The online racing simulator
Compressed Skins YES/NO
(20 posts, started )
Compressed Skins YES/NO
What is the difference between compressed skins and uncompressed? I found this option in game settings. What it does? sorry for english
it compresses skin texture for better FPS

when just playing, i suggest it on.. unless.. your staring at other people's skins all the time lol
anyway I dont get more FPS
when you have about 20 cars in sight you will lol
Quote from XCNuse :when you have about 20 cars in sight you will lol

Quote from XCNuse :when you have about 20 cars in sight you will lol

sorry not here.Not eveyone has this issue.
??? okay.. well sorry i dont spend thousands of dollars making my own computer then and have a ton of money to even think about doing such
Quote from XCNuse :??? okay.. well sorry i dont spend thousands of dollars making my own computer....

Onboard graphics here, not a problem. I run half textures off and compressed skins off. Unless you're one of those people who think anything less than 120 FPS is unplayable. Man, I hate when those guys pipe up .
i.. dont even get near 100 fps at that lol
Quote from XCNuse :??? okay.. well sorry i dont spend thousands of dollars making my own computer then and have a ton of money to even think about doing such

And do you think I am so rich or what? Just sometimes its better to say something if you know what about you are talking.You are not alone on this planet .
I am from poor country and I worked pretty hard to get the computer I have now.ITs not latest CPU,GB`s of memory,Ultra mega fast graphic card.You just speculating here about someone you dont know anything.
lol well im just saying that when i have compressed skins turned off, my FPS drops a fair amount of frames for every car in my view so..

that.. and i've never seen compression like other people have, i mean, i see a little difference in the red.. but nothing compared to what anyone else sees for some reason.. dunno why (that was back before we had skin compression option)
I have to say - any fps over say, 45/50 is more than playable and nowadays you can get cards that will do so for less that £110
www.overclockers.co.uk - if you live in UK
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I have to say - any fps over say, 45/50 is more than playable and nowadays you can get cards that will do so for less that £110
www.overclockers.co.uk - if you live in UK

WOW, is £110 like just pocket change over there? Because that's like $210-220 US and that's a nice chunk of change for some over here. You should get MUCH better than 45/50 for $220 US. I get that with onboard if I dumb up the AA/AF!
Blah blah, the feature is an FPS helper. Some people will use it for the sake of their hardware setup, other won't even bother.

The game still allows users to run this game on DirectX 8 you know, it might be wise to think... "yeah, there are lots and lots of people that can play this game, but not quite well even at a grid of 6 cars most likely....".

When the game requires stronger hardware (DX9+), this option probably will still be present, but most of us wouldn't even worry about FPS by then.
Quote from Tweaker :Blah blah, the feature is an FPS helper. Some people will use it for the sake of their hardware setup, other won't even bother.

The game still allows users to run this game on DirectX 8 you know, it might be wise to think... "yeah, there are lots and lots of people that can play this game, but not quite well even at a grid of 6 cars most likely....".

When the game requires stronger hardware (DX9+), this option probably will still be present, but most of us wouldn't even worry about FPS by then.

Hi Tweaker,
The FPS problem with many people is not the GPU.Any card around 100 USD will run this game fine even with some AA and AF without performance drop.
LFS is very CPU limited.I think its due to many part of graphics are calculated by CPU.LFS 3D engine use now graphic cards in a simple way(at least how I understood what Scawen mentioned on this forum several times).ITs a really shame.I think it will be improved in S3.
hmmmm, dont know why you're moaning about fps lol, i had to race for a while with 10-20fps, because i had a small resolution, i increased it now, and i get no less than 30 fps, with about 50 tops on the autocross track, but i dont care really as long as i can play
So with a limited performance, do you use compressed or uncompressed textures? Does it help at all?
(That was kind of the whole point of this thread, let's drag it back on topic again if we can )
okay, well for the sake of this thread i tested it with ai's at the start of BL and (viewing 11 at a time) and came up with a 2 fps difference; however.. however, having the option turned on, it nearly doubled my texture memory usage.. so
not sure..in kyoto i bet it would take a hit
Quote from mrodgers :Onboard graphics here, not a problem. I run half textures off and compressed skins off. Unless you're one of those people who think anything less than 120 FPS is unplayable. Man, I hate when those guys pipe up .

Man you are so right. damn 120fps is sooo low

Skin compression is odd. On my PC with it on it cuts down the texture file size. Which you'd expect. On my laptop however it makes it bigger and is a large hit on FPS, so I leave it off on both my lappy (because something is weird), and my PC.

Compressed Skins YES/NO
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG