The online racing simulator
#1 - samjh
2010 Formula 1 Chinese Grand Prix (Shanghai)
Map

Statistics
  • Number of Laps: 56
  • Circuit Length: 5.451 km
  • Race Distance: 305.066 km
  • Lap Record: 1m 32.238s - M Schumacher (2004)
2009 Podium:
  1. Sebastian Vettel (RBR)
  2. Mark Webber (RBR)
  3. Jenson Button (Brawn)
2009 Pole: Sebastian Vettel (RBR), 1m 36.184s

2009 Fastest Lap: Rubens Barrichello (Brawn), 1m 52.592s in wet

Schedule (local time)

Fri 16 April 2010
Practice 1 = 10:00 - 11:30
Practice 2 = 14:00 - 15:30

Sat 17 April 2010
Practice 3 = 11:00 - 12:00
Qualifying = 14:00

Sun 18 April 2010
Race = 15:00

Local Weather (click)
Guess what's the weather forecast for the race (according to Formula1.com)?

Cold, overcast day, with very high possibility of rain.

Drivers, start your sweaters!
#3 - samjh
It's only 20% chance of rain, according to Weather Underground.
#4 - amp88
Long range forecasting (and by long range I mean more than a few minutes) is notoriously unreliable. You could probably find 10 different sources using 10 different models and data streams providing numerous different predictions.
Quote from samjh :It's only 20% chance of rain, according to Weather Underground.

Ah, whatever, it's going to be COLD anyway...
#6 - samjh
Now, it says 80% chance of precipitation, with rain forecast for 11am to 2pm. But given that's a meteorological forecast, we may as well use tarot cards...
How many times did they say it will rain during the race and in the end there was nothing..i just dont believe in this forecasts anymore
I will watch TV
hmm Torro Rosso has nice suspension no? Buemi trying to counter steer even though he had lost both of his front tyres was funny.
That was crazy!
Quote from BenjiMC :hmm Torro Rosso has nice suspension no? Buemi trying to counter steer even though he had lost both of his front tyres was funny.

He still had less understeer than the HRT cars.
Simple upright problem. Funny seeing how many people are stating that the cars are becoming more dangerous or something!
Wow - never seen anything like that before. Very strange accident.
The camera man deserves a medal, if you watch the replays you will see one of those wheels came extremely close to actually hitting him.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :The camera man deserves a medal, if you watch the replays you will see one of those wheels came extremely close to actually hitting him.

I always think that about the cameramen who do the on-board shots during the races. They must have balls of steel.
Wierd crash, but why is there no cables to avoid fly wheels away from car ? They dissapeared in beginning of 2009. I thought they gonna put 'em back becose of Henry Surtees death, but nothing.
Quote from TypeRacing :Wierd crash, but why is there no cables to avoid fly wheels away from car ? They dissapeared in beginning of 2009. I thought they gonna put 'em back becose of Henry Surtees death, but nothing.

Answer:

Quote from autosport.com :An investigation by the team has concluded that the incident was caused by a front right upright failure - which was a new design introduced for this weekend's race. Exactly what went wrong to cause the malfunction has not yet been established, however.

Once the right upright failed, the load on the left side component was too great for it to handle which is why that failed simultaneously.

The team also concluded that the wheel tethers did not work, with the tyres being pitched over the spectactor fences. The tethers were attached to the part of the uprights that broke off.

Clearly you've never been involved in a motorsport accident (or even a road accident) - you try to avoid hitting stuff with every fibre of your being and every ounce of talent you possess. Mere facts like not having any wheels simply don't register - that's a detail that your brain processes later.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG