The online racing simulator
Fresh Westhill
(91 posts, closed, started )
maybe i will do it, but my computer is on the edge as it is... 1.7 Ghz 512mb ram, takes like 3 minutes to save a 2048x2048 texture, but when i get my 2nd computer back from dorm, then...i'll probably do it...

Ad update, stayed with lfs ads, but changed some because i didn't have them in high res...
Attached images
Fresh14.jpg
Fresh15.jpg
Fresh16.jpg
uuuewwww.. i think you should have stuck with the original sand, you not only sharpened yours to much, but it doesnt look like it should (with the ridges in it like .. they do on tracks)
nice...i like the dark tarmec too
but somehow, it reaminds me on rF or better ISI Engine, and that's not what I like

but go on...just my opinion
#29 - avih
hmmm.. that tarmac looks mighty sticky yumm
Looking great man!
Yup it looks great... Can't wait for the release
Looks good, but imo the grass texture is a bit too obvious repeatative (?) Maybe try to keep the lighning a bit the same on the texture. But it's not bad.

But the gravel is just too flat. Looks more like colored tarmac to me.
what about tyre marks?.. how looks?
can post a pic with tyre marks?
Quote from dEiCidE :what about tyre marks?.. how looks?
can post a pic with tyre marks?

Hehe are they even visible?
I think the track textures has issue that it looks too dark.
The car shadows will be hardly visible and I even didnt mentioned the evening weather.The cars look probably even more floating then with original textures.

The grass looks more promissing then the road texture.Still its hard to say untill I will see it in action.Some textures might looks good from screenshots but looks bad from in car view or on wheel view.There must be harmony between all the views so the texture fit in all situations.Something to really consider!

Taavi(EST),
Is there any chance to release at least hi-res ADDs now?
This is a bit disappointment compared to your old BL GP which is fantastic. The "new just build F1 track" look doesn't fit with the Westhill, it should be actually even more ruined and more abandoned looking.
make ruined for all tracks!

hehe seriously i LOVE your ruined BWGP
ok, some pictures with cars on track, under different conditions, tyre marks and car shadows don't look invisible to me...

I personally love dark tarmac...and i know that the grass don't look good at all, i'm trying to fix it...
Attached images
Fresh17.jpg
Fresh18.jpg
Fresh19.jpg
Fresh20.jpg
Fresh21.jpg
Fresh22.jpg
Quote from deggis :The "new just build F1 track" look doesn't fit with the Westhill

Which makes sense, because unlike an F1 track, westhill is interesting to drive

I'd prefer Westhill to have the new look, as it's a nice flowing track that has few bumps.
I was thinking the same about doing this to Westhill, but Maggot has a point. Perhaps it does fit well since there isn't any bumps that I've found. Aston has bumps, SO has more bumps than smooth, and Fern Bay definitely deserves the ruined look. Maybe Kyoto, but now I'm thinking Westhill is the one for this kind of treatment. It's sparse of other stuff, so it's like an old track being refreshed and improved.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :ok, some pictures with cars on track, under different conditions, tyre marks and car shadows don't look invisible to me...

I personally love dark tarmac...and i know that the grass don't look good at all, i'm trying to fix it...

Looks very detailed, nice job on that. But like some have said, the dark tarmac is maybe a bit too dark. Well... that looks like a complete and fresh track (reminds me of newest Fuji track). However, maybe too fresh... like it has no wear and tear. Or not so much that... but it being so dark makes it look new... all the time. Maybe make it a slight bit greyer, so it doesn't feel out of place (because it is so dark, the surrounding textures are so dull, just doesn't fit in). Make two versions if you prefer the dark stuff then .
just looks too fake imo
reworked tarmac texture:
Attached images
Fresh23.jpg
Fresh24.jpg
is it just me or does it look "spotty" now :S
i mean the lighter grey looks good but there are lighter grey spots all through it. i'm not understanding what you're trying to do here. hehe.
Project restarted from scratch now, everything was collapsing, making a good tarmac texture only with photoshop is hard, but atleast it tiles properly...

so i think u get to test tagforce's textures before u can mine...
i don't believe there was any need to scrap your current textures. all you had to do was lighten up the entire dark tarmac by a few shades.
It was progressing nicely but i think you just gave up and made it spotty.
Don't give up mate.
Brilliant, just brillaint!!!!

Though..........

If you are making the tarmac/asphault updated i would also say that you would need to update the kerbs as well, mabe red and white, and the gravel trap needs editing aswell coz that looks like a beach 2, but apart from that yeah brilliant keep up the good work.

Also is there any chance of making other scenery like more grandstands or new signs/banners e.c.t e.c.t

If so can you tell me and i would b more than happy to giv another suggestion.
(not trying 2 b bossy or rude)
Quote from James Montgomery :
Also is there any chance of making other scenery like more grandstands or new signs/banners e.c.t e.c.t

If so can you tell me and i would b more than happy to giv another suggestion.
(not trying 2 b bossy or rude)

No chance in adding in new models (eg. Grandstands and signs)
But we can change pretty much any texture in the game
Looks realy great.
I like it.
vote for post tex *G*
This thread is closed

Fresh Westhill
(91 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG