The online racing simulator
The toyota simulator
(15 posts, started )
The toyota simulator
For all of you lfsers who do not own a car or a Toyota car and always wondered how it handles, a new Toyota driving simulator lets you experience how it feels to drive a road car made by the world’s biggest car company.

While the simulation’s graphics can’t compete with titles like Gran Turismo 5, the physics have been carefully modeled to give players the unique and realistic feeling of driving a current Toyota model. The simulator is available for all types of operating systems, click the link below to give it a try.
Enjoy the ride
http://www.toyotasimulator.com/
Haha brilliant.
Bwahah! Loved it
also Speedometer and Revmeter failure.
Am i the only one that does not find these Toyota things funny?
Quote from sil3ntwar :Am i the only one that does not find these Toyota things funny?

Yes... I lol'd.
Anyone would think that Toyota is particularly bad for recalls or safety problems, or that other car companies never sell cars with problems.

But then this issue has been sensationalised by moronic journalists during a quiet week, and the daft public have actually believed them!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The reason it's so sensationalized is because of Toyota's reputation for being reliable and dependable. Back a few short years ago, my wife recalled (no pun intended) seeing on the news a Toyota representative stating that they need to cut costs to remain competitive. It's the same that all other companies spew out, "cut costs", and the first thing that is affected by the statement "cut costs" is quality.

GM, Ford, and Dodge are constantly issuing recalls over here. Just because of the economy here and the bogus bailouts over here, Toyota not being an American manufacturer is being unfairly targeted by the media here. GM just recalled a whole bunch of their garbage, yet all it is in the media is a small blurb, then ignored and back to the Toyota sensationalizing.

Over here it seems that everyone wants Toyota to fail unlike what is wanted of the American manufacturers. The thing that people don't realize is, everyone making the OEM parts for the American cars are also making parts for Toyota and all the other manufacturers. "GM is too big to allow to fail..." Well, guess what, so is Toyota because if either one of them fail, it takes away 40% of the business of the OEM manufacturers in this country no matter which of the 2 manufacturers are out. When GM cut their manufacturing in 2008, we cut down to about 25% of our workforce. This year, when Toyota canceled all orders because of the recall and production stoppage, we again cut down to about 25% of the workforce.

The difference is, Toyota isn't flying in their private executive jets to Washington DC to beg for the government to bail them out of this.
Like "mrodgers" are saying, this deal is so overly "hyped". I really think its an unfair blow by the media against Toyota. To be honest i cant think of 1 manufacturer that havent had to recall cars, but suddenly its a big deal?

Volvo had to recall cars more than once for various reasons, where 1 actually had something to do with the steering(if i remember correctly).

Saab had some issues aswell.

And then we are not counting all other construction failures that doestn require the cars to be recalled.

Like the high quality manufacturer BMW that had a poorly constructed cooling system wich couldnt be correctly refilled if you didnt park you car in a slope or rised the front, this becase the filling area(name?) wasnt the top part so that there was still air on the system.

And another big manufacturer called Mercedes Benz, that failed very EPIC with a bunch of models in the 90´s. Im always suprised when i see how rusty those cars can get... and no its in that they arent cleaned, i know of people who took good care of their cars and still had the cars rust like hell.

IF i where to buy a NEW car today, i would defenetly go Aisan.
I think the whole toyota recall has been blown up.

Toyota simulator did however make me laugh.
Didn't Lotus recall the early Elise models, because the bonds failed, causing the front of the chassis to fall off? That's a bit worse than having a loose floor mat or a pedal that might stick if you ignore it getting tighter than tighter for a year.
#13 - 5haz
By Lotus standards that is a minor fault.

Sniff Petrol ran a wicked article about god having to recall humans for being too ****ing stupid.
#14 - senn
i vaguely recall some ford laser or telstar recall where the steering column shaft would snap....but hey if 1 electronic throttle issue because it killed some people who were so dumb, they called 911 in a runaway car instead of shifting to neutral, or turning the ignition off is all it takes....
Quote from 5haz :By Lotus standards that is a minor fault.

By Lada standards this car exceeded factory expectations

The toyota simulator
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG