The online racing simulator
Looking for programmer
(14 posts, started )
Looking for programmer
Hello!

I am currently thinking about starting a Cruise Community..
What i need is someone to provide us with a cruise insim.. or even make one..

I am a webprogrammer myself.. and i am able to get whatever is needed of servers, webhosts and domains..
Both linux and windows servers..

The main priority in our community would be to make everything fun for the users..
Which also means we won't ever be arsed with rude admins and others who think they are better than anyone else..

So.. what i am trying to say is:
We are looking for crew for this community..
what we need is an InSim programmer (we accept a already finished insim aslong as you are the creator of it and can easly edit it without any problems.. and you know what you are doing)
and Layout designer for the tracks.. but this is no priority at first..

As soon as we have an insim programmer, we will start making the website.

Let me remind you that this would be a NONPROFIT project..
None of us will earn any money on this.. we just wanna try to make a community that ppl will like to choose

and just to make it clear:
We are not looking for "Admins" or "Cops" now.. we need a programmer ..

If you are intrested you could add me on MSN (dixi[at]live[dot]no) for more information

if you have questions about .. anything you could also just post a reply here..

(I also know this post might be messy, will try to clean it up later :P)

EDIT:
Oh.. i also forgot that we will need a designer for logo and skins.

Summary

What do we need?
- InSim Programmer
- Designer (Logo and skins)
- Layout Designer

What do we have so far?
- Servers of all kinds (For game, insim, website, ventrilo... etc..)
- Webprogrammer (Html, css and php)
- Knowledge within running a community, and how we would like the InSim to be.

What do we have planned for this community?
We are ofcourse not just going to have a cruise server.
But that is what we are going to start with, and later see where the interest lies.
I will gladly help if you are still looking for someone to do programming for you.
I must say this is one of the better programmer requests I've seen on this forum, so I really hope you find someone to work on this with you. You could have maybe mentioned a little more about the platform and language you expect the programmer to work in, but aside from that you have earned the coveted DarkTimes seal of approval.
Quote from DarkTimes :I must say this is one of the better programmer requests I've seen on this forum, so I really hope you find someone to work on this with you. You could have maybe mentioned a little more about the platform and language you expect the programmer to work in, but aside from that you have earned the coveted DarkTimes seal of approval.

I've actually been messing around with DarkTimes' cruise script he wrote for Pyinsim. It has a couple neat features I added. I can send it to you if you want (as long as you don't give it to anyone). It's for pyinsim. I haven't finished the license system yet, but it's coming along. Let me know. msn is [email protected]
Quote from learjet45 :I've actually been messing around with DarkTimes' cruise script he wrote for Pyinsim. It has a couple neat features I added. I can send it to you if you want (as long as you don't give it to anyone). It's for pyinsim. I haven't finished the license system yet, but it's coming along. Let me know. msn is [email protected]

I swear, I giggled, and shook my head all at the same time while reading this.
All of the example code and example programs which are included with pyinsim are copyright and warranty free. pyinsim itself is under the LGPL, however this does not extend to the example code or documentation, which are released under Creative Commons. Learjet's cruise server is completely fair, supported by me and I'm happy for him to pimp it wherever he pleases.
:/
I also asked DarkTimes via PM if he was alright with me changing it just to be sure. Otherwise I wouldn't have done it if he said no.
i cant really program, i cant really skin...but il help anywhere i can if you want me to

i can do a little coding for visual basic but it probably wont help, and my skinning isnt too bad but tis not really that great.

i could probably make a layout if you wanted
yes, i am still looking for a programmer..
you could add me to MSN (dixi[at]live.no)

and i dont really care what insimplatform or anything, aslong as the programmer know what he is going to do .. and it works..

would pref. C++ though..

thanks for nice responses
as i said, i am only learning visual basic....so i cant really say i know what im doing comfortably yet..sorry
I added you, I program with php or c# if you are interested in me programming for you just start chatting to me i will be away for a week so i wont be able to start straight away but i will be able to come on msn here and there.
#13 - wild
I was going to say, you realise that you can actually code the whole thing yourself in PHP?
Quote from wild :I was going to say, you realise that you can actually code the whole thing yourself in PHP?

yes i know i can code it in PHP, but its not.. what shall i say... very flexible..

to everyone who is intrested, ive been gone for almost 2 weeks, will be back home tomorrow night..

Looking for programmer
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG