The online racing simulator
MoE 24h Onboard lap
(18 posts, started )
MoE 24h Onboard lap
Hey guys,
I made my first video some days ago, an onboard lap of my mate squasseL on AS5 during the 24h of Aston Grand Prix in the MoE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfd_YVrjfq8

What you think about the picture I made therefore and of course about the whole video and cut, I did it with a free version of Fraps.

Regards,Tiмo.Inferno
Use mpredit and attach the replay on the forum because that was crap.
#3 - Seb66
Quote from boothy :Use mpredit and attach the replay on the forum because that was crap.

this
Quote from boothy :Use mpredit and attach the replay on the forum because that was crap.

Quote from Seb66 : this

what ^ they said
The pilot is fantastic.
But the low fps kills the video.
And the video would be wider , the ratio is pretty weird.
First of all thanks for the honest comments about the video.
Okay so the replay is the same v1rg0 posted after the 24h race

http://www.my3id.com/gaming/lag.rar

Quote from boothy on YouTube :Meh dies war sehr schiesse!

hehe :d i am sorry i dont seem to be really good at this^^
Can anybody tell me then why the fps are so low, I switched everything off like the AA and normally my PC is very strong
I'm having about 200 fps Ingame and never had any freeze or something else.
I suck at making vids, but here are my thoughts
Maybe a different point of view would help So it looks like it's footage taken from a camera that's straped to the rollcage or something, with the driver view like it is now, it's too much like a frapsed replay. And as Vegas Las said, the ratio looks a bit weird and the fps could be better I don't have a clue on how to fix things like that so I can't help you with that, but there are many talented video makers around here that would be glad to help you out i guess

To end with a strong point, the driving in the video was really nice!
#8 - Mysho
Quote from Sponge :To end with a strong point, the driving in the video was really nice!

O ye, we love him for that. :lovies:
Guys... Thats slightly faster than the FPS I get in Single Player, driving solo.

Don't make me feel bad

On topic: Maybe try some new custom camera angles to make it more interesting. But good driving
@Timo, for recording games you need a good CPU, Graphiccard & a fast HD. If one of the component is slow, your fps will drop too much down.

and yea, weird ratio you choose here..

And get the fullversion of Fraps ^^
Or try CamStudio
Quote from sinanju :Or try CamStudio

you revived a dead thread to plug useless for LFS Movie making soft?
Quote from fireb0llch :@Timo, for recording games you need a good CPU, Graphiccard & a fast HD. If one of the component is slow, your fps will drop too much down.

and yea, weird ratio you choose here..

And get the fullversion of Fraps ^^

This is absolutely untrue!

On some machines Fraps limits the fps to 10-30 fps for whatsoever reason.

My machine is capable of recording videos in 1920x1200 50fps but not in 32 bits, unless I run LFS in windowed mode. Windowed mode + 32 bits is also 50 fps and more.

Also the HD speed doesn't matter when recording with fraps because even the uncompressed data is not large enough to get a normal HDD to get into troubles. I have a RAID-0 in my machine but I have no performance difference if I record to my non RAID-0 partition.

@ Timo, try recording in windowed mode and raise the FPS limit in fraps above 30FPS and you should be fine
Quote from Commander :[..]

[..]

ah yea... so its not a hardware problem? ok...
Quote from Commander :This is absolutely untrue!

My machine is capable of recording videos in 1920x1200 50fps but not in 32 bits, unless I run LFS in windowed mode. Windowed mode + 32 bits is also 50 fps and more.

Also the HD speed doesn't matter when recording with fraps because even the uncompressed data is not large enough to get a normal HDD to get into troubles. I have a RAID-0 in my machine but I have no performance difference if I record to my non RAID-0 partition.

@ Timo, try recording in windowed mode and raise the FPS limit in fraps above 30FPS and you should be fine

Which are your rig specs? I have similar issues as Timo with my rig, I do have good FPS in game but recording its a whole diff story.

Im running an AMD64 x2 6000 (stock 3.0ghz) + 2gb 800mhz ram + 8800gt vga, single sata II hd (7200rpm I guess), i hit +180 FPS while playing, but in Fraps at 1440x900 I barely reach 20 FPS
All my videos are recorded on 16bits.
32 bits gives me 4fps.
Quote from Vegas Las :All my videos are recorded on 16bits.
32 bits gives me 4fps.

I wonder why I have this issue as well... I have absolutely no clue why, but I tried Shift + F4 (windowed mode) and it worked on every 32bit resolution then.
Window mode didn't do it for my system, instead tried the 16bit "fix" and it improved a lot, I'm getting 40 fps while recording now vs. 8 fps while in 32bit.

Anyway the screen looks fuc$#$ greenish, perhaps it can be fixed through any editing soft like Vegas or Premiere.

MoE 24h Onboard lap
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG