The online racing simulator
Cant Find LFS Database Hi-Res Pack
Does anyone know where I could get hold of the LFS Database Hi-Res Pack as the LFS_database web site is gone

Cheers
???

How strange.

What's bad about it?
Quote from Bose321 :Just post a link instead of posting that bad site.

What's bad about the site?
Maybe Bose doesn't like IHR
anything that is actually better or challenges something of his he wont like. or maybe someone beat him on IHR and he hates them now
Or maybe he's referring to the over 360 markup errors, quite pathetic with the already loose transitional standard
Quote from morpha :Or maybe he's referring to the over 360 markup errors, quite pathetic with the already loose transitional standard

What you said
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
My head
Quote from morpha :Or maybe he's referring to the over 360 markup errors, quite pathetic with the already loose transitional standard

Yeah, in that way.

I don't have anything against IHR.
I'll point the guy who does it in this direction because that lot means nothing to me.

I was just answering a the original request in the best way that I could. at the time, sorry if that upset you.
Hi
I'm responsible for the IHR site's looks and bad coding practices. In actuality their are 470 page errors on our web site. I'm aware of them but certain compromises had to be made in order to get some features in a short time. About 180 errors are generated just by using an original forum template/ skin. Forumotion is a good site but is very restrictive on your access to pages and code (css for example). One of the most common questions for Forumotion users is how to make rotating banners for example. The answer usually is it's not possible. Our site has them though but getting them to work was tricky for me. This holds true for the Jquery scripts that control accordian links.
I'm focusing on Firefox and IE for now but if you have any major rendering errors in Opera let me know as I don't check on that frequently. I also know it renders on Iphone safari as my co-workers show me periodically.
To clarify i'm not a proffessional more like an old school html'er whos learning some new stuff on the fly (Didn't even know about Jquery, ajax, Json until a month ago).
and having fun learning again.
I will address most of the errors eventually but for now it's all about making things look good and being helpful to users. Until we get our own server though compromises will have to be tolerated.

Peace

Gnu

edit note: Bose321 - Please post a better link to that file and I will replace MegaUpload if you so wish. This link is from the creator himself. I just copied it from his post here. http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=20033
Quote from Greg New :Hi
I'm responsible for the IHR site's looks and bad coding practices. In actuality their are 470 page errors on our web site. I'm aware of them but certain compromises had to be made in order to get some features in a short time. About 180 errors are generated just by using an original forum template/ skin. Forumotion is a good site but is very restrictive on your access to pages and code (css for example). One of the most common questions for Forumotion users is how to make rotating banners for example. The answer usually is it's not possible. Our site has them though but getting them to work was tricky for me. This holds true for the Jquery scripts that control accordian links.
I'm focusing on Firefox and IE for now but if you have any major rendering errors in Opera let me know as I don't check on that frequently. I also know it renders on Iphone safari as my co-workers show me periodically.
To clarify i'm not a proffessional more like an old school html'er whos learning some new stuff on the fly (Didn't even know about Jquery, ajax, Json until a month ago).
and having fun learning again.
I will address most of the errors eventually but for now it's all about making things look good and being helpful to users. Until we get our own server though compromises will have to be tolerated.

Peace

Gnu

edit note: Bose321 - Please post a better link to that file and I will replace MegaUpload if you so wish. This link is from the creator himself. I just copied it from his post here. http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=20033

It's not hard to code valid and properly, so far I'd say the design it's self is "OK" doesn't flow quite well though, if you understand what I mean with the colors.

Also why do you need your own server? You're on a free host lmao, that site can't possibly need a dedi server. Also 500server sucks I hate how every god d*** LFS server is HOSTED BY 500 SERVERS, thanks for the 200ms ping ****s. Theres less than 10 servers with under 180MS ping for years

---
on-topic
Anyways is this hi-res pack worth it? I got 1080p monitor...
Quote from cmanns :It's not hard to code valid and properly, so far I'd say the design it's self is "OK" doesn't flow quite well though, if you understand what I mean with the colors.

Also why do you need your own server? You're on a free host lmao, that site can't possibly need a dedi server. Also 500server sucks I hate how every god d*** LFS server is HOSTED BY 500 SERVERS, thanks for the 200ms ping ****s. Theres less than 10 servers with under 180MS ping for years

---
on-topic
Anyways is this hi-res pack worth it? I got 1080p monitor...

Funny that I was on an American server and it had like almost 200 ping as well, hmm those shit yank servers...
Quote from boothy :Funny that I was on an American server and it had like almost 200 ping as well, hmm those shit yank servers...

Funny I was on brit servers where I got 200 ping as well......

....sucks living in the middle of fecking no-where
Hey im searchin the High-Res pack from lfs database too but the link which is posted above is only a high res for tracks i´d like to have this one here http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=31917
maybe someone could upload it on megaupload rapidshare etc would be awesome (:
#18 - SamH
Having a wtf moment, here. I've just done a side-by-side comparison of the http://ironhorseracing.forumotion.com/ website in the four browsers I check site visuals in - Microsoft IE8; Google Chrome; Mozilla Firefox; Opera.

The site is visually indifferent to the browser used in all important respects, as far as I can tell. For a laugh, I did a completely irrelevent source validation at w3c. It was a complete joke, most of the errors identified were down to the validator failing dismally to comprehend the code. That's quite normal.. these validators are pretty dumb. They throw up stupid errors for things like the "&&" operand in Javascript.

So that all begs the question.. WTF? Are there actually people out there who are markup nazis? The site works, get over yourselves.
Any idea where to get the hi-res pack from? All links are dead.
HI-RES_pack_installer_v1

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG