The online racing simulator
Why don't you actually HELP?
(100 posts, started )
Quote from J@tko :This forum is full of 7 year old morons these days

like boothy
theres nothing to really help

this is just a thread saying people instead of helping just laugh at other less knowelegable people. i wanted to agree so i made a spam post that said +1, followed by the " " smiley because it was spam
You know that your attempt to justify your post made no sense whatsoever... right?

Atleast try to make a more constructive post if you agree.

Even if it was "That's true. I agree "

Atleast people would have a better chance of understanding you. Not everyone knows what "+1 " means.

Quote from shaun463 :Jordan, I remember your time starting off on the forum. Mine was childish, but yours was insane!

Hah, My first ever thread got locked

Quote from menantoll :You are also banned from IHR servers, I believe it was for doing the very same thing. Not a quick learner are you?

I do understand it, but simply, not being rude, i don't care.
No one notices that i have another account, which most people actually respect
I'm even in a team with a undercover name. It's epic tbh.

Quote from brandons48 :
Atleast people would have a better chance of understanding you. Not everyone knows what "+1 " means.

+1
im sory, and it made sense in my head
I just have to add my 2 cents here... Someone stated that its easy to use the search function to get most of the answers to most of the questions on this fora... and while that is true, the newb must first and foremost know that there is a search function (sure, most foras have it, but not all are used to this) and then learn how to use it before actually getting any good use out of it... and thus actually pointing them in the direction of the search is a good way to start instead of ignoring them... or flaming them...
even the search button is worth less each day, as more threads fill up with the childish drivel that is becoming more and more present even in the most serious of threads.

I was shocked at some of the posts in the off topic thread, but it seems people really "don't care" what they post and its spilled over into the important part of the official forum.

its sad because this is the first place (except maybe the main lfs site) people come to get and idea of the game and its community.

very bad first impression for some.

SD.
Agreed SD, mods need more banhammers or a under 18 section.
#61 - CSU1
Quote from SparkyDave :even the search button is worth less each day, as more threads fill up with the childish drivel that is becoming more and more present even in the most serious of threads.

I was shocked at some of the posts in the off topic thread, but it seems people really "don't care" what they post and its spilled over into the important part of the official forum.

its sad because this is the first place (except maybe the main lfs site) people come to get and idea of the game and its community.

very bad first impression for some.

SD.

...I would have thought the percentage of active spamming forum users that are also active on track is very small

...is there some way to get this data???

Imo the forum needs a Customer Services Unit, ie. a dedicated selected group of staff(unpaid obviousley)who's job it is to respond to query's in the beginners forum - All new forum user rights need to be amended(untill "12 quality non-spam posts are made") to only allow posts in the help forum and mod's will direct stray posts here. All standard forum user posting rights need to be removed from posting in the help section untill X time has passed.

...obvious stuff.
:rock_band
Quote from CSU1 :...I would have thought the percentage of active spamming forum users that are also active on track is very small

Imo the forum needs a Customer Services Unit, ie. a dedicated selected group of staff(unpaid obviousley)who's job it is to respond to query's in the beginners forum - All new forum user rights need to be amended(untill "12 quality non-spam posts are made") to only allow posts in the help forum and mod's will direct stray posts here. All standard forum user posting rights need to be removed from posting in the help section untill X time has passed.

...obvious stuff.

This, so much
Quote from CSU1 :...I would have thought the percentage of active spamming forum users that are also active on track is very small

...obvious stuff.

Whilst it may be obvious stuff its almost impossible to implement, I mean you could set a min post count, before you could have access to some areas, but thats restrictive and would add a huge amount of extra work checking quality of posts etc.

I don't want to suck the personallity out of the forums, but just wading through the torrent of stupid/useless/pointless posts its just monotonous, and peoples attempts to be amusing like tho one above by peter, not really funny, its of no use, except to increase post count and just adds more spiced ham to the growing mountain here.

I do think most people in the beginners and tech support section of the forums are helped and do get answers and those are the cleanest subforums in terms of spam.

I don't think there is an answer to the way its become, at least not a quick fix, unless you start again from scratch.

SD.
#65 - CSU1
Quote from SparkyDave :Whilst it may be obvious stuff its almost impossible to implement, I mean you could set a min post count, before you could have access to some areas, but thats restrictive and would add a huge amount of extra work checking quality of posts etc.

I don't want to suck the personallity out of the forums, but just wading through the torrent of stupid/useless/pointless posts its just monotonous, and peoples attempts to be amusing like tho one above by peter, not really funny, its of no use, except to increase post count and just adds more spiced ham to the growing mountain here.

I do think most people in the beginners and tech support section of the forums are helped and do get answers and those are the cleanest subforums in terms of spam.

I don't think there is an answer to the way its become, at least not a quick fix, unless you start again from scratch.

SD.

...I don't see this to be restrictive, if anything it's giving the potential poster a defined structure and path to follow. For someone to help another person the person asking the question needs to know the problem, most if not every single help query I have seen is posted off-the-bat with no real thought or fore-thought by user X whom rightly assumes it's the norm to post such "lazy" questions. This happens for two reasons - 1. user X is given a "no-holes-barred" ticket to ask such questions(forum access) 2. User X tends not to take notice of the thread title auto search results, or outright fails to search at all.

If the two help forums are the cleanest in terms of useless posts what is the point of this thread?...it's impossible to stop spamming by users outside of these sections unless the mods get heavy, which would indeed send a foul smell through the air. One also must remember that everyone's sense of humour is different, what you find funny I might not so it's hard to judge - even harder for the mods.

To sum up - although many people are worried about the way in which new customers are treated outside the two help sections I have to point out that if there was some structure to the way they are allowed to post and in the way in which those threads are handled the perception would be one of a professional one rather than one of a community bickering amongst themselfs about this and that. IMHO I don't see too much of a problem, new users/customers are treated well in most cases, the rest is down to us, we must put the foot down and remove the right from average joe to post in these sections and remove the right from new customers and demo users from "no-holes-barred" to make them search before posting causing the snowball ham effect.

There's no need to start from scratch LOL , just put the ruddy foot down.
Quote from Jordan2007 :Cargame the only reason i was banned, was because we had a few races with AI's in. [Was pretty funny People shouting at AI's]
You had the choice of letting us Add Ai's and your insim did not stop us. Not exactly my fault?

Yes it is your fault...

// max cars (real+ai) per guest pc
/carsguest=1

You and your little Arox friend both are hackers, thats fine, but if you can't get normal attention don't waste anyone else his or her volunteered time. It's just pathetic.

And childish. But the fact that you claim to be 16 says a lot already.
im all for second chances, and honestly i think you should give him another chance, unless of corse he actually hacked the server and put the AI in
Quote from logitekg25 :im all for second chances, and honestly i think you should give him another chance, unless of corse he actually hacked the server and put the AI in

Read his second post in this thread.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1403015#post1403015

You will see that

1. He doesn't care, for an account to be unbanned after doing something like that, remorse has to be shown.

2. He doesn't care because he has another account which he obviously behaves with.

If and when I find out what that other account is, it will be banned from our servers also. The fact that he knows how to behave but choses not to is pathetic to say the least.
Quote from menantoll :Read his second post in this thread.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1403015#post1403015

You will see that

1. He doesn't care, for an account to be unbanned after doing something like that, remorse has to be shown.

2. He doesn't care because he has another account which he obviously behaves with.

If and when I find out what that other account is, it will be banned from our servers also. The fact that he knows how to behave but choses not to is pathetic to say the least.

Could you take this matter into private messages please, as this isn't really what the thread is about.

Thanks
My apologies,

I was only responding to other posts in this thread but you are right.

Edit: *Looks at Tyre progress thread. Can I say the word irony?
Quote from gridghost :I just have to add my 2 cents here... Someone stated that its easy to use the search function to get most of the answers to most of the questions on this fora... and while that is true, the newb must first and foremost know that there is a search function (sure, most foras have it, but not all are used to this) and then learn how to use it before actually getting any good use out of it... and thus actually pointing them in the direction of the search is a good way to start instead of ignoring them... or flaming them...

that makes some sence , so....... how can i sell my car here ? J/K
i know helping noob after noob getting around , answering the same question 50ish times in a single day get old real quick , not doing it won't help this
communitie in any way either , you just get more "how/what/where ???"
threads filling up in a hurry .
#72 - wild
Would it not be much easier making a simply FAQ topic that we can redirect the 'noobs' to?

Just start with some basic ones such as:

How do I use a skin?

Place the downloaded skin into your X:/LFS/Skins directory and simply load up lfs, choose the car you have the skin for and click new on the left hand side. :/

How long before the Scirroco will be released?

No-one knows

Get the point?

Yes sir.
I thought this thread was about "Why can't we help with development of LFS?" Because that is a good question.
Perhaps if developers stopped trying to do impossible tyre physics, and changed the game so we can develop our own tracks at the very least, it would be perfect.
This threads main point as far as i recall was based upon the behaviour
and mannerisms of the people that regulary add to discussion.
Obviously the message has got through.... to some people

A "better" forum is a positive for developer interests, ideas expressed and discussed contsrtuctively, without the random noise/spam so that the reader can grasp the thoughts outlayed before you.

Imposible tyre physics only exist because they havent been created yet, or more so that they have.
I would much prefer updated physics then an open track editor.
The horror of empty servers/half completed tracks/fragmented community that would develop after that would be of a concern also. This has been discussed many times though.
Quote from Mango Juice :I thought this thread was about "Why can't we help with development of LFS?" Because that is a good question.
Perhaps if developers stopped trying to do impossible tyre physics, and changed the game so we can develop our own tracks at the very least, it would be perfect.

You know, I'd punch you right in your face, and then again in your stomach for saying that.

Why don't you actually HELP?
(100 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG