The online racing simulator
#1 - twoT
Why not allow "some" setup changes in pitstop?
seems to me that to be able to change ....

overall gearing
tyres
downforce

and such just on a normal pitstop would make life a lot easier
for a few scenario's.. if not quiker for the most part

what says you ???????? the ppl ??? who

LIVE FOR SPEED
it wouldnt be realistic
First, Welcome to to LFS Forums. And secondly, for a native speaker your english is sad.

And to answer your suggestion, you allready can change your tyrecompound, and pressures and downforce on pitstop, press F12 to get the screen. And changing gearings on a pitstop would be totally unrealistic you just cant do it like that.
Even now the fidelty of changing the gears is weird, but hey, it's a game In real life the teams would get to the track with little or no chance of changing the gear ratios
Come here and change the gear ratios in less than, hmmm, half an hour. Then I'll pay Scawen £100000 to put this in LFS.

And as the Finnish man says, work on your English - you're embarrassing your country.
Gear ratios definately should not be adjusteable in real time, but as to whether they can be changed during the course of a weekend, it does depend on the formula.

The Jaguar sports car team did an engine change in 4 hours at Le Mans one year, F1 teams can do a gear ratio change between sessions. In karting (MRT5 is probably a little more complex mind you) I can do a gear ratio change in around 5 minutes (and in an interesting parallel to Jaguar, at the Kart Le Mans my team did 4 engine changes in 45 minutes...).

In a hatchback you aren't ever going to change the gear ratios, ever. No matter how much time you have.
#7 - twoT
illepall

lol
juss a quik note about the grammer....
u all understood every word

p.s >>> unrealistic<<but wheey cool>>
Attached files
TowYardComplaint.mp3 - 300.1 KB - 161 views
Changes to downforce - Yes

Changes to tyre types/pressures - Yes

Changes to gearing - No, not do-able in real life

What i really want to see is on the fly traction control on the BF1, its annoying having to pit to change TC settings, but not for brake bias.
You can turn TC on and off....unless I'm being thick. I've not got LFS at work, and as such I cannot check what the key is, but I'm sure it can be done...
You can turn it on and off, but it would be nice to change the % level before it kicks in, even if it was in the F12 menu, but you have to physically pit to change it.
Quote from the_angry_angel :You can turn TC on and off....unless I'm being thick. I've not got LFS at work, and as such I cannot check what the key is, but I'm sure it can be done...

O
#12 - axus
Quote from twoT :illepall

lol
juss a quik note about the grammer....
u all understood every word

p.s >>> unrealistic<<but wheey cool>>

You may have missed the point of LFS... and of language come to think of it. And maybe life all together, but judging by the way you type, you're 12-14 so its alright.
#13 - twoT
Quote from axus :You may have missed the point of LFS... and of language come to think of it. And maybe life all together, but judging by the way you type, you're 12-14 so its alright.

hmm .. i might have missed the point of lfs and its realistic aproach to feasability and time scaling , or something eqally anal
but
what are you saying ?
that i don't understand that comunication is the point of language!
but its ok for u to think u know the point behind life ?

plzz ... lets not argue pointlesly...
hope you don't race as badly as your pointless, generalised, remarks....

geek !

i was only saying "hullo"

cripes i love to argue ....
I feel this is one for the "PEST SQUAD"...

If you require help with spelling, punctuation or forum etiquette, please get in touch with PEST squad members who proudly display the "PEST squad" signature. If you do not require help or find it impossible to improve on any of the above, this means you are a twit, which the "PEST squad" can also deal with, in this type of fashion....

Go and crawl back down that hole you came from!
:feedtroll
#16 - Jakg
Quote from twoT :geek !

what would you rather be, a geek or a twat? looks like you made your choice and i made mine
Picking on the new guy for his spelling, grammar, and attitude? OK, fine. But please people, can we get our priorities right?

This monster posted in Comic Sans, the most evil font in the world! How can this crime go unpunished!?
#18 - twoT
LOL

i feel suitably punished...... but hey ho ! you still understood everyword i said , so i will have to just carry on being a twat

Quote from twoT :i will have to just carry on being a twat

Hey twoT u mispelllttt ur name!!!!

Seriously welcome to LFS, please post with some punctuation and you don't have to post in txt speak. If you take the time to write in something readable more people will take you seriously and read your post.
You should talk to your pitcrew chef and tell him wich tyres you would like...

That may sounded like I'm with him to allow all kinds of settings to be changed during the race, but I'm not. I think setups make too much of a difference already, I mean, I like to race, and I couldn't care less about setups. So the people who DO have interest in it (mostly the faster people), don't need the option to make themselfs even faster by constant setup changes.

If someone wants to change their gear ratios, they should pit in, and stay there for a few hours, actually pitstops in general should take longer (when there is damage at least), would make for some more exciting 24h races Imagine being in the pits for 4 hours because of a broken gearbox...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG