The online racing simulator
Windows 7 dwm.exe
(10 posts, started )
#1 - Be2K
Windows 7 dwm.exe
Hello friends,

i've a little problem. Its not such a big problem but maybe someone can help me.

With Windows 7 comes Aero-Style. My Problem now is that i couldn't play LFS without stopping dwm.exe. Its the taks for Aero Style (Desktopwindows - Manager) LFS is minimizing on tabbing in anytime and the LFS cant catch any Profiler Settings from my local Logitech Profiler. So maybe someone can help me to play LFS without quite the dwm.exe task.. (please dont try to correct my English it will kill you at all :P)
a quick google on dwm.exe...

Quote :The only way to get rid of the dwm.exe process is to stop the service from running. Open up Services from Control Panel or the start menu, and then find the “Desktop Window Manager Session Manager” service in the list, and click the stop button. Note that you will be switched to the Vista Basic theme when you click the button.

To permanently disable it, double click on the item and select Disabled from the “Startup type” drop-down

edit: d'oh, i just realized this was for vista... oh well, i'm sure 7 is pretty much the same thing.
#3 - Be2K
yep i know but LFS is just the only Game wich is getting trouble with it. And googled for it so maybe its just a question about how to edit LFS in a way to run with Aero (dwm.exe)
LFS runs fine with Aero for me (7 Pro x86), so it's a problem on your end. Try this as a fix:

Disable visual themes should disable Aero for LFS, meaning no more tabbing problems.

No idea why your Logitech Profiler wouldn't be working with LFS, DWM wouldn't affect that whatsoever...
Do you use shortcut? Maybe the lfs shortcut has "Disable aero theme" checked or something. Just guessing.

Edit: gtpsharky, damn u

Edit again lol: I messed up with my post anyways. Check the one above :]
i can just confirm that LFS runs fine (and with aero effects) on my win7 64
#7 - Be2K
Quote from gtpsharky :LFS runs fine with Aero for me (7 Pro x86), so it's a problem on your end. Try this as a fix:

Disable visual themes should disable Aero for LFS, meaning no more tabbing problems.

No idea why your Logitech Profiler wouldn't be working with LFS, DWM wouldn't affect that whatsoever...

Thanks i'll try it.

"No idea why your Logitech Profiler wouldn't be working with LFS, DWM wouldn't affect that whatsoever... " I am tabbing out of LFS and when i tabbing into LFS agian the Profiler settings didnt work, got no FFB etc. after i quite dwm.exe all works fine
#8 - Be2K
Quote from Be2K :Thanks i'll try it.

"No idea why your Logitech Profiler wouldn't be working with LFS, DWM wouldn't affect that whatsoever... " I am tabbing out of LFS and when i tabbing into LFS agian the Profiler settings didnt work, got no FFB etc. after i quite dwm.exe all works fine

so disable Visual Style over LFS.exe didnt work :/ hope for some Win7 Patches from LFS devs. so maybe my Problem can be remidied..
I can confirm that this issue sometimes surfaces, particularly if there are multiple windows to manage. dwm obtains focus, causing LFS to minimize and the same thing all over again when you maximize it again. What sometimes works for me then is to quickly switch to LFS, hit Shift+F4 to set it to window mode, then maximize the window and then hit Shift+F4 again to go to fullscreen.

Windows 7 dwm.exe
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG