The online racing simulator
Fresh Westhill
(91 posts, closed, started )
!Fresh Look For all tracks!
Since i'm starting to see More and more single track texture editions, i'm starting my new project with all tracks, so the westhill textures will be in the pack, sorry if i'm delaying the westhill textures for too long, but i have had heaps of other stuff to do lately (getting my stuff back from dorm etc), so if u guys have patience, then a "big" texture pack from me is in the works, i'll start posting pictures of other tracks when they start to look like they are ready for crits.
Attached images
Fresh.jpg
Hard to appreciate with the bloom.
The pic look's photoshopped to me ?

But anyway, go for it Taavi, it cant hurt , (shame you could'nt add another config to the track)

BTW, that BM/Williams skin works really well on the F08
It's hard to tell what it really looks like in such an edited picture. My first thoughts are that it's too dark. It looks like two day old asphalt, not a well used racetrack. It's also too uniform. Other than those strange lines there aren't any variations so it doesn't quite look real. I think you're on the right track though!
earm...sorry, maybe u should post unedited material...
maybe i'm alone, but i don't really can say, if i like it or not...
need to see a ingame screen...

edited pics are not good for getting an impression
(for me)
Same here CrazyICE. The ground may look nice, but seeing that your preview show is edited, it might not be like what it looks like ingame.
Tavi,
The road looks too dark.You can lighten it up in PS by using exposure adjustment.It will not affect the texture itself.

And there seems to be a repeting effect of these lines in the road texture.

Unedited picture would also tell us more.More screenshotrs from different Angles(TV view,Wheel view,in car view,SHIF-U from more distance).
it`s in a very early stage atm, it will change drastically, i promise u
hell, it`s the 1st time for me to make a texture from scratch...
#9 - Honey
i like it, i like also that is dark...so i say: go on!
i'm also working on asphalt textures so i understand that the first stage is a uniform texture.

the more people work on that, the more experience we can share and with more people giving precious hints i think we may achieve a very good result.

here -> http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=135259#post135259 i already posted my first tests and within few minutes i will post some update, maybe could be better to use the same thread for all works or maybe not () the important is to replace those "ugly" low-res testures
Seems to me that for the most part, the LFS tracks all have a similar shade of tarmac. Nice to have a darker road
Quote from MAGGOT :Seems to me that for the most part, the LFS tracks all have a similar shade of tarmac. Nice to have a darker road

yeah! with retexturing we have a chance to add more variety, i always thought that westhill and aston should look more dark.
You just HAD to pick Westhill, didn't you? :P

I'm currently working on high-res textures for Westhill (should be acceptable for release sometime next weekend). You can read the other thread if you wanna see some WIPs.

Of course, I'm of the opinion that Westhill needs to be lighter, because it's an old-style track back when they were using a lot more concrete for surfaces.

By the way... I don't mind you making Westhill textures... I think some other tracks need better textures too (in fact, all of them), so I'll be doing those too. I AM however of the opinion that you should post unedited pics, so the realistic look is not due to any filtering in Photoshop.
Sorry tagforce
but here are some unedited screens then, and i've got to agree, posting that edited screenshot wasn't the smartest idea... And it's still a W.I.P
Attached images
fresh1.jpg
fresh2.jpg
fresh4.jpg
fresh5.jpg
fresh6.jpg
fresh7.jpg
#14 - joen
oops wrong thread!
that certainly looks interesting! looks as though they have just poured that tar and it hasnt set yet!
looks like asphalt.. hm.. that looks expensive lol
Not too keen on those lines going right round the track, but the tarmac itself looks good (if a little dark as mentioned).

Add a few cracks/lines ect and it'll be good. Just dont go OTT on the cracks like you done on BL.

Keep up the good work man.
Quote from sil3ntwar :looks as though they have just poured that tar and it hasnt set yet!

That was my point! As westhill looks a bit unfinished, so i tried to make it look newer, as in: "scavier is letting us race on their newest track that they are still working on"...so it should feel this way aswell...all still extremely smooth :dopey:
Looks great! Any chance at a version with LFS sponsors though?
thats the one thing that keeps me from downloading all this stuff is because they are all changing the ads around the track and i dont want to do that.. same reason as to why i dont think we should be allowed to make a different wheel texture for the BF1
ok point taken, written a note, will try my best...
nice road texture, but i'm thinking what's with the white lines all the way through it? if you got rid of them and just add a few cracks like L(Oo)ney said then she'll be sweet!
some more screens...the grass has problems, i know, i'm not familiar yet of how it works...

tried to minimize the lines, but what's up with these you ask? well, there was a new kart circuit built here a few years back, well not new but it got new tarmac and that's how it looked for the 1st summer i don't know why but it did...
Attached images
Fresh9.jpg
Fresh10.jpg
Fresh11.jpg
Fresh12.jpg
Fresh13.jpg
looking good. Any chance for a small vid to see what it looks like at speed?
I think that you could do an excellent job if you did all the tracks in an "updated" style like this, like Aston have a bit of a lighter black, and SO have a more crackish look, Blackwood should have this kind of tarmac also, and Fern Bay, between Aston and South City, then Kyoto, a bit darker than Aston.

I know that some of us would for sure use that pack.q
This thread is closed

Fresh Westhill
(91 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG