The online racing simulator
sparks and flames (ye, rly!)
(43 posts, started )
Quote from zeugnimod :Oh yes, thats really something to want in S3...illepall

Why not? You want realism, right?

I think that was a bit of sarcasm on alco64's part. As is my post a little.
what about flamer kits to use in the cruise servers :P lol
If you can get carbon fiber to make sparks, show me!
Easy - bond magnesium blocks into it, and ensure that the blocks rub on the track periodically. My proposal is for the plank on F1 cars to be bolted on by big, proud fitting magnesium bolts
umm, but thats not the carbon then is it, its the magnesium.
I don't see where anyone said Carbon makes sparks anyway
ok, you've out-pedantic'ed me again
but if race cars are made out of carbon fibre (what they are, sure), I would be interested in why the GTR cars are causing sparks...
Quote from alco64 :i'm SURE in S3 they'll have marshalls that run onto the track and then you can catch them off guard and smack em and watch their ragdoll body go flying...
*wakes up*
i want S3 hehe

I think you've been watching to much of that Tom Pryce crash. I don't know how you could watch it once anyway, it's awful.

Anyway, all the things people have said in this topic would be great to have in S3. Apart from the marshall thing above, that's not so great but it would be pretty funny.
#35 - MR_B
Quote from tinvek :never knew they used dead parrots for car construction

(sorry school boy joke which proves im going senile (or is it sealion?) as its 25 years since i left school)

Oh dear.... I had a teacher in school a couple of years back who still used those kind of jokes... i.e. a girl called Denesse (sp??) and he would say things like, how are da knees denesse? .....illepall
its denise

lol thats pretty bad tinvek
Quote from wheel4hummer :If you can get carbon fiber to make sparks, show me!

lmfao

sum guys never raced in real life but pcracing is fine too, esp S2 and HOT WAITED S2+ / S3... dammit cant wait s3...

Quote from Tanuva :but if race cars are made out of carbon fibre (what they are, sure), I would be interested in why the GTR cars are causing sparks...

Exactly, look at the airfoil things below the bumpers.
Attached images
cf.jpg
the diffusers arent carbonfiber
Quote from XCNuse :the diffusers arent carbonfiber

Might be (although there is no carbon fibre texture to prove it, but they might be painted black).
ok well i was just basing since.. they have no texture, plus most cars like that arent carbon fiber (well.. until lately i guess)

so does this mean we will see wood shavings from the F1's?
I hope so, one day. The devil is in the detail, and Scawen loves a detail
Quote from tristancliffe :Easy - bond magnesium blocks into it, and ensure that the blocks rub on the track periodically. My proposal is for the plank on F1 cars to be bolted on by big, proud fitting magnesium bolts

still, the sparks would be pretty impressive, not to mention giving people arc-eye

sparks and flames (ye, rly!)
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG