The online racing simulator

Poll : Choose the one you like more

HTC HD Mini
HTC Legend
Samsung Omnia II
Samsung Galaxy Spica
HTC HD Mini vs HTC Legend vs Omnia II vs Galaxy Spica
My previous smartphone had an issue in the motherboard and the technical service told me it wasn't possible to fix it, so after 1 year of use, they've refunded my money (shipping cost included ). Now I need another one, and these four models seem to be nice for me
Anyone has one of these? Opinions?

HTC HD Mini
HTC Legend
Samsung Omnia II
Samsung Galaxy Spica

The HTC Desire is also a very nice device but my budget goes until 400€

About Windows Mobile: I've been using it in my old smartphone and I know is not the fastest, smoothest or finger friendly OS in the world, but that's not the most important thing for me (as long as it isn't annoying to use). The strong point of WM is that is very similar to having a small computer in your pocket, with plenty of useful apps (aftermarket). Maybe the Apple Store has millions of apps, but only 50 are useful. By the end of this year it will be outdated since Windows Phone 7 will arrive, but this one seems to be more "phone" and less "computer", which is the thing I like of WinMo 6.5.

About Android: In the future will be probably the best, but today is not the future, is the present, and I think right now is too new, too inmature, plenty of bugs, features that don't work yet and hundred of millions of updates to come. The worst thing is that buying an Android device today doesn't mean it will be upgradeable in the future. So, I wouldn't mind to try this new OS, but I'm kinda afraid of these things.

My old one was a GSmart MW700 and I used it like if it were a computer. Despite of having only 64mb of ram and a 528Mhz of cpu it did the job quite OK. Now I got a laptop so the use it's gonna be "lighter".
what about apple ?
I would get the HTC Legend, the build quality looks great, it has the unibody design with a AMOLED display. It has some cool widgets that keep you updated with your twitter/face book (If you use it)..

As it runs android there are some good apps that you can download and imo is one of the best mobile OS out there
Quote from hotmail :what about apple ?

I'm sorry but due to my personal taste and preferences I'm an anti apple guy

The Legend definitely seems to be a good choice, but for 400€ a 3.2" 480x320 screen is kinda expensive...
Quote from NitroNitrous :I'm sorry but due to my personal taste and preferences I'm an anti apple guy

The Legend definitely seems to be a good choice, but for 400€ a 3.2" 480x320 screen is kinda expensive...

Mmm, well Ive used the galaxy and id say its pretty average, its nothing agaisnt the HTC legend, the HD Minis abit smaller?

Not sure about the omnia 2, not a fan on WinMo
Have you used the Galaxy or the Galaxy Spica? Good thing about it is the price (I just have to add 60€ to the money I got back from my old phone) and it probably does the job. But current owners are still waiting for the 2.1 upgrade, since it comes with 1.6...
The HTC HD Mini is the small version of the HD2 (which is a f*cking brick) and it runs WinMo as well, but looks so hot and compact....
#8 - arco
The Legend, or the Desire if you can stretch the budget. I'm okay with using Windows on my computer, but on my mobile? No way! I have the Tattoo, which doesn't have the greatest screen, but I'm super happy with it.
I can't seem to find the Sony Ericsson Satio option?
Legend or HD2. HTC leads the way at the moment in smartphones IMO.
I see you're in Torino (or Turin, as we like to call it over here) so my advice would be, find a shop (there must be at least one in a big city like Turin), and have a play with all of em, see which one you like best. It's how/why i went for an iphone over a new smartphone.

However, i will say, i used to use an external ui called Pointui on all of my smartphones, and the general consensus on their forums was that HTC are the best.

If it was me ? i think i'd go for the HD mini. It's a cool looking little thing, and i've heard both good and bad things about that magic mouse light thing on the Legend, but it just seems a bit of a faff to me. And surely the beauty of these touch screens is they're meant to be finger friendly, so a little magic mouse might sound like a neat idea, but, just like the slide-out keypad, i'd probably never use it.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :I can't seem to find the Sony Ericsson Satio option?

I don't find Symbian as useful as Android or WinMo

Quote from Mazz4200 :I see you're in Torino (or Turin, as we like to call it over here) so my advice would be, find a shop (there must be at least one in a big city like Turin), and have a play with all of em, see which one you like best. It's how/why i went for an iphone over a new smartphone....

I've been in some big stores buy wasn't possible to try them. But is nice that you talked about it because I forgot to say I downloaded an Android emulator for the computer and I used it a bit. To be honest seems pretty simple and "basic", which is something many people love, but for me the complexity of WinMo and the fact that is like having a mobile phone with Windows 95 attracts me a lot
#13 - arco
The emulators only have basic Android interface, while the HTC mobiles have the Sense UI on top. And having a mobile with Linux is way better than one with Windows.
i've got the HDC HD2 which is a fantistic phone, does everything, easy to use and plenty of options for it.

As you dont like the size of it Then the HD Mini will be the way to go. (although i cannot imagine why. I'm more of a.. "The Bigger the better" kinda guy... at least thats what the ladies tell me ).

The HTC HD series has the Sense UI on top of the windows mobile. The sense making it easy, "preety" and useful.. and the WinMobile offering countless abilities should you wish to add or use them. For instance.. just because i can i sometimes connect to my PC via remote desktop usint this phone while im out... That is, if i remember to enable access before i go out!
Don't forget the HTC Desire too
Quote from franky500 :i've got the HDC HD2 which is a fantistic phone, does everything, easy to use and plenty of options for it.

I does everything except one of the basic tasks: to fit in your pocket

Quote from franky500 :As you dont like the size of it Then the HD Mini will be the way to go. (although i cannot imagine why. I'm more of a.. "The Bigger the better" kinda guy... at least thats what the ladies tell me ).

The bigger the phone, smaller the.... But yeah releasing a Mini version of the HD was the best idea ever from HTC

Quote from StableX :Don't forget the HTC Desire too

Yeah I love that one but it's out of my budget I don't wanna spend more than 200€ (+200€ of my old phone means 400 in total)

Guys with Android phones, are there some annoying bugs in that OS or some features that you wish were working but they aren't yet? Has someone tried the iGo navigator in Android?
Quote from NitroNitrous :
Guys with Android phones, are there some annoying bugs in that OS or some features that you wish were working but they aren't yet? Has someone tried the iGo navigator in Android?

Mmm, my phone only has the basic interface, although I have used Sense UI, there really havent been any problems that I have encountered and is really more dependent on the phone itself, all of HTC's phones have a great community around it also..

I havent tried the iGo Navigator but I can try it if you want
Quote from lukelfs :...I havent tried the iGo Navigator but I can try it if you want

If is not a problem for you and you feel like that could be great

I compared the price with the HD Mini. I can get this for 375€ and the Legend for 400. The specs are smiliar but keeping in mind the Legend has AMOLED display, flash and 1300mh battery I think the extra money is well worth. Also the optical pad seems to be pretty cool But I'll wait until the Mini is releasd (next weel if I'm not mistaken) and I can read a couple of full reviews of it
Just found a place where I can get the HTC Desire for 419€.... That's damn tempting
Quote from NitroNitrous :Just found a place where I can get the HTC Desire for 419€.... That's damn tempting

Hey, sorry I forgot to post, I was going to try the sat nav app but I cant find the correct maps to test it for you, sorry..

However, I have a HTC Hero that is running the Legend Android rom, it looks damn nice and is pretty cool to use, Ask me anything you want, I can test almost everything except Flash..
well i got the galaxy spica just over a week ago and so far i'm very happy with it! does everything its supposed to well and is compact - can't ask for more!
You'd be nuts to buy a new smartphone now.

Late summer should buy you a plenty more phone and smarts when first WinMo7 phones arrive and HTC Evo (hopefully) is available.

This is just my personal opinion so don't take this the wrong way but aren't Samsung phones a piece of crap? Tried them in stores next to Iphone and HTC stuff and the Samsung were laggy, slow, horribly designed bricks.
Quote from spankmeyer :You'd be nuts to buy a new smartphone now.

Late summer should buy you a plenty more phone and smarts when first WinMo7 phones arrive and HTC Evo (hopefully) is available.

This is just my personal opinion so don't take this the wrong way but aren't Samsung phones a piece of crap? Tried them in stores next to Iphone and HTC stuff and the Samsung were laggy, slow, horribly designed bricks.

Well his budget is 400€.. so wont the newest devices out cost alot more?
Quote from spankmeyer :Y...Late summer should buy you a plenty more phone and smarts when first WinMo7...

That will be by the end of this year if everything goes well, and I need the smartphone for this summer. And for what I've seen of WinMo 7 it's gonna be too "mobile phone like" and won't be like WinMo 6.5 anymore with that "Pentium III in my pocket feeling", which is something I love.

Thanks lukelfs. Nothing to try for now, I'm still thinking. This week I was convinced the Legend was the way to go, but today for some reason I changed my mind and the Mini is the one I like more

The little Spica is still there oli17, but I think if I'm decided to spend more money in the phone I should go to something better
Quote from NitroNitrous :That will be by the end of this year if everything goes well, and I need the smartphone for this summer. And for what I've seen of WinMo 7 it's gonna be too "mobile phone like" and won't be like WinMo 6.5 anymore with that "Pentium III in my pocket feeling", which is something I love.

Thanks lukelfs. Nothing to try for now, I'm still thinking. This week I was convinced the Legend was the way to go, but today for some reason I changed my mind and the Mini is the one I like more

The little Spica is still there oli17, but I think if I'm decided to spend more money in the phone I should go to something better

Ahh ok, well If u want me to test anything Im open to do it lol, found out that flash works , but yeah I guess go for what you want

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG