The online racing simulator
Baltic Cup 2010: Round 4 Protests & Replay
Include the following in your protest:

Lap/sector/time:
Cars involved:
Description of incident:

Race Replay

You can make protests until 20th March 21:00 GMT+2.
Lap/sector/time: Lap 1/sc1/0:42:00

Cars involved: J.Bakšys & K.Dzelzgalvis

Description of incident: Divebombing Yes, I know lag helped to...
but its sucks when you lose 15 positions in one corner
Lap/sector/time: 21/3/0:40:15
Cars involved: LT - M.Runas (MuderGO[LT]), EE - U.Karu (UrMo20)
Description of incident: Blue flag contempt.
Lap/sector/time: 19/2/0:35:13
Cars involved: LT - J.Marcinkevičius (jurisltu), LV - M.Licis (ZyXEL)
Description of incident: Blue flag disregard
Okay. I've checked all the protests. And this is only my decision. R.Kōōts will still look through this and tell what he thinks about this and only then we will tell you the final decision we made.
Quote from kars19 :Lap/sector/time: Lap 1/sc1/0:42:00
Cars involved: J.Bakšys & K.Dzelzgalvis
Description of incident: Divebombing Yes, I know lag helped to...
but its sucks when you lose 15 positions in one corner

1. There was no dive bombing done. He kind of braked on time and took the turn very carefully, but since he was taking the turn from very much on the inside, he couldn't turn very well and you didn't leave him space either. You had plenty of space on your left.
2. There was no lag, you both had a contact with your front/rear wheel and you suddenly span which is very typical for FOX.

J.Bakšys - No penalty, because it was a racing incident.

Quote from MuderGO[LT] :Lap/sector/time: 21/3/0:40:15
Description of incident: Blue flag contempt.

This was very hard to asses, because I have never seen anything like that. (I'm talking about the fact when you flew back on your roof.)
I don't know how it looks in your replays, but after watching the replay I was given, even though there was supposed to be a blue flag, it was not shown to U.Karu. (At least not in the replay, there was no blue flag shown, maybe that's why he didn't notice you on time.) And after coming out of grass, you just ran into him and there was a lag. I must admit you could have slowly overtaken him, but you were pressing your gas and driving straight into him.

U.Karu - No penalty given yet, because of the fact, that he didn't have time to move out of the way, while M.Runas was pressing pressing the gas all the way and driving into Karu. Warning to U.Karu for ignoring the blue flag.

Quote from jurisltu :Lap/sector/time: 19/2/0:35:13
Cars involved: LT - J.Marcinkevičius (jurisltu), LV - M.Licis (ZyXEL)
Description of incident: Blue flag disregard

M.Līcis ignored the blue flag, but lost a bit of his control while going in the turn. You obviously thought you would drive past him, but drove straight into him, when you should have let the gas of and braked a bit.
M.Līcis - Warning for ignoring the blue flag.

[/I]
But like I said, this is not the final decision. You can also tell us what you think about this and how big penalty we should give to them from your point of view.
He didn't leave me space so what i have to do ? lol for me 20sec is nonsesnse
Thanks for giving me laugh, these protest decisions (and the replay) are really quite hilarious. Obviously it's ok for you to hit other cars, you get away with it and the other person gets a penalty.
#9 - Lible
Lap/sector/time: 21/3/0:40:15
Description of incident: Causing of accident by M.Runas, applying full throttle despite having clear view of a (slower) car in front of him.

- - - - - - - - - -

I would also like to comment the penalty propositions by AndRo. (A.Pavars if you prefer)

Quote :J.Bakšys - +20sec penalty, because he was not careful enough and could have braked just a bit earlier and not risked so much, but like I said. It was not a big crash, FOX are just very unstable if it comes to contacts and they spin easily + you could have left him space when you knew he was on
the inside.

You clearly state that the "victim" should have given him more space and state that he 'COULD HAVE' braked earlier and then propose a 20s penalty. Something does not match here.

Quote :This was obviously M.Licis fault and we must give penalty here. He ignored the blue flag for the whole straight and then caused a crash which made you stay on your roof.
M.Līcis- +50sec

M.Licis did not cause a crash. He entered the turn and kept his line, while LT - J.Marcinkevičius (jurisltu) drove into him causing the crash.

I would like to cite the Rules of Clean Racing (as available at http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Rules_of_Clean_Racing)
Quote :L-2: The driver that is overtaking/lapping the slower car must treat the situation as though a normal competitor is being overtaken - and not assume the lapped driver should leap out of the way at all costs.
L-3: The driver that is being lapped should let the lead driver past and/or not resist to be overtaken. Only move out of the way for the lead driver when you believe it is safe to do so. For example, not on the apex of a corner.

A blue flag doesn't mean slowing down waiting for the faster car to pass. It means being in the faster car's way for as short a time as possible. M.Licis planned to let him past on the next straight, when the lapper would have been much closer and overtaking would have been possible. M.Licis did not leap out of the way at all costs, but merely kept driving with his own speed while waiting for LT - J.Marcinkevičius (jurisltu) to catch up with him on the next straight where he would have let him past.
Quote from kars19 :release the gas pedal a little..

you do not need to give me a room for a bit???Do you have mirrors???
Quote from Mizteriz :He didn't leave me space so what i have to do ? lol for me 20sec is nonsesnse

For people who can't read:
Quote :But like I said, this is not the final decision. You can also tell us what you think about this and how big penalty we should give to them from your point of view.

Why are you starting to cry right away? I said, this is not the final decision and you can tell me what you think I should have done, but you are starting to whine for any small decision made.
Quote from boothy :Thanks for giving me laugh, these protest decisions (and the replay) are really quite hilarious. Obviously it's ok for you to hit other cars, you get away with it and the other person gets a penalty.

What do you mean? Do you mean I should watch the whole replay and give penalties to every person who caused a crash? If nobody is reporting the person, I'm not going to do it, because it would be stupid and it would take lots of time...+ I only checked the incidents that were reported. I didn't look if the person who was crashed, crashed someone else in previous laps etc.

Lible - Thanks for stating your point of view.
I'll see what Reno thinks we should do and I'll let him decide.
No I'm referring to the fact that large time penalties were handed out to two people who were innocent and were hit from behind by cars lapping them - ie by handing out the penalties you're saying you can hit people from behind and get away with it.

And the first one is just a racing incident, Baksys is right on the kerb and kars whatshisname has just taken a tight line exiting leaving Baksys nowhere to go.
Okay, thanks for advice. I'll change the penalties later. And yes, when you think about it it's kind of weird that I gave penalty for those who got hit, but I just thought they were blue flagged so it was more like their fault, but ehh. Sorry for making this mess. I failed, I admit.

Okay. I edited the post with the penalties.
Quote :
U.Karu - No penalty given yet, because of the fact, that he didn't have time to move out of the way, while M.Runas was pressing pressing the gas all the way and driving into Karu. Warning to U.Karu for ignoring the blue flag.

It's his problem that he didn't move fast enough, he even had to let me pass and just then drive on racing line. I didn't expect that he will move towards road so fast and everything went so fast that I couldn't even think of moving to side. BLUE FLAG!!!
Well, theoretically you crashed yourself, because you drove into him. And before that turn, he was pretty far away from you. And obviously, the blue flag was not showing + after he hit the grass, it's not easy to move out of the way when coming out of grass, especially when someone is pressing full gas and going right into you. + You wouldn't have crashed if there was no lag and maybe it was even your own lag, so that's my decision.

Just wait what Reno says. Like I said, Reno will decide these, so nobody will get upset by my UNFAIR decisions.
He was a blue flag, so I did not expect it.
What did you not expect? For him to be on the track? Last time I checked, having a blue flag didn't make your car disappear...
I did not expect that he back in the track before me.
U.Karu must safely back to track , also he had blue flag and , not let M.Runas pass him , so he obtain a penalty...
Quote from jurisltu :U.Karu must safely back to track , also he had blue flag and , not let M.Runas pass him , so he obtain a penalty...

The blue flag is not important in this case. Karu rejoined the track in front of Runas who was unfortunately not shown a yellow flag, making him enter the turn without any extra caution. He also thought that Karu was not going to rejoin and applied full throttle hitting Karu. If a yellow flag had been shown, this would not have happened. So we should accuse the marshals and regard this as an incident, while possibly giving Karu a warning to be more careful while rejoining.
Runas should have had a yellow flag also, wich means to be cautious: accident/slow car on track. From the replay it seems that Karu didn't have blue flag, he also had a decent distance before that turn behind him with previous car. He obviously didn't expect them to catch up so quickly and therefore returned to track. Fault is both sided imo. Runas could have avoided this incident easely also.
#22 - Dmt
:munching_

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG