, your weather conditions, your watch... What's next? Post your turd?

I like this thread better than the weather and desktop ones, though
Here's my beauty.
Attached images
20042010152.jpg
There's nothing more freeing than finally breaking away from wearing a watch. When you wear a watch, the time is always on you, thus you are always looking at the time and always worried about the time.

It takes quite a while to get use to not having a watch. You will repeatedly look at your wrist every 5 minutes for months on end until one day it will all stop.
                              Mine:

Had an awesome Casio, with 'keyboard' on it, when i was a kid, worked flawlesly, battery literally worked like 10 years.. but since then i don't wear them. Wanted to buy one recently, but they make them so damn huge now! they all look redicolous on my skiny hand
                              Right now I mostly sport a MWC NATO G10. When I go for runs/swimming etc, I'll chuck on my cheap Casio of sorts (I have no idea what model or make it is) and when I need to start applying the bling I'll use a pocket watch or a bracelet/dress watch.

I don't do bling/jewellery unless it is watches, so I have many.

Quote from GFresh :Had this watch for around 7 - 8 years now, i love it, keeps the time very well, and is only on it's 3rd battery!
                              I'm a little gutted about the scratch that has appeared on the face, although i can get the face replaced for £80...

[pikt0r]

Don't waste your money getting a new lens for it. If it is a real glass one (many use plexi or just cheap plastic), get a bottle of T-Cut. You can then rub out the scratch.
                              I have this one, but I wear it only to special occasions.
                              This strap:

With this face:

The face is cool, the hand (the red line) is stationary and the numbers move round behind it.
                              Had this:

It broke, so now I have this:

#37 - senn
                              We must have a timepiece where i work (It's actually law)

Just picture it with loads of scratches on the black plastic, and a rubber band holding the strap on, instead of the black bit :P

It cops a beating.
                              I have a DOXA California Chrono for several years now, but never wore it so far

Quote from Crashgate3 :This strap:

With this face:

The face is cool, the hand (the red line) is stationary and the numbers move round behind it.

Nice. I've been looking to get a more "metal" looking watch like that but haven't found any stores that carry that kind of stuff. I think I would prefer the face that's on the strap in the pic, though Yours is a lot more unique, no doubt, but I like the look of the other one better
                              I have two.....

My Maktime (Poljot) Russian aviator

My Tissot PRC200

I have a thing for black dialed chrono's with leather straps!
                              Quote from obsolum :That's probably the coolest watch posted so far

Thanks.. and it's probably the cheapest too. But it works fine and looks good IMO, so what more can I ask? I just love mechanical see-through watches.
                              How about a watch with a starting price of 350'000$?

Quote :Designed for handling extreme gravity conditions, Swiss watch manufacturers Zenith introduce an innovative time piece that “defies” all types of vertical limits from their DEFY XTREME 2009 collection.
                              The Defy Xtreme Tourbillon ZERO-G uses zero gravity (zero-g) technology, which features a carriage for the tourbillon (an escapement added to the watch mechanism to counter gravity) in a free-moving gyrospcopic-styled housing. The timepiece also includes regulator gears that are conical shaped so no matter how the watch is positioned, the tourbillon always points down, which ensures optimal amplitude for the spiral balanced-wheel.
                              In layman’s terms, you can move the watch in any position, but the gears will always remain horizontal.

Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Don't waste your money getting a new lens for it. If it is a real glass one (many use plexi or just cheap plastic), get a bottle of T-Cut. You can then rub out the scratch.

Thanks, although i have already tried this, but it didn't work out, the scratch is very deep
                              Quote from Boris Lozac :Had an awesome Casio, with 'keyboard' on it, when i was a kid, worked flawlesly, battery literally worked like 10 years.. but since then i don't wear them. Wanted to buy one recently, but they make them so damn huge now! they all look redicolous on my skiny hand

I have good news for you! The Casio with the calculator was my first watch when I was 10. Now at 24 it had almost been 10 years I wasn't wearing a watch, but I saw it on someone's hand outside and I remembered!
                              Went on eBay and bought it brand new for 7E from Hong Kong.
                              I love it! Go for it just for kicks. The prices are ridiculous. Casio Ca-53 eBay search

Quote from Crashgate3 :There's some good ones here: http://www.happyfans.com/?sfd=watch&p=1 including some with the same strap I have.

Cool, thanks for the link They've got some other nice stuff as well. Bookmarked it

One thing I'm wondering about though is that for all the watches in the description it says "plastic" at the end. Do they mean the face is plastic or the strap or what? For example this one: that looks like some kind of metal casing of some sort. Is that plastic? 'Cause I don't want to spend € 50 on a plastic watch.
                              Apart from the decal behind the face (mine was In Flames), that one's exactly the same as the one I got when I got that strap.

The strap is leather, with metal accessories. The face surround is chrome-plated copper (I think - chrome-plated metal certainly). The face cover is plastic but you'd have a job to tell it from glass just by looking. I imagine it scratches easier than glass, but the metal surround protrudes out further than the plastic face which protects it from scratches to some extent.
                              Quote from danowat :I have two.....

My Maktime (Poljot) Russian aviator
                              My Tissot PRC200

I have a thing for black dialed chrono's with leather straps!

That Aviator is awesome.
                              Quote from Paranoid Android :I have good news for you! The Casio with the calculator was my first watch when I was 10. Now at 24 it had almost been 10 years I wasn't wearing a watch, but I saw it on someone's hand outside and I remembered!

Hehe nice Yeah, except mine was all silver with metal/silver handle And it's kinda tricky to order from eBay in Serbia..
                              Quote from GFresh :Thanks, although i have already tried this, but it didn't work out, the scratch is very deep

Get some very fine grit wetdry paper. The stuff you'd use to get a mirror finish on metal. My watch was shocking, so I just went to town cleaning up the face. Though I did do it one time too many so it finally cracked. But yeah, works a treat if you have enough free time and fine enough wetdry that you don't just scratch up the glass.

Post your wristwatch!
                              (76 posts, started )
                              FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG