The online racing simulator
car pushing
(20 posts, started )
car pushing
How to push other player car with strong demage when we going 1v1?
Becouse today i saw one guy who push me with strong demage. xDDDD
I mean without speeding
Sorry, my english bad...
You should not push another car without any reason.
But if someone atacking me?
I want to defense myself...
Meybe are pushing setups or something like that?
Guys, I really think he's asking how can two cars travelling at the same speed make contact with resulting in huge damage.

I think he's referring to a lag hit.
Yea.
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
The answer to that is, try only play on servers where the ping is below 100ms. The main lobby list shows the ping.
If you are doing this then watch out for certain cars that are warping (jumping about) around the track. They might be in a different country or have a bad internet conenction and they will give you a big punch if you get close to them. THe problem also lies with LFS's collision model. That's currently being worked on by the developers
Ow, Thanks.
BTW if in server my ping is 100+ i can do big punch?
If you have a bad ping to a server, then yes you can do that, but it depends on the timing and circumstances, you might get punched instead.

If you start wrecking people because you have a bad ping, then you will most likely get kicked or banned. If you have to 'punch' other players to win then you a cheating really and shouldn't be a bad sport.

I race sometimes on UK servers and have a ping of over 300mS. I have to pretty much keep out of everyones way to avoid getting banned.
Why would u want to hit and "punch" others? I was thinking its more like a sumo. Set rear tire pressure to lowest and go!
#13 - 5tag
Maybe he is used to visit destruction derby servers. Never been on such so I don't know the usual rules but I guess it's about "punching" there.
You just ram eachother, usually a lag bump causes the others to go flying.

I don't think there is a setup for it but i'd just add weight to my car.
Quote from 5tag :Maybe he is used to visit destruction derby servers. Never been on such so I don't know the usual rules but I guess it's about "punching" there.

I miss the point also.

This is a race sim, crashing on purpose has nothing to do with racing.

Good there are destruction derby servers though, people with no skills at all could do their time there

Some, forever.
Quote from matijapkc :Do a PIT maneuver.

What a stupid suggestion to post in the beginners section of this official LFS forum, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Quote from darksmile :How to push other player car with strong demage when we going 1v1?
Becouse today i saw one guy who push me with strong demage. xDDDD
I mean without speeding
Sorry, my english bad...

Quote from darksmile :BTW if in server my ping is 100+ i can do big punch?

darksmile, this game is much more fun if you play it as a racing simulator, while some children like to destroy things (read drift/cruise/destructDerby) there are plenty of us who enjoy racing hard and fair, and not making contact with other drivers.
Stick to the demo if you like the way you are playing, by all means upgrade to S2, but don't expect to be allowed to come on S2 servers and drive the same way, from most serious servers you would recieve a ban rather quickly.

SD.
Sorry, but how is drifting destroying things? It does take some skill to drift well you know.
Destroying Tires, Brandon

@darksmile, look out for "power-up" Items

PS: or better "shield" items
Ahhh, I see

By the way, don't forget the boost pickup.
Quote from SparkyDave :What a stupid suggestion to post in the beginners section of this official LFS forum, you should be ashamed of yourself.

I just answered the goddamn question. He asked how to push without big damage, if I'm right... Isn't it a good solution for doing that?

car pushing
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG