The online racing simulator
Momo Racing Wheel
(13 posts, started )
Momo Racing Wheel
i Just wanna hear about the Momo wheel not other wheels i wanna hear if someone maybe has it and dont like and maybe some has it and like it tell me what u dont like about it and like about it and is it easy to drive with
I have one, havn't used it in a while.

Don't like it now, because it's not 720 degrees, no nice leather like the Fanatec, and the quality, like the other logitechs isn't that high.
Maybe fun for a year, highest 2, but then they're useless.

Also wrong section posted.
but is it good to drive with
Quote from Bose321 :Don't like it now, because it's not 720 degrees, no nice leather like the Fanatec, and the quality, like the other logitechs isn't that high.
Maybe fun for a year, highest 2, but then they're useless.

Bought mine in 2004. Used it with NR2002 driving through 2 seasons and NR2003 through 1 season. Played NFS Porsche Unleased for quite a while with it. Found LFS in 2005 and ran with the MOMO for 4 years. I haven't raced much for the past year and a half or so.

Mine still works. The "fun for a year maybe 2" is bogus.

It would definitely be much better with something with 900 degrees turning such as a DPF or G25 without a doubt, but the MOMO is good.

Problems I had was a spring breaking in the shifter which I just swapped the left shifter to the right. The pedals start to spike, but it was a very simple fix with some electrical tape. I broke the tab holding the pot in place, but just used some JB Weld to hold it in. It still works after 6 years pretty decently.

If you are looking at the MOMO, first I would think you are not rich or spoiled like many others seem to be. Obviously, they are going to be biased at an expensive wheel over something like the MOMO. You can't judge stuff by what rich folks think.

I don't think they make the MOMO any more because of the G25. I wouldn't get a MOMO used as you have no idea how abused it was, but new for the $70 I bought mine for, it's a perfectly usable wheel.

Quote from ElonB13 :but is it good to drive with

Yup if you don't have the cash to buy something expensive.
Depends on how you use it. If you're a racer, you won't use your wheel as much as someone that's drifting, but if you drift, the momo, g25 and g27 won't last long.

But it's a great wheel to start with.
Quote from Bose321 :Depends on how you use it. If you're a racer, you won't use your wheel as much as someone that's drifting, but if you drift, the momo, g25 and g27 won't last long.

But it's a great wheel to start with.

yes the g25 will last long i had mine over a year i played it non stop about 10 hours a day mainly drifting it worked fine when i sold it. gt3 rs bought it 5 month later no ffb
#7 - garph
Before you start posting everywhere and about everything, check out the other sections of the forum AND the search function!

There is already a section for wheels and a section for hardware and posts already started about everything you've posted so far. Both your wheel posts are in the wrong section as well as the posting your pc thread, which is already in the hardware section.
#8 - Osco
Quote from ElonB13 :i Just wanna hear about the Momo wheel not other wheels i wanna hear if someone maybe has it and dont like and maybe some has it and like it tell me what u dont like about it and like about it and is it easy to drive with

Give me your paypal, I'll send money for interpunctions.
#9 - hp999
I have one aswell and I can't say that I don't like it.
Bought the momo in march 2009, sold it in october 09 and bought my G25 which didnt make any problems so far (:razz

So you shouldnt buy the Momo, buy a G25 or G27 (if you need more buttons) .
Quote from Timo1992 :So you shouldnt buy the Momo, buy a G25 or G27 (if you need more buttons) .

And the cost of buying a G25 or G27 is that easy? For a guess I'd say the price is a good reason why he is buying a momo and not a G25/27!
Quote from garph :And the cost of buying a G25 or G27 is that easy? For a guess I'd say the price is a good reason why he is buying a momo and not a G25/27!

But it doesnt make any sense to buy a Momo because it will either get a problem with the pedals or with the centering (also a well known bug).
Quote from Timo1992 :Bought the momo in march 2009, sold it in october 09 and bought my G25 which didnt make any problems so far (:razz

So you shouldnt buy the Momo, buy a G25 or G27 (if you need more buttons) .

Oh yay, 2 button on the wheel.
If you want good quality and a lot of buttons, get the GT3 RS, it has more button then the G27 G25 and momo combined.

Quote from Timo1992 :But it doesnt make any sense to buy a Momo because it will either get a problem with the pedals or with the centering (also a well known bug).

And a G25/G27 won't, with al the same old cheap technique?

There is a point of buying it, some people don't have the money for it, or don't want to spend it on a wheel.

Momo Racing Wheel
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG