The online racing simulator
Tanner Foust drifting Mulholland Highway
(42 posts, started )
Am I the only one not impressed with this? So he fishtails a little bit up a twisty road . Hardly what I call skill at making a car's rear swing out so little. All he really is doing is burnouts the entire way up the road with the tail fishtailing a little bit, which isn't real impressive in a 600 hp "race" car.

Oh, and wheel4hummer, you think you could pick a straighter road than that? Interstate 80 through PA looks more twisty than that.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :
It helps if I pay attention next time :P

tsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

that is the sound of the side being let down
with that ammount of smoke NOT coming from the front wheels, only an ejit would think it's FWD.
Quote from Klutch :That is true, however Blue Mountains are on the other side of australia for me

oh, thought you were from the sydney area
Quote from mrodgers :Am I the only one not impressed with this? So he fishtails a little bit up a twisty road . Hardly what I call skill at making a car's rear swing out so little. All he really is doing is burnouts the entire way up the road with the tail fishtailing a little bit, which isn't real impressive in a 600 hp "race" car.

And i'm sure you could do MUCH better, right?
Quote from mrodgers :Am I the only one not impressed with this? So he fishtails a little bit up a twisty road . Hardly what I call skill at making a car's rear swing out so little. All he really is doing is burnouts the entire way up the road with the tail fishtailing a little bit, which isn't real impressive in a 600 hp "race" car.

Oh, and wheel4hummer, you think you could pick a straighter road than that? Interstate 80 through PA looks more twisty than that.

I agree. Touge wannabe with hilarious angles. Just watch a Japanese touge, then this. Tadaa!
Quote from Klutch :And i'm sure you could do MUCH better, right?

Hmm.... Don't know. I've never driven anything with 600 hp. I do live out in the middle of nowhere and have played around quite a bit with a weak 117 hp in the snow on good off-road tires (read as tons of traction) in an old Toyota 4Runner for many many years.

Can't see how it's so difficult. I've fishtailed my vehicles around plenty of times. I've just never had it with such easy capability as it would be with huge hp numbers. If he would get the car sideways, I would change my opinion. But just fishtailing a car out a wee tiny bit isn't what I call skill, especially when you have such capability on tap and hardly use any of it.
It's just not that easy as it looks...
Man alive, lucky for all those motorsport champions that you don't have the car, right, cause how hard can it be. They'd be in serious trouble if you had a run at them............

I've never done it but how hard can it be: some of the stuff I've read here needs to go in a book of 101 armchair world champion quotes.
Quote from mrodgers :Oh, and wheel4hummer, you think you could pick a straighter road than that? Interstate 80 through PA looks more twisty than that.

Well I guess looks can be deceiving. If I go out and but a SD card for my shit digital camera, and devise some way of making a mount to put it on my dash (I may mount it to my bumper instead, or something) I'll make a video for you.
Quote from mrodgers :Hmm.... Don't know. I've never driven anything with 600 hp. I do live out in the middle of nowhere and have played around quite a bit with a weak 117 hp in the snow on good off-road tires (read as tons of traction) in an old Toyota 4Runner for many many years.

Can't see how it's so difficult. I've fishtailed my vehicles around plenty of times. I've just never had it with such easy capability as it would be with huge hp numbers. If he would get the car sideways, I would change my opinion. But just fishtailing a car out a wee tiny bit isn't what I call skill, especially when you have such capability on tap and hardly use any of it.

You can't, then. Guaranteed. Driving an SUV in the dirt versus a "racing car" with slicks on hot tarmac... I cannot even fathom how much of a relevance gap there is in that statement. You would spin about five thousand times just trying to put all that power down through finicky race tires (which give virtually no feedback).
Quote from mrodgers :Hmm.... Don't know. I've never driven anything with 600 hp. I do live out in the middle of nowhere and have played around quite a bit with a weak 117 hp in the snow on good off-road tires (read as tons of traction) in an old Toyota 4Runner for many many years.

Fishtailing is VERY different from being able to link tight corners on a skinny track with varying elevations.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Cool, I didn't know that Summit Point was that close to me. Also, no google street view on the track? That sucks.

4 hours for me.

I hear Summit Main is getting repaved again this year. I haven't been on it yet, but I saw it in person and in videos, and it looks really bad.

The Shenandoah circuit opposite Main is fun too. I have an onboard video of it that I recorded if you want to see it.
Quote from Klutch :Fishtailing is VERY different from being able to link tight corners on a skinny track with varying elevations.

For once, I agree with Klutch. Getting the wheels spinning in that car and holding small slides may be fairly do-able to most people after a few hours with the car, but I wouldn't expect a World Class racing driver to jump straight in and get the hang of linking up corners and sliding within inches of a guard rail, let alone some middle aged man who has driven nothing but trucks all his life.
Am I the only one who can´t believe how bad the sound quality is? Even my own Recordings of Cars and Motorbikes are of much better quality than what they do with their $$$ Budget. I´m disappointed.

The outside sounds are OK most of the time, but the sound in the car is a joke.

I hate that overamplified sound recordings in Videos and Games where people say OMGZ WHAT A GREAT SOUND! Do they have damaged ears that they hear real sounds distorted too? It isn´t that hard to configure your Audio equipment properly to record a clean sound, no matter how loud it is. Come on...
Quote from Forbin :4 hours for me.

I hear Summit Main is getting repaved again this year. I haven't been on it yet, but I saw it in person and in videos, and it looks really bad.

The Shenandoah circuit opposite Main is fun too. I have an onboard video of it that I recorded if you want to see it.

I just wish I had a car that would actually be worth driving on a track. My current car is a beat up Saturn with an autotragic transmission. (Beat up meaning it's been crashed into a guardrail, jumped over hills, driven at 65mph on gravel, etc.)

Tanner Foust drifting Mulholland Highway
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG