The online racing simulator
2 graphic cards - LFS chooses wrong one
In my new laptop there are 2 gfx cards:
Onboard Intel GPU
Nvidia 310M

In the Nvidia control panel I've set the main 3D card to use the one from Nvidia. Still, LFS chooses the onboard Intel one to use. I've deleted the config (txt) files, but still no go.

Help?
Problem with 2 graphic cards
In my new laptop there are 2 gfx cards:
Onboard Intel GPU
Nvidia 310M

In the Nvidia control panel I've set the main 3D card to use the one from Nvidia. Still, LFS chooses the onboard Intel one to use. I've deleted the config (txt) files, but still no go.

Help?
#3 - amp88
Try this...
Go to Options -> Graphics.
Find the line beginning with "Adapter" (should be near the bottom)
Click on the adapter name and select the nvidia card
Restart LFS
Thx, but it's a no go.

The adapter (name is displayed in yellow/green) is not selectable.
I've tried to edit the card_cfg by manually changing 'Adapter Select 0' to 'Adapter Select 1' but it doesn't work.

Is this a ThinkPad T410 or T510?
#6 - amp88
Yeah sorry, I've made 2 threads, the other one is closed now

@cobra: No, it's not a Lenovo Thinkpad

A lot of new processors (i5/i7???) have an onboard gfx, is there somebody with a solution who had the same issue?

@Devs: Is there a way to edit the card_cfg file so I can force it to use the other card?
Have you chosen that video card to be used by your windows?
Sry for language.
Attached images
GPU.JPG
Actually, the OS is Windows 7.
And yes, the correct gfx card is selected in Windows.

your language is OK
I have said for my Windows language. I'm quite good in english.
Have a look in the BIOS and disable it from there maybe ?
Wouldn't diasbling the card in windows be an easier solution? Rightclick My Computer-> Properties->Hardware-> Device Manager. Unfold the Graphic adaptors tree, rightclick the onboard GFX, select diable and there you go
Yes that would work but isnt that an auto switching laptop (Optimus or something), onboard for battery life and when you want to play it goes to the proper one?

So disabling it would be a pain if he wants that to happen?

If not yeah just disable it?
If you plug it in an electrical surge(is it surge?), then you have no probs with battery.
Quote from lukelfs :Yes that would work but isnt that an auto switching laptop (Optimus or something), onboard for battery life and when you want to play it goes to the proper one?

So disabling it would be a pain if he wants that to happen?

If not yeah just disable it?

You can disable the onboard chip only when you are about to play some games...

And Matija is right, you need to run on AC power when you are gaming anyway, so killing the onboard GPU just for the gaming time and re-enabling it afterwards seems like a nice workaround for me...
That's something I tried last night.
It's indeed an Optimus one.
Disabling the onboard card in Windows gave me......a black screen
The Nvidia one is 'triggered' when I run a game, well that's the theory anyway....
What kind of performance are you getting in LFS? It's possible it is actually using the nVidia one in LFS, just reporting it as the onboard.
cant u just go to the card_cfg file and type in where it says the wrong one the right one.....this prob wont work but shhh
@Degats: The performance is not good as it should be with the other one

@Logitek: I've tried it already, but indeed...no go. It always fills in the onboard gpu.

To make things clear: The Nvidia card is used in other games by default, only LFS seems to ignore the Windows settings.
I have ATI, so I don't know Nvidia software, but isn't it possible to create single "game profiles" with its control panel ?
@Ripley: that's possible and I've already tried that one, but still....
Quote from Degats :What kind of performance are you getting in LFS? It's possible it is actually using the nVidia one in LFS, just reporting it as the onboard.

Quote from Vultureke :@Degats: The performance is not good as it should be with the other one

Do you know what the trigger is? In all your other games do you manually set somewhere within Windows or once you have loaded your game which graphics option it should use? Or does it seem to be happening automatically in your other games?

If it is automatic perhaps LFS uses a version of DirectX old enough that the NVIDIA software doesn't regard LFS as a graphically intensive application. Whereas if you try running a game which is designed for DirectX 10 for example, the NVIDIA software "knows" to switch to the dedicated graphics chip.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG