The online racing simulator
On Screen Information Missing??
(12 posts, started )
#1 - kx315
Hi all,

Bit of a noobie to LFS down loaded installed three days ago and am now hooked

Everything seems to work fine except for the on screen displays while driving?

There is no coarse map race position/laps at all and if I push shift "T" for the text box it will come up inconsistently to say the least.

My computer is less than a year old with good ram cpu etc has this happened to anyone else? Or is it a simple setting I have over looked?

Cheers Hutchy.
#2 - Bean0
Pretty much all of the 'HUD' can be turned on/off in the menus.
Shift+F can be used to hide/show all when ingame...you may have done this ?

It's just 't' for the chatbox
#3 - kx315
Hi BenO,

Thanks for your replay I will try your suggestion but I don't think thats it for example if I enter the pits (pushing shift "P") all I can see it the car with no other data? If I want to exit the game say while sitting in pit lane if I push Esc all that comes up is a black box in the top corner of the screen. On maybe the tenth attempt the menu will come up?

Cheers Hutchy
Sounds like a gfx driver or DirectX issue, a screenshot would help
#5 - kx315
Quote from morpha :Sounds like a gfx driver or DirectX issue, a screenshot would help

Thanks for the reply I'll see if I can get a shot.

Thanks Hutchy.
Definitely sounds like some sort of corruption. I assume you used to have all the information on the screen and now it is being displayed incorrectly or not at all? Have you installed anything else, any hi-res packs and suchlike? Or was it simply working to begin with and suddenly not any more without any changes that you might have made.
#7 - kx315
Quote from SmegFirk :Definitely sounds like some sort of corruption. I assume you used to have all the information on the screen and now it is being displayed incorrectly or not at all? Have you installed anything else, any hi-res packs and suchlike? Or was it simply working to begin with and suddenly not any more without any changes that you might have made.

No it has never worked properly from the start mabye I should re install?

Thanks for the input Hutchy
What gfx card and drivers do you have ?
What OS ? DirectX ?

Do you run other games ? Do they show problems ?
#9 - kx315
Quote from Ripley :What gfx card and drivers do you have ?
What OS ? DirectX ?

Do you run other games ? Do they show problems ?

Turns out my computer is only using the what is inbuilt into the mother board for it's graphix capabilitys The computer is less than a year old running XP Pro with direct X 9 but clearly that is not enough to run the program to its full potential.

Just about to order a GFX card hopfully the will cure the issues I am having.

Thanks to everyone for your help/feedback I'll let you know how it goes!!

Cheers Hutchy
Well I installed an new GFX card over the weekend and wow all working perfectly.

Cheers Hutchy.
cockpit hands
Quote from Bean0 :Pretty much all of the 'HUD' can be turned on/off in the menus.
Shift+F can be used to hide/show all when ingame...you may have done this ?

It's just 't' for the chatbox

i have a question, i have the z28 demo and i cant see my drivers hands with the cockpit view, ive tried going to options then display but i still cant find the option to view the hands. can anyone help?

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG