The online racing simulator
3 year old girl mistakes a real gun for a Wii-gun, kills herself
dude...i don't even know what to type for that...
#3 - JJ72
"The gun was out because he had heard a prowler and gotten the gun out earlier that evening. He then left the gun on the table in the living room."

I don't understand some people....

Didn't know the Wii has a gun like that, I thought they only have the wii zapper. which wouldn't lead to this happening.
Quote from JJ72 :Didn't know the Wii has a gun like that, I thought they only have the wii zapper. which wouldn't lead to this happening.

And no game for a 3yr old would require it anyway.
Quote from JJ72 :
Didn't know the Wii has a gun like that, I thought they only have the wii zapper. which wouldn't lead to this happening.

I rather think that people not leaving guns lying around would be a better way of avoiding it.
Woah - Just saw that the article said the BOTTOM one is the Wii Controller, I thought that was the gun!
Quote from JJ72 :"The gun was out because he had heard a prowler and gotten the gun out earlier that evening. He then left the gun on the table in the living room."

What kind of parent leaves a loaded gun laying around with a 3 year old in the house?, ridiculous.
Isn't it kinda sad that you can alreday tell by the thread title alone that it happend in the USA?

Leaving a gun alone in the living room and open for any children to play with... can you behave even more stupid?
WTH

I thought US laws had all game gun controllers/toys had to be brightly painted to prevent this?

It's sad though RIP
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I thought US laws had all game gun controllers/toys had to be brightly painted to prevent this?

I think the bright colour rule is for the cops so they don't go shooting kids to death who simply play with toy guns.

And yes, I too did predict this happened in the US of A simply by the title.
Quote from Matrixi :I think the bright colour rule is for the cops so they don't go shooting kids to death who simply play with toy guns.

And yes, I too did predict this happened in the US of A simply by the title.

IIRC it's for both

I'll find a source in a few
Parent is stupid. Nothing new. This time the background is a wii gun controller but it could be anything. Final thought to the brain dead people: games are bad.
Only in USA.
First rule of firearms

Treat every gun as if it were loaded

Second (or third, can't remember exactly) rule: Don't point a gun at anything you don't intend to shoot
#15 - senn
Just natural selection at work again.
Third: Finger off the trigger till you're ready to shoot.
Those rules would definitely help a 3 year old picking up a gun thinking it was a wii controller....

Quote from senn :Just natural selection at work again.

And this would work if it had been the parent who left the gun out that got shot. Can't expect a 3 year old to know what a gun is, so natural selection isn't the case here.
Just shoot the parents, problem solved.
wow, only in USA
What the hell, what kind of dad is this? Like, really
I don't know why but I'm waiting for / expecting the follow up article stating that someone is suing Nintendo for making a gun shaped controller...

Though I hope that the poor parent has learned his lesson.
What?

She thought that I was a Wii gun, and shooted herself whit it?
Quote from DieKolkrabe :
Second (or third, can't remember exactly) rule: Don't point a gun at anything you don't intend to shoot

No criminal charges? The parents must be guilty of something, surely?

Horrible story.
Girl: R.I.P.
Parents: You should do same as your kid for you dumbness.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG