help with grafics please
(49 posts, started )
Definately sounds like your memory then if the card isnt overheating. As said try lowering your memory speeds and see if it helps.
lol
lol i dont know..:S or i know but cant find it
Right, you need Rivatuner, its a very small program that will give you a new tab on your Nvidia control panel. Once its installed go to your Nvidia control panel and go to the Frequencies section and change the option to manual overcloking and lower your memory clock speed.
rivatuner
ok got rivatuner 2,0 rc 16 now
I had the same issue with my graphic card. It just did a tiny move in AGP Slot...

So remove your graphic card and put it again in your AGP / PCI Express SLOT, this should fix it.

Otherwise it's probably some overheating or bugged graphic card
Yep, definitely a card problem. I had a similar problem with my last card, an ATI 9800 Pro. The bottom half of the screen was checkered with those black blocks and the textures on the models were corrupted, having black pixels "sprayed" on them.

In my case it was nothing software related nor overclocking. I reinstalled my whole system, tried multiple drivers, happened in every 3D app including video and I do not overclock.

The only solution, for me at least (probably you too ) is to replace it. Woot for RMA
hmm..
:S well i just got the card..and i have not overclocked it...
i had the same problem a long time ago with my geforce 2 gts gfx card.I removed the card and heatsink and cleaned all the dust off,no problems after that and the card is now happily working in my dads pc,must be about 7 or 8 years old now
Tango
tryed
i have tryed to take it out and put it back again ..
no diffrense..
I had the same problems once on my old gfx card. I soon replaced it with a brandnew 9800 Pro and everything is fine ever since. So it seems like your card is somehow screwed. But if you just bought it, you should still have warranty ...
Quote from go sideways :i have tryed to take it out and put it back again ..
no diffrense..

Hi again,
Dod you try to downlock the memory to 800Mhz as I suggested and test it then if you have still problems?
Please try it and let us know after that.
hmm..
Like we said from the beginning... :rolleyes:
Quote from AndroidXP :Like we said from the beginning... :rolleyes:

Yeah, but originally it was only doing it in LFS, now its doing ti everywhere.
Quote from go sideways :its my videocard..

http://i5.tinypic.com/11j6r00.jpg

Getting a new one .. :'(

hey thats a pretty cool vertical blind effect its generated, if you could get then to turn open to display program screens underneath it would be pretty damm goo.....

oh who the hell am i trying to fool, it would look bloody awfull
Quote from AndroidXP :Like we said from the beginning... :rolleyes:

Like I said from the second post.
If its new, get it replaced, should have warranty for a good while yet. And if you cant get it replaced, and need to buy a new one, i suggest you get a 7600GS, they're about the same price, but blow the 6600GT out of the WATTAH.
hm..
now i cant start lfs..:'(
who is that hiding behind that tree, waiting to JUMP on you ? ....it's Ol' Man Trouble !!!!!!
Quote from Astro [ BJRL ] :who is that hiding behind that tree, waiting to JUMP on you ? ....it's Ol' Man Trouble !!!!!!

moo??

:bannana_p
wierd
when i remove drivers its not all that stuff on screen then its fine..but when i install a driver its getting like those pics
Your graphics card is broken. Get a new one.

When you uninstall the drivers, then the mainboard probably reverts back to onboard drivers, or uses very minimalistic graphics modes of your GFX card which don't show the memory error.

Again:
your. card. is. broken.
kaputt.
ødelagt.
:'(
okey..well thanks for the help lfs players
As said, with no drivers the PC will revert to very basic drivers capable of simply doing the job of displaying an image, itll run at 16 bit colour and a minimal screen reolution and the PC will run extremely slowly when you are moving windows etc around the screen. No drivers will pretty much not stress the card at all and im not surprised its fine due to how minimalistic your operating system runs without drivers.

help with grafics please
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG