The online racing simulator
Round 3 SO5 - Post Race Discussion
Full extended results (With penalties applied - These are the final results)
http://www.atcteam.org/lfs/res ... 2.03.49_results_race.html

Penalties

NOTE: Warning to Zoom Torppaa
Lap 15 - Dive Bombing (warning) (T1)
Lap 22 - Weaving in the braking zone - causing collision (T1)
Lap 24 - Weaving in the braking zone - causing a collision (Hairpin Right)
No official complaints made - Warning based on what was spoted during the replay whilst checking for pitlane penalties.

Current Championship Standings after Round 3.

Replays available:
Race: http://www.atcteam.org/lfs/res ... Lap%20GP%20SO5%20Race.mpr
Qualify: http://www.atcteam.org/lfs/res ... Lap%20GP%20SO5%20Qual.mpr
I guess i drive over that WHITE line, but in the rules is said: "Yellow line" so please.. don't give penalty for me... please, please, please...
Fantastic evening for me.. Quali wasn't going as planned. I was painfully slow.. Just on last two laps i managed to get into 3rd with lucky changes in set :}

Race was starting nicely, many cars behind, few in front, no lags.. I though i will be pretty busy. I had a great fight witch DOC for lap and a half. Unfortunatelly he didn't had my pace and i started my hotlapping session. It lasted till end of the race.. It was soo boring, my ass was killing me but i managed to get to the finnish line.
#4 - Foqs
Great race there, Kamo.
Nice first Race for me. Good Qualy with a new PB! And then in Race i had a short but fun Battle with KAMO . Unfortunatly i was not able to go his pace so i did a long and lonely but safe Race. Over all i am happy with the Result and that i do not to much mistakes at this long 60 Laps.

Looking Forward to next one
Greetings DOC
Quote from Starwalker :I guess i drive over that WHITE line, but in the rules is said: "Yellow line" so please.. don't give penalty for me... please, please, please...

You know its coming im afraid! that is the pit entry line so im afraid theres one coming your way. (you and alot of others though... )

Watch this space.
My pre-race goal was just to add enough fuel to see me to the finish this time, but after I qualified in 5th just behind Franky I was determined to give it a good go... or at least beat him.

At the start of the 3rd lap me and Franky were jostling for position, side by side for the first 3 turns and Jokelainen right behind us. At T4 Franky had the better line and left me behind, allowing Jokelainen to get the better line into T5 - he pulled off a very slick, clean pass.

This left all 3 of us fairly close, with too much of a gap to make a move for a few laps. While we were all making mistakes and opening and closing gaps there was a big convoy forming behind.
On Lap 9 Franky, for whatever reason slowed on the back straight forcing Jokelainen to brake, therefore I had to brake. Allowing Sidi to pull along side me and pass on the outside of the tight hairpin - I was victim of another slick pass.
I stuck with him until I tried to get my position back. Going into T2 on Lap 10 I got it wrong and hit the barrier, letting gAg pass and Pingo right next to me. He got the better of me at T4, and as I was off the racing line and perhaps a bit too desperate to keep up with him I lost a place to TJ too. But he gave it right back when he clipped a barrier. Leaving me in 9th.

A few laps later I managed to catch up with Sidi, but even with his big ballast he's still a bugger to pass. Our fight allowed Torpaa to catch up, and this is where things got a bit ugly.
On lap 14 Torpaa tried an adventerous pass at T1, he braked late trying to divebomb me but failed, fortunately there was no contact. However, on lap 15 he tried it again. This time he was further behind, and me and Sidi were already side-by-side in the braking zone. Sidi managed to cut in behind Torpaa, but I didn't. He pinned me against the barrier as he was carrying to much speed. However, on the next corner Torpaa managed to pin Sidi against the wall causing him to spin and I ran into him (sorry!). Llane then managed to pass me at T5 after some massive under steer, but he ran wide on the exit hitting a barrier. On the exit of the fast left hander, as I was next to him he ran a little wide, pinning me against the barrier.
All of this left me was some fairly noticeable suspension damage, fortunately it wasn't too bad. On top of that, I was worried about my Clutch temp, it was slipping into the red frequently so I had to ease off slightly.

It was all very quiet until Lap 24, where after an extremely dodgy defensive move by Torpaa on gAg at the tight hairpin saw him spin, I punted Torpaa which helped him face the right way.
A few laps later he tried another dodgy defensive move on me at T2 cutting right across inside the braking zone to block me, karma got the better of him and he outbraked himself, allowing me and Sidi to pass.
For several laps Sidi was on my tail, but his ballast gave me enough edge to keep out of touching distance. And I got some more breathing space when Sidi and Torpaa collided at T2.

Franky and gAg were having a furious battle ahead of me, for many laps we had been closing in on them. The closer I got, the scarier it looked.
They touched at the end of Lap 29, letting Franky forge a big gap.. until T2 on Lap 30. Franky ran wide and collided with gAg again, letting me slip just ahead of them both.
Rather than become their play thing and have my bumpers re-shaped - I entered the pits. And it was a wise choice, when gAg pitted a few laps later the time he lost fighting with Franky was massive.

From there it was a lonely hot lapping session, I was trying to work out where I would end up when everyone had done there stops. I assumed 5th and got 5th after Jokelainen made a mistake on the 2nd turn coming out of the pits, letting me slip pass... and I missed Siirto pitting early on.

All in all it was a good race, but damn exhausting!
Unfortunately I won't be able to make the next race, hopefully I'll see you at Westhill.
Don't arrived on time, sorry Franky/guys.
Results are up (see 1st post).

Website updated to show standings and next race info.

Quick note: Next race is on SUNDAY 11th, not Saturday as it previously stated.
Since I was slow I decided pre-qualify to just put whatever time as fast as possible, go to pits to fill the tank and rest for the race (because it would be long!). My plan was to stay away from the walls and pass people when they kiss the wall.

Qualify went better than expected with a PB within the same second as the second place.

Was extra careful at the start because the frame rate was poor, which allowed some people to pass me. some madness on T1 but everything went alright. Gerdoner and Toe were in front of me so I wasn't sure if I could follow their pace with the full tank, so I just drove the first laps.

Surprisingly I could, and after some time I passed him and later Toe. Had a good time battling both of them!
From lap 10 or so my goal was to catch Void, a few seconds ahead. Again surprisingly, I managed it. After some mistake I passed him and tried to pull away, but he wouldn't let me. This lasted for the most part of the race, untill lap 40 or so.

At that time the faster guys who had already pitted were right behind Void. Cropsy was leading the pack and the first to get close to me. I thought this was a good time to pit instead of fighting him (and considering Void was fighting the others, which would slow him down and allow me to pass back when he pitted). On lap 42 I did my stop.

Got back behind Gerdoner and Liane. Gerdoner did some weird move on the hairpin and steered to the other side () so Liane and me passed by. Started putting some pressure on and it payed off - with about 15 laps to go I had a clear track, a good time to push it.

The "vs. Void" tactic payed off as well, he rejoined a fair distance behind. I was very happy with my performance. Almost no errors, just a couple of taps on the wall and better than expected pace.
Then... with 10 laps to go I came to lap Jason... he parked the car ahead of me which made me happy as he wouldn't interfere a bit on my lap... But as I was passing he threw his car on me (not sure what happened, but it seemed that way)..

I carried on, had a bit of damage but I felt confident I could hold Liane back until the end. Then... with 3 laps to go I came to lap Pastrana on T1... He hit the wall and bounced back on me, tried to avoid and hit Liane on the process. I spun and there was nothing more I could do to regain that position.

Finished 13th I guess, quite happy with my performance (sorry for the long post :shy.

Edit: meh penalty, finished 14th. Missed the part about pit entry.
Quote from de Souza :Gerdoner did some weird move on the hairpin and steered to the other side () so Liane and me passed by.

I did a lot of weird maneuvers in that race :P

Well, to start with, I did a Chandhok this time: my first lap on this combo was in qualifying. Really wasn't motivated (should have learned last week... I didn't, but yeah, no time to race LFS really).
Anyway, wasn't too happy with qualy, then again what did I expect. Just thought to myself "Stay out of trouble, don't do stupid moves, get some points, enjoy yourself".
Well, the first few laps were really cool, close but fair battles, but after a while I lost contact to the guys infront and pulled away from the guys behind me... and then I became a bit frustrated... lost concentration, made quite a few more errors resulting in wallrides etc, got even more frustrated.... and so on. Once in a while I had a nice battle (which I really enjoyed, although most of the times it ended with me overshooting the hairpin and loosing a lot of time :P), but overall I was quite bored. Thought about retiring, but then I could have learned... so I raced on
Overall the worst race so far (in terms of fun factor for me), but oh well. Looking forward to the next race

Edit: Doc's team is the doctor?
Quote from franky500 :You know its coming im afraid! that is the pit entry line so im afraid theres one coming your way. (you and alot of others though... )

Watch this space.

Okay... Well, i'm just so fuc**** stupid.. My whole championship is crashing in that damn line
Quote from franky500 :
Quick note: Next race is on SUNDAY 11th, not Saturday as it previously stated.

Good stuff, I might be able to make it then.
Well, trying to pretend torppa, even though he got only warnings.

Lap 15: There shouldn't be anything wrong. I'd say divebombs are part of racing, if they aren't too harsh and if they don't cause any damage or collision they shouldn't protested / given warning for that.

Ok, lap 22 was just stupidity, there was good reason for giving warning for that.

Lap 24, there was a little confusement where braking but i dont see a reason for warning.

Im just saying. After wathcing the replay it was pretty good race afterall for pretty much everyone
Quote from Hahmo :Well, trying to pretend torppa, even though he got only warnings.

Lap 15: There shouldn't be anything wrong. I'd say divebombs are part of racing, if they aren't too harsh and if they don't cause any damage or collision they shouldn't protested / given warning for that.

Ok, lap 22 was just stupidity, there was good reason for giving warning for that.

Lap 24, there was a little confusement where braking but i dont see a reason for warning.

Im just saying. After wathcing the replay it was pretty good race afterall for pretty much everyone

from the rules:
Quote :Driving Rules:

These are rules that apply at all times, including Qulifying and Race.
  1. No Divebombing - Anybody causing an avoidable collision whilst divebombing into a corner will receive a Drive Through penalty.

Theres a difference between dive bombing and outbraking somebody.
It was a great race, and like i said, as theres been no formal complaints about it i just want to make sure its brought to Torppa's attention.

Lap 24 was a repeat of lap 22 at a different corner.

Quote from Starwalker :Okay... Well, i'm just so fuc**** stupid.. My whole championship is crashing in that damn line

Considering you have had a penalty in every race so far, You are doing fantastic in the championship.

You can still pull it off easily, Just need to pay more attention to those lines!.
Quote from franky500 :from the rules:

[/LIST]
Theres a difference between dive bombing and outbraking somebody.
It was a great race, and like i said, as theres been no formal complaints about it i just want to make sure its brought to Torppa's attention.

Lap 24 was a repeat of lap 22 at a different corner.

Considering you have had a penalty in every race so far, You are doing fantastic in the championship.

You can still pull it off easily, Just need to pay more attention to those lines!.

Yeah... I'm surprised of my perfomance in this championship. Just have to put more attention in that liiitttlee thing on the road. Have to make it trough clean in the next race or i'll really start to cry...
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG