The online racing simulator

Poll : Who wants avatars on the forum and who wants images in signatures

Closed since :
No images in signatures please, they really add little and take a lot of time to load
I want avatars, they add character to the forum
No avatars for me thanks , waste of bandwidth
I want images to be allowed in my signature, within a defined maximum size
Quote from tristancliffe :SILLY CARS MONTH

count me in

at first i wanted to use a normal mx5 but this one is at the very least twice as silly
Quote from Shotglass :count me in

at first i wanted to use a normal mx5

Me two
Beware the wrath of the wienermobile.
i like my lotus too much too trade it in.

edit, this post is huge!.
So what do I win? ;p
<< Not sure if this is actually sillier than a Rolls with Speedos hanging off the flying lady but it's a new avatar anyway.
Silly cars it is then...
Raging against the trend
<-- now thats a silly car
"At the front of every queue is a Nissan Micra"

edit: couldn't even stick looking at a micra as my avatar - changed
Attached images
silly_car.jpg
How about my new one?
Quote from Victor :This is my problem:
Yes they do make user-recognition easier, but that's also a problem imo. With avatars, you see who wrote a post before you read the post. Without avatars it's the other way around (you're reading a story and only check who wrote something if you wanna know who wrote something).
The latter results in less prejudice imo - at least I notice that I read threads more objective than before, when there were avatars.

This is my main argument for not having re-enabled them yet.

Yes, they do, although it's debatable what kind of character is being added. It can be a professional character (avatars using real images of faces or teams avatars etc) or it can add useless character like when everyone's taking pictures of their tongue and uses that as avatar.

---

The resource subject isn't really relevant anymore (unless there'll be _loads_ of readers again) - the system's been optimised heavily and avatars/images are even kept in memory. It's the above two reasons why i haven't re-enabled them yet. Although i'm in a constant limbo on whether they should be turned back on or not.

wise words! i also would add that this is a support forum for LFS and hopefully it should be (IMHO) more biased towards its purpose
I'm not one of the really big people on her with lots of posts but I decided I might enter the silly car avatar month thing so, There's mine
<-----

Also I've never entered one of these avatar comp things. Do you win something or is it just for fun.
You win a silly car.

No seriously, it's just for fun. And to annoy Victor :Þ
I voted for both, avatars and signatures but nothing happens if only avatars stay available.
Quote from nutty boy :I'm not one of the really big people on her with lots of posts but I decided I might enter the silly car avatar month thing so, There's mine

That one is quite silly
Quote from MR_B :But it just becomes a blur, it's just one dodgy name after another writing a long reply which no one wants to read...

I like a bit of colour! C'mon bring 'em back. If it takes up too much room on your pc, empty your temps! Clear your history...
If you're nets too slow.... Broadband's a bargain these days! My broadband only cost me an extra quid, then they upgraded it to 2meg for free

If you are on dial up, i'm sure you can turn it off?

Just dont allow image sigs......they just annoy me.

You on NTL?

They do my Internet, phone and they also used to do my tv, until i decided that i wanted SKY
huh
Attached images
hamburger.jpg
I didnt know it was still silly avatar month, i just wanted to show my sexy pic to everyone

Now i changed it accordingly!
Quote from KeMoT :I voted for both, avatars and signatures but nothing happens if only avatars stay available.

Got to have a silly car avatar to earn signatures
Now we are talking silly cars, I will just mention
the danish build "Ellert", - a electric "car"

...just thinking of driving this with a 40ton truck right
behind you...

...scary...
Attached images
ellert.jpg
My contribution to silly car avatar.
Itza nova with body kit, lowered, 500 brake out run ferraris u no wa' i mean like foo.
Attached images
silly avatar.jpg
That's not really a silly car like the rest of them. It's a common site around my area.
Hehehehe
Quote from Greboth :My contribution to silly car avatar.
Itza nova with body kit, lowered, 500 brake out run ferraris u no wa' i mean like foo.

Forget this my Nova's got a body kit and 500 bhp bullshit this is what I call a real silly car 600 bhp turbocharged/nitroused Rover V8 engined Morris Minor and it'll beat most production based cars up Shelsley http://www.shelsley-walsh.co.u ... 20050703/big/CIMG0736.jpg
Quote from ajp71 :Forget this my Nova's got a body kit and 500 bhp bullshit this is what I call a real silly car 600 bhp turbocharged/nitroused Rover V8 engined Morris Minor and it'll beat most production based cars up Shelsley http://www.shelsley-walsh.co.u ... 20050703/big/CIMG0736.jpg

The hole nova got body kit and 500 brake was a joke, its a ricers car and IMO silly. THe kit is completely pointless ........................... (fill in obvious next few sentances).................
That morris minor isnt silly is complete insane and i like it lol.

Edit : got a better one now anyway haha

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG